International Court

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

International Court

Postby EEL123 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:31 am

How do you like the idea of an International Court of Justice, where countries can come and sue each other? And where war criminals and the like can be brought on trial?
House of Razama
EEL123

Re: International Court

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:45 am

I find it interesting that this is already set up among nations that recognise it: http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreat ... atyid=2158

Small now, but Barmenia also has its own court that it allows other nations to sue each other as I was offered.

--

Yes, your idea would be great, but I find it strange that you bring this up as your own idea after annoying me OOC about some IC drama that has nothing to do with your nation or its characters.
This idea partially exists; it is already implemented. Why oppose it, then pretend to support it for the sake of attention?
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby EEL123 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:32 am

Siggon Kristov wrote:Yes, your idea would be great, but I find it strange that you bring this up as your own idea after annoying me OOC about some IC drama that has nothing to do with your nation or its characters.
This idea partially exists; it is already implemented. Why oppose it, then pretend to support it for the sake of attention?

You were trying to 'charge' Solentia. This will not be a venue for 'charging' countries, because that cannot be done. You can only sue countries and charge criminals. Also, a 'global court' with two nations is, quite frankly, nothing short of pathetic. The credibility Barmenia's court is questionable. International justice should be administered by an international court, not some national court which will no doubt work for the sake of its own interests (would a Barmenia court ever rule against Barmenia?).
If the fact that some remote semblance of an international court already exists causes you vexation, I do not stick my tentacles into every single aspect of Particracy.
And please don't accuse me of seeking attention. I am not a moron; if I wanted to seek attention I would post something rather more sensational than an International Court, which is about as interesting to most people as a squashed turnip. I have never opposed the idea; I have merely opposed the way in which you are stumbling mindlessly through international law with the legal knowledge of the average tree sloth (not that I'm a legal expert; I just know rather more than a tree sloth), while making grand claims about 'charging' Solentia for some unspecified, non-existent crime.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:46 am

EEL123 wrote:I do not stick my tentacles into every single aspect of Particracy.

Liar.

EEL123 wrote:I have never opposed the idea; I have merely opposed the way in which you are stumbling mindlessly through international law with the legal knowledge of the average tree sloth (not that I'm a legal expert; I just know rather more than a tree sloth), while making grand claims about 'charging' Solentia for some unspecified, non-existent crime.

Real-world international law isn't the concern of my characters in Particracy.

If you knew anything about the current RP, you'd know that the intention is to use Solentia's conflict to further defame the House of Astredies. My characters have no regard for Particracy's international law either. I designed them to be manipulative and arrogant.

Showing off your knowledge, where it's not relevant, doesn't do you any good. You bring your OOC concerns into an IC matter where I already know my characters aren't doing anything legal. They have a history of disregarding law to do as they feel, then manipulating it after, to their own liking. I never said they were doing anything legally; they don't care about international law, and that's just how they are, so telling me about international law is irrelevant when my characters deliberately ignore it.

This thread seems like an opportunity to further boast your "knowledge" of international law, and the specific attention you want others to pay to the difference between a lawsuit and a charge.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby EEL123 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:51 am

If you have so little regard for the establishment of some sort of International Court, OOC or IC, I hardly see the point of you coming within ten miles of this thread. I do not boast unless you piss me off (which admittedly is rather easy to do).

And just because I stuck my tentacles into your little spat with Solentia doesn't mean that I am intimately familiar with every treaty and every bill and what not that has ever existed in the history of Particracy.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:53 am

EEL123 wrote:I do not boast unless you piss me off (which admittedly is rather easy to do).

Spare me, oh mighty one... please don't hurt me :lol:

Answering your original question...
EEL123 wrote:How do you like the idea of an International Court of Justice, where countries can come and sue each other? And where war criminals and the like can be brought on trial?

I do like the idea, but it is better brought up IC.
Siggon Kristov

Postby EEL123 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:57 am

Back on topic. Yay! :D As opposed to a rather pointless shouting match.

Anyway,
Siggon Kristov wrote:it is better brought up IC.

Yeah, I thought that I'd sort out the details and see what people have to say OOC before we actually implement this.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:02 am

EEL123 wrote:Anyway,
Siggon Kristov wrote:it is better brought up IC.

Yeah, I thought that I'd sort out the details and see what people have to say OOC before we actually implement this.

Look how the CfL turned out... This could do just as great, but expect backlash if non-neutral nations try to pose themselves as hosts.
Siggon Kristov

Postby EEL123 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:06 am

Siggon Kristov wrote:Look how the CfL turned out

I see your point, but the CfL is a political org. It's not supposed to be neutral. A court, yes, that will have to be different. The 'justices' will really have to try to be neutral and unbiased; otherwise it will all fall apart. And justices should be allow to recuse themselves if their country is concerned.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Jalal Al-e-Ahmad » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:41 am

The shouting match was fun to read.
&
This is a good idea.

Jalal is in favor of an International Court, both IC and OOC.
What you aspire to as revolutionaries is a new master. You will get one. - Jacques Lacan
Jalal Al-e-Ahmad

Next

Return to General