Terra Weather

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Terra Weather

Postby federalist11 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:45 pm

I have been speculating on the weather patterns, geography, and climate of Terra. What I have noticed is that very few nations have filled out their Wiki pages on these details. Some like Deltaria are very detailed. Many nations like to diversify by saying they have mountains, deserts, jungles, and plains. Not all nations can or should claim this kind of environment. What truly would the geography of Terra be like if we used Earth like meteorology?

Using the latitudes and longitudes of Earth and matching them side by side with Terra, the equator of Terra crosses Barmenia, Cildania, Aldegar, and Indrala granted there is a southern Antarctica continent, which I don't think has been specifically proven to exist or not. If such a continent doesn't exist, the equator would cross Selucia, northern Aldegar, Turkali, and Garduridos.

The Terra map appears to allow for a Hurricane season which would originate off the coast of Valruzia and it would mature hitting Maliva and Hobrazia. Since the ocean between Hobrazia and Valruzia is smaller than the Atlantic the Hurricanes would presumably be smaller, but since Valruzia is considered a jungle like nation that could add strength to the Hurricanes instead. The Hurricane season would indeed justify a wet jungle climate in Malivia and Hobrazia.

Majatra Ocean also could have a circular ocean current but because it is shallow and cut off from other major ocean currents it probably behaves more like the mediterranean sea and thus would have very little oceanic activity.

I would suspect that colonial possession of Malivia would be rather wet the same was Indonesia and the Philippines have a high amount of rain. I would also assume that the rest of Vascania would act like Australia having a desert like environment.

I would propose that the far east coast of Dovani would be similar to Japan and China coastlines with possible typhoon weather.

If Terra were the same as Earth then Darnusia and Beluzia could claim California like weather due to the southern downward ocean current that would eventually warm as it got closer to the equator. Rutania and Aloria would have freezing Canadian type ocean and Dorvik would be subarctic weather. The way the map looks several nations are in the arctic zone whereby it would be freezing cold. It could be RP'd that perhaps Terra is a little closer to the sun or a stronger greenhouse effect. Seeing as how nations have had "modern" laws for over a thousand years that CO2 emissions may have warmed the planet to such an extent that these nations are now a lot warmer. It could be speculated that thousands of years ago the shallow light blue water was in fact land. If so, it would look like this:

federalist11

Re: Terra Weather

Postby lombas » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:23 pm

Mordusia's weather according to the Wiki:

The climate is very mild and constant. Average temperature in July is 18° C (64 °F), and 24 °C (75 °F) in January.
The Agrarian Party of the Freestate of Mordusia
Defending free trade, freethought, open borders, neutrality and Mordusian heritage since 2171
lombas

Postby JuliaAJA » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:28 am

The equator could not run through Cildania, we have an alpine region. It could run just North of Cildania, we have a tropical region on our Northern Coast.
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby Zanz » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:38 am

Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Return to General