Missed Players

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Missed Players

Postby meisme » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:01 am

Still waiting for J94CK to apologize to his unnecessary use of caps lock against my person...
meisme

Location: Being taken to the gates of Valhalla, all shiny and chrome

Postby EEL123 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am

Why is it that in Britain, a (geographically) fairly small country, you have about a billion accents, while in Australia, where we're separated by thousands of miles of dust, dust, more dust and kangaroos, there's probably only three: urban, Aboriginal (they speak slightly differently) and "bogan" (i.e. uneducated country bumpkins)?
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Amazeroth » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:02 am

J94CK wrote:
EEL123 wrote:Why is it that in Britain, a (geographically) fairly small country, you have about a billion accents, while in Australia, where we're separated by thousands of miles of dust, dust, more dust and kangaroos, there's probably only three: urban, Aboriginal (they speak slightly differently) and "bogan" (i.e. uneducated country bumpkins)?

I'm not sure. The Canadian girl on my floor asked pretty much the same thing. According to her, over there only the people from Newfoundland speak differently (although, of course, the Quebecois speak French). I'm wondering whether its because the people from this country came from all over the place - especially the English. The English people, after all, came from Germany, Denmark, Norway, France (can't forget the Normans!)...

I think it must have something to do with the age of the country as well, although I'd be surprised if at least the US wouldn't have at least as many accents too. Also a lot with identity, I think it's more important for a Welshman, Irish or Scot to be distniguished in his language than for someone from British Columbia or Ontario.
Eines Tages traf Karl der Große eine alte Frau.
"Guten Tag, alte Frau", sagte Karl der Große.
"Guten Tag, Karl der Große", sagte die alte Frau.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Postby MichaelReilly » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:10 pm

J94CK wrote:The Canadian girl on my floor

She tidy?
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

Postby SelucianCrusader » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:10 pm

Thanks, warms my heart to see that I am missed! :) And, no, I have not been banned for multiing or anything like that, any such offences are way back in time. My personal life has just caught up with me ftm, but I hope to get back at some point. :)
SelucianCrusader

Postby Aquinas » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:22 pm

SelucianCrusader wrote:Thanks, warms my heart to see that I am missed! :) And, no, I have not been banned for multiing or anything like that, any such offences are way back in time. My personal life has just caught up with me ftm, but I hope to get back at some point. :)

Great to see you're still around :). Hope you're doing okay and will be back soon. I'm still listening to Sabaton btw
Aquinas

Postby meisme » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:00 am

SelucianCrusader wrote:Thanks, warms my heart to see that I am missed! :) And, no, I have not been banned for multiing or anything like that, any such offences are way back in time. My personal life has just caught up with me ftm, but I hope to get back at some point. :)

Ah. Guess I got wrong information. Hm.
meisme

Location: Being taken to the gates of Valhalla, all shiny and chrome

Postby Jalal Al-e-Ahmad » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:42 pm

I miss Freedom&Democracy, the guy who played Al'Democraty in Al'Badara. He was my most loyal opponent for IRL months, and his broken English and vehement hatred of the Vanguards combined to create an amazing character.

There was an influx of players into Al'Badara once, 5 new active parties (3 of whom remained past a week) who only saw my outlandish anti-masturbation State Child Rearing labor camp bills and his 5 different cabinet proposals that always had himself as Head of Government/Foreign Affairs/Defense/Finance.
At first they wanted liberal republicy democracy Al'Badara, and then F&D posts
"I AM MAJOR PARTY WHAT I SAY GO"

And everyone turned on him and his "Liberal party coalition"
He was the best.
He never got personal about it.
What you aspire to as revolutionaries is a new master. You will get one. - Jacques Lacan
Jalal Al-e-Ahmad

Postby Siggon Kristov » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:27 pm

Jalal Al-e-Ahmad wrote:I miss Freedom&Democracy, the guy who played Al'Democraty in Al'Badara. He was my most loyal opponent for IRL months, and his broken English and vehement hatred of the Vanguards combined to create an amazing character.

There was an influx of players into Al'Badara once, 5 new active parties (3 of whom remained past a week) who only saw my outlandish anti-masturbation State Child Rearing labor camp bills and his 5 different cabinet proposals that always had himself as Head of Government/Foreign Affairs/Defense/Finance.
At first they wanted liberal republicy democracy Al'Badara, and then F&D posts
"I AM MAJOR PARTY WHAT I SAY GO"

And everyone turned on him and his "Liberal party coalition"
He was the best.
He never got personal about it.

For me, this is like matty2012 (who was in Solentia, always hating on Beluzia and the Karavs).
I actually missed him. He just recently came back.
Who I really miss are Reno and Nick... They were both in Beluzia with me (Nick is Jamaican).
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby EEL123 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:18 pm

Jalal Al-e-Ahmad wrote:I miss Freedom&Democracy, the guy who played Al'Democraty in Al'Badara. He was my most loyal opponent for IRL months, and his broken English and vehement hatred of the Vanguards combined to create an amazing character.
Oh, yes, that guy. I remember him.
House of Razama
EEL123

PreviousNext

Return to General