What Happened to all the sports?

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

What Happened to all the sports?

Postby radkid1994 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:44 am

I remember how cool it was when we had Cups, and Olyimpics, and Song contests to look forward to. Now we have none of those things, well at least they weren't as active as they used to be. I am willing to help run things if you would like. But I can't run everything. What about you guys? Do any of you want to run things? What about the people who helped create these events? Do they mind if someone else did it for them?

We need to discuss this.
radkid1994

Re: What Happened to all the sports?

Postby Zanz » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:46 pm

I'd be willing to organize and scorinate an association football (American soccer) world cup, if I knew there would be significant interest (meaning 8 or 16, with 32 being ideal) active and interested participants.

EDIT: I've done something like this before: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1788&p=12536#p12522 but it's a lot more fun if we take our time with it, scorinate each matchday and have each nation write up a role play press article based on their team's performance, etc.
Last edited by Zanz on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby Afrocentric » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:25 pm

radkid1994 wrote:I remember how cool it was when we had Cups, and Olyimpics

In all honesty, the Olympics could be simulated on its own by at least 3 people every 4 IG years (8 RL Days) and considering the "infrastructure" (wiki page, former threads, treaties, etc.) is already in place, it shouldn't be that hard to do. The only problems would be getting people to bid on the games and keeping them interested since most of the people on here seem to have very short attention spans when it comes to sporting events like the Olympics.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby meisme » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:00 am

Afrocentric wrote:
radkid1994 wrote:I remember how cool it was when we had Cups, and Olyimpics

In all honesty,the Olympics could be simulated on its own by at least 3 people every 4 IG years(8 RL Days) and considering the "infrastructure" (wiki page, former threads, treaties, etc.) is already in place, it shouldn't be that hard to do. The only problems would be getting people to bid on the games and keeping them interested since most of the people on here seem to have very short attention spans when it comes to sporting events like the Olympics.

Argeed. For example, it was difficult for me to do the Olympics by myself (Running the bids, choosing which bid won, picking what sports to play, choosing how to fairly run each event, constantly making news articles about each event, etc.). It was fun doing it, so I don't mind to start it back up with help from others this time.
meisme

Location: Being taken to the gates of Valhalla, all shiny and chrome

Postby Zanz » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:14 am

IMO the issue with what's being discussed above is that players are given no incentive to be involved. They really can't be. They aren't asked to roleplay, and they may not even know they're involved.

I continue to use a world cup as my example: NationStates has a VERY involved sports RP community and an example of what something could look like in Particracy can be found http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... 7&t=181143. I think if we looked at this as an opportunity to spur RP and news articles, it could catch on.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby Afrocentric » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:16 pm

I continue to use a world cup as my example: NationStates has a VERY involved sports RP community and an example of what something could look like in Particracy can be found http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... 7&t=181143. I think if we looked at this as an opportunity to spur RP and news articles, it could catch on.

Holy crap! They must really love sports over at NationStates.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby Dozzer » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:03 pm

I've seen someone is working on a TerraVision Song Contest treaty.

I'd be glad to take part in it! :)
Dozzer

Postby radkid1994 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:00 am

I finished it today. I hope to make it a every decade or 4 year thing. You should all sign the treaty.

http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreat ... atyid=2240

I was also just made the head of the Olympic Organization. I would love to what ideas you all have on the Olympic games.
radkid1994

Postby hadrex » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:13 am

I would love a football (soccer) world cup thing. I am thinking of coming back to particracy and if someone needs help organising I would be able to help.
I tried to star something like this ages ago.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4206
It didn't take off though.
PI: Parti Libéral de Alduria (User Mincemeat)
hadrex

Postby Zanz » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:39 pm

hadrex wrote:I would love a football (soccer) world cup thing. I am thinking of coming back to particracy and if someone needs help organising I would be able to help.
I tried to star something like this ages ago.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4206
It didn't take off though.

Jackmeister wrote:Hadrex, message me on here or on the game about it!

As I have stated, I am interested in organizing a WC as well.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Next

Return to General