Lack of constructive Debates

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Lack of constructive Debates

Postby Syavash » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:26 pm

I think this topic can be a good spot to talk about different nations debate behavior. I like how they do things in Beluzia, Although I think they should tone it down a little with the insults. but I recently checked out Rutania. I like the way they manage their nation and their role play style, but in their recent bills, I couldn't find one single sentence of arguments being made. Correct me if I'm wrong.
This is a debate I participated in recently in Keymon, It would be great if you could read it and tell me what you think, I would welcome everyone's comments.
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=350877
Syavash

Postby catparty » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:18 pm

Individualistic Movement seems to be RPing well. His zombie mention was in character and well-written.

The Green Party is great too, and they would be wonderful if they included more paragraph breaks in their posts.
Libertarian Alliance of Cats
Feline Homeland of Barmenia

Progressive Party
Realms of Luthori
catparty

Postby Syavash » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:24 pm

Well, I was looking for a more serious experience than the individualistic movement and other parties in my nation are going for. maybe this game isn't for me after all.
Syavash

Postby Afrocentric » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:26 pm

Question for players in countries with established debate/bill/conduct guidelines or rules (not to be confused with national culture, which is important, but is a separate matter): How do you get the other players to go along with the conduct rules?

I have never encountered a player who didn't want to following the rules so I've never had an issue.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby Siggon Kristov » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:48 pm

Syavash wrote:I think this topic can be a good spot to talk about different nations debate behavior. I like how they do things in Beluzia, Although I think they should tone it down a little with the insults.

Beluzia has a feudal culture, and things are getting heated in-character, but out of character, all the English speaking players get along quite well.
I'm deliberately harsh to keep things alive. We try to emulate the British politicians (with the insults, etc.).
We sometimes make in-character threats, backed by bragging rights from election results.

Behind the scenes, we get along well.
I've had good OOC discussions with the Atreides player.
Our conflict is kept in-character.
Without the conflict, everything would suck; it would be boring.
If we're all on the same side, there's nothing to debate about.

--

This is a debate I participated in recently in Keymon, It would be great if you could read it and tell me what you think, I would welcome everyone's comments.

The player for the Individualistic Movement is being somewhat of a douche, there.
He's not taking you seriously because you can't do anything about the fact that he has more seats.

Well, I was looking for a more serious experience than the individualistic movement and other parties in my nation are going for. maybe this game isn't for me after all.

Other parties in your nation. I suggest you leave the country, instead of the game. Believe me, I have had some decent debates, that made sense and added to my debating experience. My cousin is 12, and I just came from a debate that was held between her school and another school; I was very proud of her. We (me and you) play the game for the same reason. Don't quit because of a few cocky players.
Inactivate your account and join a new nation.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby zlopado » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:39 am

Siggon Kristov wrote:The player for the Individualistic Movement is being somewhat of a douche, there.
He's not taking you seriously because you can't do anything about the fact that he has more seats.

That's Neuer's persona. Neuer is supposed to be a drug-crazed, strange, rambling, and perpetually-drunken individual. It's not because Syavash doesn't have seats, it's because IM is acting in character. Neuer is actually one of my favorite characters of Particracy.
House Forstev (Liberal Republican Party & People's Great Society of Hope) -- Beluzia
zlopado

Postby Afrocentric » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:45 am

but I recently checked out Rutania. I like the way they manage their nation and their role play style, but in their recent bills, I couldn't find one single sentence of arguments being made. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Debate and RP has sort of slowed down a bit in the last few months. Hopefully I'll come up with some RP to make things interesting and lively again.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby Siggon Kristov » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:44 am

The borders between Rutania and Beluzia fit so well.
The anti-ATR nation should consider an agreement with Beluzia to have a Co-Monarch arrangement, like Andorra.

The President of France is also the co-Prince of Andorra.
Even if Rutania doesn't want a monarchy, we can have a nice arrangement, although I would love to see another classic republic in the game, that would resemble the Roman Republic (with different aristocrats, in the senate, fighting, on behalf of their family, for the throne)

--

Parties in Rutania and Beluzia could engage each other on many matters :D
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Siggon Kristov » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:52 pm

Syavash wrote:I checked out Beluzia and strongly considered joining it. Though I felt that I would make little difference, as I agree with most of the laws currently in place there lol.

Well, there are 3 right-wing parties just joining, and I'm a moderate left. The current laws are mostly moderate leftist laws that I managed to put in place and defend. I'm afraid, however, that my iron fist is rusting and I need another leftist party to help me to fight for the people.
Siggon Kristov

Postby mrab » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:35 am

If anyone wants a debate, come to Rutania and we'll have a jolly good throw-down. At the moment, the distinguished Parliament of Rutania is a vacuum, and I've been hurling arguments at it without effect.
mrab

PreviousNext

Return to General