National Power Index

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: National Power Index

Postby EEL123 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:31 pm

Jessaveryja wrote:I was planning to base mine on Siggon's so you will have to wait until after he releases his. My versions are by tradition just LibreOffice versions of Siggon's unless I can think of something to modify.
Alright, fine.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Mr.Yankees » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:29 pm

I'm pretty familiar with the economic system in the game. Let me know if you guys need any help. I'm glad someone decided to work on this, it was about time.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby EEL123 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:45 pm

Mr.Yankees wrote:Let me know if you guys need any help.
Just look at the formulae and see if any of them don't make sense. I did add a note about taxes viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4772&start=10#p44338.

And BTW, have you seen this: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4870? If you know about the economics stuff, you may be helpful.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby EEL123 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:09 am

Siggon, I thought I might try to make my own calculator, but I don't have the excel skills, so I may have to consult with you.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:22 am

EEL123 wrote:Siggon, I thought I might try to make my own calculator, but I don't have the excel skills, so I may have to consult with you.

I actually taught myself - just fool around with it and you learn everything. When you want a formula, you can actually search for it. Before the NPI, I had never used the power (as in indeces or square root) function before.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby EEL123 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:11 am

Here's my version. Feel free to take a look at it. The formulae are all correct (as far as I know), but it's quite crude and unsophisticated, technically speaking. I'm trying to implement more user-friendly features (such as an intergrated currency converter or Rildanor calculator), so that people don't have to use three calculators at once - it's complicated enough on itself. That way, people will actually want to use it (hopefully)
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby EEL123 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:13 am

It'd be great if any of you were able to copy the file into some other program and edit it, adding all the user-friendly features. But do not tamper with the formulae. They are correct. Then you can publish it for the public.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:56 am

It looks neat.
The user-friendly stuff will compromise the neat stuff, because it will source the information for the user and put it all on a big cluttered page (like how mine was).

The only thing I could do is add the currency converter and the military calculator to it.

I could add a source page for the budget, where the player doesn't have to type in all the budget info himself.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby EEL123 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:12 am

Siggon Kristov wrote:The only thing I could do is add the currency converter and the military calculator to it.
Yes, that's what I meant. Any maybe the unemployment figures: you enter the population of a region, multiply it by the unemployment rates, do that for every state, add them together, divide by total national population.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:22 am

EEL123 wrote:
Siggon Kristov wrote:The only thing I could do is add the currency converter and the military calculator to it.
Yes, that's what I meant. Any maybe the unemployment figures: you enter the population of a region, multiply it by the unemployment rates, do that for every state, add them together, divide by total national population.

:? it's gonna be hard to put the unemployment rates in a user-friendly feature without cluttering stuff
Siggon Kristov

PreviousNext

Return to General