What Happened to all the sports?

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: What Happened to all the sports?

Postby hadrex » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:49 pm

I think if we organise an WC even with as little as eight teams, then this will be publicity enough to get more teams the next time round.
The first step is to create a treaty for the football organisation, then we can begin to elect a president who would organise the WC.
PI: Parti Libéral de Alduria (User Mincemeat)
hadrex

Postby Zanz » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:54 pm

hadrex wrote:I think if we organise an WC even with as little as eight teams, then this will be publicity enough to get more teams the next time round.
The first step is to create a treaty for the football organisation, then we can begin to elect a president who would organise the WC.

The issue is, as always with Particracy, activity. I myself would prefer it to be run like NationStates, as I linked above. It would take more time, but nations would submit rosters, and roleplay each match in whatever manner they wish to do so. This would translate to an RP bonus that NSFootySim can take into account, so the better teams would be the active teams.

I have done a bit of work in Telamon organizing a national football league, but it has not been completed yet. Here is the raw data for it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub ... utput=html

Because no seasons have occurred yet there isn't much of interest there, but the formulas take into account each team's performance over the last five seasons in order to determine their performance this season. It's rather elegant. Some people in #nssport helped me to develop it. It could be translated to an international level.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby hadrex » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:01 pm

Zanz wrote:
hadrex wrote:I think if we organise an WC even with as little as eight teams, then this will be publicity enough to get more teams the next time round.

The issue is, as always with Particracy, activity. I myself would prefer it to be run like NationStates, as I linked above. It would take more time, but nations would submit rosters, and roleplay each match in whatever manner they wish to do so. This would translate to an RP bonus that NSFootySim can take into account, so the better teams would be the active teams.

I have done a bit of work in Telamon organizing a national football league, but it has not been completed yet. Here is the raw data for it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub ... utput=html

Yes, inactivity is a problem. I tried to organise a domestic league in Malivia, a big problem was keeping up with in-game time, since I couldn't be on 24/7 the league happened every two years and in one month.
I played a bit of NS sports and I think we should adopt that system. The tournement could run on an independant timeline to the in-game one. (allowing time for Rp to be submitted)
hadrex

Postby Zanz » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:04 pm

hadrex wrote:I played a bit of NS sports and I think we should adopt that system. The tournement could run on an independant timeline to the in-game one. (allowing time for Rp to be submitted)

I think that's a necessity. It'd have to ignore the fact that a month passes every four hours. No one is capable of being that active, least of all me.

Another option in the mean time is the possibility of organizing something like the EUFA Champions League. Each of us could create and scorinate a domestic league, and then the top 4-6 teams (or less, depending on if we got more people) domestically could travel to an international competition and try to win it for their own glory and for national glory. I think this would be the easiest way to get our foot in the door so to speak, since nations can submit more than one team we can have larger competitions with fewer people.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby meisme » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:47 am

I would love to help too, if you let me.
meisme

Location: Being taken to the gates of Valhalla, all shiny and chrome

Postby hadrex » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:05 am

Zanz wrote:
hadrex wrote:I played a bit of NS sports and I think we should adopt that system. The tournement could run on an independant timeline to the in-game one. (allowing time for Rp to be submitted)

I think that's a necessity. It'd have to ignore the fact that a month passes every four hours. No one is capable of being that active, least of all me.

Another option in the mean time is the possibility of organizing something like the EUFA Champions League. Each of us could create and scorinate a domestic league, and then the top 4-6 teams (or less, depending on if we got more people) domestically could travel to an international competition and try to win it for their own glory and for national glory. I think this would be the easiest way to get our foot in the door so to speak, since nations can submit more than one team we can have larger competitions with fewer people.

The first step we need to make is elect a commitee and a president, who would begin to orginise the tournaments.
hadrex

Postby Zanz » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:40 pm

Jackmeister wrote:I'm out because I have no idea what the format etc. you guys want is all about.

That's a shame, we could work on it so you understand it! Don't just drop it ;)
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby Afrocentric » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:01 pm

I'll be able to help as best as I can since I've never done something like this before.

BTW, is anyone interested in restarting the Olympics?

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby hadrex » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:01 pm

Jackmeister wrote:I'm out because I have no idea what the format etc. you guys want is all about.

Its not too complicated, it will run with a simple format. We were discusing how timings would work.

Afrocentric wrote:I'll be able to help as best as I can since I've never done something like this before.

BTW, is anyone interested in restarting the Olympics?

Great we will need all the help we can get. It would be good to have the Olympics back it will just take alot of organising.

meisme wrote:I would love to help too, if you let me.

You're welcome to help.
hadrex

Postby Zanz » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:16 pm

I am willing to organize and moderate an international friendly association football (soccer) competition if those posting in this thread would like a taste of what could happen... We could either do a domestic team competition - with domestic teams from each of the competing nations' leagues competing against each other in an international league type format - or we could do a short cup with international teams - Telamon vs. Beluzia, for instance.

I would need to know who is interested in participating, and what type of competition we prefer.

I honestly don't think we need a treaty or anything - that just limits involvement. I sincerely doubt anyone would be opposed to their nation participating, so any active player in any nation could be allowed to participate.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

PreviousNext

Return to General