We need less Presidents and Prime Ministers!

General discussions about the Particracy web game.

Re: We need less Presidents and Prime Ministers!

Postby Siggon Kristov » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:44 pm

Afrocentric wrote:
Siggon Kristov wrote:
Dynastia wrote:If people can't directly elect their president, it's not a true democracy. It's oligarchy.

It's still an interesting system, and in a nation with a lot of parties (like Dranland), it could work well.

They're too boring to try that. They prefer posting 15 articles a day about their President; not their oligarchy.

Lodamun reverted to a conventional/typical/generic/boring Democracy; after about 300 years of having a unique system, they chose to have a President and Prime Minister like too many other countries in Terra.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Aquinas » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:23 pm

One day I just know a Particracy member is going to go onto Change.org and launch a petition against there being too many Presidents and Prime Ministers in the real world...!

But on a more serious note, it is worth adding that section 10 of the Rules of the Game presents players with all sorts of opportunities for interesting constitutional innovations. Constitutional RP law bills can be passed with a 2/3rds majority, and they will be recognised by Moderation as legally-binding. Siggon is the process of introducing a system in Ibutho where there is a 1 party state, and the players RP factions within that party (see here). Indrala also has a slightly different Faction System, where parties are banned but players can RP factions representing specific groups in society.

Systems like these are not for everybody, of course, but for those who want to experiment, the new rules really do allow a lot of scope for that.
Aquinas

Postby Zongxian » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:38 pm

Aquinas wrote:One day I just know a Particracy member is going to go onto Change.org and launch a petition against there being too many Presidents and Prime Ministers in the real world...!

But on a more serious note, it is worth adding that section 10 of the Rules of the Game presents players with all sorts of opportunities for interesting constitutional innovations. Constitutional RP law bills can be passed with a 2/3rds majority, and they will be recognised by Moderation as legally-binding. Siggon is the process of introducing a system in Ibutho where there is a 1 party state, and the players RP factions within that party (see here). Indrala also has a slightly different Faction System, where parties are banned but players can RP factions representing specific groups in society.

Systems like these are not for everybody, of course, but for those who want to experiment, the new rules really do allow a lot of scope for that.

So RP constitutional law can enforce faction systems and intraparty democracies? Interesting. I remember doing the whole intraparty democracy thing with Kyodae, but I managed it myself and never made RP law enforcing it if others joined the nation.
Politics is not an exact science. - Otto von Bismarck

Membership Est: 6 October 2007
Zongxian

Postby Siggon Kristov » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:46 pm

Zongxian wrote:
Aquinas wrote:One day I just know a Particracy member is going to go onto Change.org and launch a petition against there being too many Presidents and Prime Ministers in the real world...!

So RP constitutional law can enforce faction systems and intraparty democracies? Interesting. I remember doing the whole intraparty democracy thing with Kyodae, but I managed it myself and never made RP law enforcing it if others joined the nation.

Likewise, it was not hard coercion or the threat of Moderation intervention that got players in Beluzia to comply with that complex thing I had set up, but it still helps that Moderation is deciding to do this for sensible RP. Imagine if 7 players were in a nation, all going along with a certain RP thing, and then someone just joined and invalidated the RP by not giving consent.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby meisme » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:37 am

I now relate to this post on a meta-physical level.
meisme

Location: Being taken to the gates of Valhalla, all shiny and chrome

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:41 pm

Lodamun die.
I cry.
Siggon Kristov

Previous

Return to General Discussion