Expdenditure calculator

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Expdenditure calculator

Postby EEL123 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:12 am

I was playing around with Excel doing this (very small) test of the concept. I'm now convinced that coupled with a currency converter and a few other fairly simple things, this is viable. It will take quite some time though.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby EEL123 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:28 am

We'll need people to a) do an audit of all the policies and b) make the spreadsheet. Any takers?
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sun May 12, 2013 5:17 pm

EEL123 wrote:I was playing around with Excel doing this (very small) test of the concept.

I just salvaged this thread. If you can complete all this, I'll try my best to implement it.

EEL123 wrote:I'm now convinced that coupled with a currency converter and a few other fairly simple things, this is viable.

Just like my recent project? I had copied aspects of the currency converter to it, and I was hoping to eventually merge it with the currency converter and budget planner spreadsheets.

Additionally (more related to this project), I was hoping for players to create an index or a price list for some military stuff, so that players would have to RP a military budget, like they couldn't have more tanks and missiles than their defence spending allows, and so on. Spending in Science/Technology or Infrastructure/Transport could reduce the cost of some of the items.

EEL123 wrote:It will take quite some time though.

Indeed, it will.

Mr.Yankees wrote:How do you plan to make it public and update it? Tradionally, we have use the Lodamun currency to act as the exchange currency. Do you plan to use one universal currency?

My recent project allows the use of the currency of any nation which has signed a certain treaty.
I also invented the KRV currency to be affected by debt and other economic health factors. Other currencies, like the LOD, are static.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Siggon Kristov » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:36 pm

EEL123 wrote:a) do an audit of all the policies

I think we should drag the big players into the audit.
If you prefer, you can always do up your own listing, and then after players understand it and see it being put together, they can propose their changes to the prices.
What I would love to happen is for each section of the laws to be taken on by a player or 2.

EEL123 wrote:b) make the spreadsheet. Any takers?

I'll make the spreadsheet once everyone else agrees on the price of each policy.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby EEL123 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:30 pm

I'm wondering if there are any people here with qualifications in economics. They would be invaluable in preparing the price list.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Siggon Kristov » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:34 pm

EEL123 wrote:I'm wondering if there are any people here with qualifications in economics. They would be invaluable in preparing the price list.

I'm only a student and it's my minor =/
Some pretty bright minds are here, though.
Siggon Kristov

Postby 5enator » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:53 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:
EEL123 wrote:I'm wondering if there are any people here with qualifications in economics. They would be invaluable in preparing the price list.

Or google, yeah. We can take a look at real-world budgets (as a proportion of GDP) and use those for this spreadsheet. Pardon the gravedig, but I would be more than happy to help with this project.
[ 8.88 | -6.15 ]
~Libertarian Minarchist~
~Voronan Libertarian Party~
5enator

Postby Siggon Kristov » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:56 pm

5enator wrote:
Siggon Kristov wrote:

Or google, yeah. We can take a look at real-world budgets (as a proportion of GDP) and use those for this spreadsheet. Pardon the gravedig, but I would be more than happy to help with this project.

Not a gravedig. This is still current (for me).
For personal reasons (that I will only express privately to EEL if he asks), I have been less active. You can download all my spreadsheets and see if you can improve them...
Siggon Kristov

Postby 5enator » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:40 am

Well, are any of your spreadsheets expenditure calculators? I have a few poll-rating spreadsheets of yours, but none seem to calculate the nation's proper expenditure..
[ 8.88 | -6.15 ]
~Libertarian Minarchist~
~Voronan Libertarian Party~
5enator

Postby Siggon Kristov » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:59 pm

5enator wrote:Well, are any of your spreadsheets expenditure calculators? I have a few poll-rating spreadsheets of yours, but none seem to calculate the nation's proper expenditure..

I don't think I made any spreadsheets about polls.
I am not finished working on the expenditure calculator yet.
I made a spreadsheet for economics.
You can find the other spreadsheets I made in the last 3 links on this page.
Siggon Kristov

Previous

Return to General