Unions

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Unions

Postby EEL123 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:28 am

While I am not in control of the Foreign Ministry, I am aware that there have been proposals to unite Kafuristan and al Badara into one nation because of their 'common Majatran heritage' and other similar buzzwords.

So, just to see how it could work out, how does the Empire of Canrille (a union between Rildanor and Kanjor) work? Are there any mechanisms in place to hold them together as a cohesive whole, or is it all just for show?
House of Razama
EEL123

Re: Unions

Postby zlopado » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:04 am

You could always treaty-lock the two countries into having the same Head of State and basic laws.
House Forstev (Liberal Republican Party & People's Great Society of Hope) -- Beluzia
zlopado

Postby LNRulez01 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:03 pm

Im a huge supporter of this idea of an unified Badara-Kafuristan State. However a complete union with one HoS and one government for both nations would be difficult given the current game rules i think.
- It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal,engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Sun Tzu, 6th century BC
LNRulez01

Postby JuliaAJA » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:24 pm

LNRulez01 wrote:Im a huge supporter of this idea of an unified Badara-Kafuristan State. However a complete union with one HoS and one government for both nations would be difficult given the current game rules i think.

I agree on all counts.

I am a bit concerned over whether this state will pose a threat to Cildania.
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby Jalal Al-e-Ahmad » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:58 pm

Jessaveryja wrote:I am a bit concerned over whether this state will pose a threat to Cildania.

Don't worry, Cildania is free to join the Union.
What you aspire to as revolutionaries is a new master. You will get one. - Jacques Lacan
Jalal Al-e-Ahmad

Postby JuliaAJA » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:07 pm

Jalal Al-e-Ahmad wrote:Don't worry, Cildania is free to join the Union.

The E.D.N.A. might just quit the game if we did.
JuliaAJA

Postby LNRulez01 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:26 am

Jessaveryja wrote:I am a bit concerned over whether this state will pose a threat to Cildania.

Hardliners in this new state might feel that Cildania, like Wantuni/Kalopia, Solentia, Quanzar/Istaliana and parts of Jakania, is an integral part of the unified Majatran State. Given this fact it is possible that Cildania might became a target for reunification. Having said this, nothing will happen of course without the consent of the players in Cildania and the other mentioned nations.

It would be really great if we could achieve an union between Badara and Kafuristan, but i doubt we can get a majority in both nations for this idea.
- It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal,engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Sun Tzu, 6th century BC
LNRulez01

Postby EEL123 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:41 am

LNRulez01 wrote:I doubt we can get a majority in both nations for this idea.
Me too. And I really doubt that we can get the necessary two-thirds majority for any treaty ratification or constitutional change.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby JuliaAJA » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:56 pm

Every once in a while I get the capability to ratify almost any treaty thanks to my alliances in Cildania. If E.D.N.A. would promise not to leave the game out of anger, Cildania would join the union.
JuliaAJA

Postby MrBean111 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:43 pm

Not quite sure what you mean and even if "uniting" the two countries you seek to unite is against game rules however I believe you could establish a personal union (where one would share a common head of state; doesn't have to be a Monarch I suppose).
The Imperial Crownlands of Greater Hulstria
"Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets"
MrBean111

Next

Return to General