We need less Presidents and Prime Ministers!

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: We need less Presidents and Prime Ministers!

Postby Afrocentric » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:29 pm

Farsun wrote:Does it have cultural protocols? We might able to bring it to moderation and they can PM parties there to inform them.

Nope and a search of Kalopia's legislative history turned up nothing.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby LNRulez01 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:59 pm

LukasV wrote:On a not unrelated note, we can't culture lock countries completely. Istalia is one large example of taking things too far. They don't even provide English translations to their stuff anymore.

If im not mistaken thats against game rules and i think Moderation has asked them several times to address this issue. Maybe Moderation should have another look at it, because even the latest post on their country's newspaper was in Italian without an English translation.

Afrocentric wrote:That's exactly why some nations need to be culturally locked. There was nothing wrong with the Hellanic culture of Kalopia. In fact, it made the country 20% cooler.

True, it made Kalopia more interesting then any other generic Anglo-American states we have plenty of. Too bad my party in Kafuristan doesnt recognize Kalopia as a state, but rather sees a unification of Kafuristan with its Wantuni Majatran kinsman.
- It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal,engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Sun Tzu, 6th century BC
LNRulez01

Postby Siggon Kristov » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:10 pm

I'm wondering if I should change the North Beluz HoS' title: http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreat ... atyid=2330
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby EEL123 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:00 pm

LukasV wrote:Istalia is one large example of taking things too far. They don't even provide English translations to their stuff anymore.
Can we get the mods in here? Their little Italian-only news thread are really pissing me off.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby CalF » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:08 pm

EEL123 wrote:
LukasV wrote:Istalia is one large example of taking things too far. They don't even provide English translations to their stuff anymore.
Can we get the mods in here? Their little Italian-only news thread are really pissing me off.

I noticed that. I thought all players had to speak English?
The Popular Party- Fighting to Destroy the VBSM, CLD, FVJ and DSP Monsters
CalF

Postby Mr.Yankees » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:17 am

CalF wrote:
EEL123 wrote:

I noticed that. I thought all players had to speak English?

From my understanding of the rules, if any one player goes there that does not speak Italian, then they have to translate everything. Unless any of us are affected in any way, I don't think the moderation team will do anything. For example, they declare war on a country or involve themselves in RP affecting others' characters, countries, etc. That doesn't mean they are not being royal pains in the ass by keeping everything in Italian and not providing translation.

I am all for protecting a culture but take it from experience, you don't want the moderation team up everyone's noses checking every single thing. Call on them only when extremely necessary. No disrespect to any of the mods but they are only a necessary evil to be called upon in bad circumstances ;)
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby EEL123 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:21 am

Mr.Yankees wrote:No disrespect to any of the mods but they are only a necessary evil to be called upon in bad circumstances
I think that a nation determined to keep everything away from all other players by refusing to speak the lingua franca is a 'bad circumstance'.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby speckydave » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:32 pm

I like Malivia's HoG title the most:

He Who Hears The Orders Of Durrakh-Râajh And Flays The Heretics and Non-Believers, Archchancellor
speckydave

Postby Amazeroth » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:13 pm

speckydave wrote:I like Malivia's HoG title the most:

He Who Hears The Orders Of Durrakh-Râajh And Flays The Heretics and Non-Believers, Archchancellor

Thanks.
Eines Tages traf Karl der Große eine alte Frau.
"Guten Tag, alte Frau", sagte Karl der Große.
"Guten Tag, Karl der Große", sagte die alte Frau.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Postby Jalal Al-e-Ahmad » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:25 pm

Malivia is great.

But you know who's been growing on me (and is a Brotherhood member, btw)
is His Most Exalted Majesty, High Priest of the Black Light, Commander of the Dark Hordes, Destroyer of Foes, The Most Merciless, Raper of Angels, Tormentor of the People of Ariel, Most Esteemed Sorceror of the Dark Gods, Our Anticosmic Liberator, Channel of Hidden Knowledge, King of Egelion, Draco Rex

From the Ordo Serpentis Lupi.
I mean. I don't know about you, but I read that and the party name and his laws and I think:
That's the Cobra organization from GI Joe. This guy is a super villain.

Plus, he's kept the Spanish influence that Meis and others stuck into Egelion.
And he wrote Raper.
This game.
What you aspire to as revolutionaries is a new master. You will get one. - Jacques Lacan
Jalal Al-e-Ahmad

PreviousNext

Return to General