Unitarism vs Federalism

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Unitarism vs Federalism

Postby Jalal Al-e-Ahmad » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:38 pm

WHAT
Exactly, makes one unitarist? I ask because my party, The Society, http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=17507
Has never once voted for anything that mentions "local governments." We've tried several times to provide only a National police and fire department. We've nationalized the banks, all industry, we implanted a hereditary Head of State.

AND YET
We are now Moderate Federalists. We continue to push more and more towards Federalism each day, it seems. And I have no idea why. I do not want to be Federalist. I don't think I've proposed any laws or voted yes on anything I would see as Federalist, and I've always voted no on bills which are.

SO
What laws affect Unitarism? Because The Society should be Fanatical Unitarist, given our Stalinist laws and rhetoric.
What you aspire to as revolutionaries is a new master. You will get one. - Jacques Lacan
Jalal Al-e-Ahmad

Re: Unitarism vs Federalism

Postby Hrafn » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:42 pm

There is definately something fishy with that dimension. I've always found it nigh impossible to become a federalist on purpose.
Could it possibly be that the whole thing is backwards?
Hrafn

Postby EEL123 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:51 pm

Hrafn wrote:Could it possibly be that the whole thing is backwards?

Doubt it. I do unitarist things, and I get a unitarist rating.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Jalal Al-e-Ahmad » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:58 pm

EEL123 wrote:
Hrafn wrote:Could it possibly be that the whole thing is backwards?

Doubt it. I do unitarist things, and I get a unitarist rating.

What are those unitarist things?
What you aspire to as revolutionaries is a new master. You will get one. - Jacques Lacan
Jalal Al-e-Ahmad

Postby Siggon Kristov » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:19 pm

Hrafn wrote:There is definately something fishy with that dimension. I've always found it nigh impossible to become a federalist on purpose.
Could it possibly be that the whole thing is backwards?

I have the same problem but I don't think it's backwards.
The thing is: apparently every law, that doesn't say something about local governmnet, considers you unitarist if you support it.

So you'd probably try to change abortion laws from "All abortions are illegal" to "Abortion is allowed during the entire course of the pregnancy" expecting you'd be considered more progressive and/or more permissive, but it is unitarist in contrast to "Abortion policies are established by local governments"

I'm very federalist and I always end up unitarist-leaning.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Jalal Al-e-Ahmad » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:28 am

Siggon Kristov wrote:
Hrafn wrote:
So you'd probably try to change abortion laws from "All abortions are illegal" to "Abortion is allowed during the entire course of the pregnancy" expecting you'd be considered more progressive and/or more permissive, but it is unitarist in contrast to "Abortion policies are established by local governments"

Ah yes, but I've done that, and am now a moderate federalist. I've looked back at my voting record and see no reason I should be federalist in the least, and now wonder what bills contribute the most to a shift on the unitarist-federalist spectrum.

I have never supported local governments as proposals in any bills. I must be doing something Fed, but I've no idea what. It is quite odd.
Jalal Al-e-Ahmad

Postby Siggon Kristov » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:46 am

Jalal Al-e-Ahmad wrote:
Siggon Kristov wrote:
Hrafn wrote:

Ah yes, but I've done that, and am now a moderate federalist. I've looked back at my voting record and see no reason I should be federalist in the least, and now wonder what bills contribute the most to a shift on the unitarist-federalist spectrum.

I have never supported local governments as proposals in any bills. I must be doing something Fed, but I've no idea what. It is quite odd.

Maybe you voted against unitarist proposals.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Return to General