Hosianism Development Project

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Hosianism Development Project

Postby Aquinas » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:36 am

Please feel free to slap me if this has been covered already...but what position does the Selucian Patriarchal Church have on priests who wish to put themselves forward for political elections?
Aquinas

Postby Martinulus » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:32 am

The SPC maintains a doctrine of separating church and state. It's analogous to Catholicism, looking at my own country a priest did lead the Catholic People's Party but he never took political office.
Hosianisch-Demokratisches Verbund - Hulstria and Gao-Soto

Notable previous parties:
Folkepartiet (People's Party) - Kazulia
Martinulus

Postby Martinulus » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:48 pm

I'm digging up this thread again because my schedule has cleared up enough to do some Particracy stuff again - still looking for a nation to go to, but in any case I'd love to resume my role in Aurorian Patriarchal RP and the general development of Hosianism.

I was always planning at some point to write up some of the Hosian scriptures. The occasional quote here and there works, but I think in the past only Polites and myself (coincidentally) could muster the courage to actually quote Scripture. I think it might help religious RP along if others start doing it, and I think a Hosian scripture would help. I think I'll set up a Google doc, start by pouring over all the disparate references that have already been used and try to cobble them together at least into the Four Annunciations. Obviously, they won't become "official" in any sense unless people like what they see.

Martinulus

Postby SelucianCrusader » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:09 pm

Welcome back! Great initiative, I've certainly wanted to see this happening for a long time.

Also, you'd be more than welcome in Pontesi. :D
SelucianCrusader

Postby Martinulus » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:44 pm

Here's the link to my working document of the scriptures: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a0Q ... sp=sharing. I think I've collected all the references now, but if I've missed any please tell me.

I also added in the start of the Annunciation according to Joseph (our version of In the Beginning was the Word).

Martinulus

Postby Polites » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:32 pm

Damn, looks awesome! If this goes well, maybe we could try writing the Book of Bliss as well.
Polites

Postby Martinulus » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:07 pm

I'm looking for a Galilee equivalent, Polites. Any ideas?

Re: the Book of Bliss, I am way less familiar with Quranic language than I am with the Bible. I'm not sure how much use I'd be.

Martinulus

Postby Kubrick » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:08 pm

I have recently attended a lecture of a very renowned Dutch expert on Islam who gave a very detailed explanation of how the Quran is set up. It can not be that hard to mimic this in one way or another, they are after all simply poems.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby Autokrator15 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:02 am

I would like a wiki page specificly on hosianism and with the explanation of how and what the sects or groups believe. Patriarchs, Luthorians, Aurorians etc.
Autokrator15

Postby Polites » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:13 am

Autokrator15 wrote:I would like a wiki page specificly on hosianism and with the explanation of how and what the sects or groups believe. Patriarchs, Luthorians, Aurorians etc.

Well there's this page, as well as this list. The Hosianism main page does indeed need some updating, and a brief description of the beliefs of the various sects would be useful. I'll try to work on that when I get the time.
Polites

PreviousNext

Return to General