We need less Presidents and Prime Ministers!

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: We need less Presidents and Prime Ministers!

Postby Farsun » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:41 pm

Off topic forum please. This is killing the discussion.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby EEL123 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:31 pm

Farsun has a point, Amazeroth. You can start an off-topic thread.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Siggon Kristov » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:48 pm

Beluzia is no longer a single nation; this has been so for a while, now.

First, we were an oligarchist union 5 independent monarchist counties. The leader, of each, was the Count-General.
The High Count was just a puppet of all the other aristocrats in the oligarchy; he was just a symbol of unity and the speaker of the legislature, no-one with much power. The cabinet was separate; civilians would be allowed in that. The head was the Prime Minister.

2 Northern counties seceded and formed a republic, but the 3 Southern counties remained in the oligarchist union. The republic (North Beluzia) has a President and a Chancellor.

Because both North and South Beluzia use the same currency, and share similar geo-political interests, they formed a bloc, which is now what Beluzia is. Beluzia is only an economic bloc of countries which use the currency "Beluz"
The bloc has a Chairman and a Minister-General

The Chairman is just there to keep peace between the High Count (South Beluzia) and the President (North Beluzia).
If you look on our nation page, you see 3 heads of state.

The Chairman is just chairman of the bloc. He has no power over the High Count or President. He's directly-elected by citizens of the states in the bloc (regular HoS elections in the game).
The High Count is elected by the Supreme Council of South Beluzia.
The President is elected by the North Beluz Senate.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:52 am

Afrocentric wrote:
EEL123 wrote:
Kubrick wrote:I'd love to hear some suggestions for the HOS that fit a federal republic and it's history (fascist/monarchist/lots of republics (like France)).
Governor-General suggests monarchist overtones. But it also suggests federalism, in that there are individual Governors of regions, and a federal Governor-General.

I actually like the term "Governor-General". It sounds less bland and it doesn't have to always be used in conjunction with Monarchies.

What if North Beluzia invaded Rutania and somehow won? Maybe even through corrupt officials within the Rutanian government who would promote a Rutanian surrender. The new Rutania could be the "Imperial Republic of Rutania"
Rutania would then have more Japanese in its culture.
Each region could be a "Prefecture"
Instead of a Governor, each would have a "Prefect"
The HoS would be the "Prefect-General"

The HoG can be Prime Minister, Minister-General, Minister-President, President, or something else.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:06 am

Japan is covered by Sekowo and Hulstria/Gao-Soto. We need more Central Asian, Southeast Asian, and African countreis.

Oh, I doubt Farsun and other North Artanian players would allow Rutanian to go Japanese without being bombarded with messages about denying its German heritage.
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:30 am

Liu Che/Zhuli wrote:Japan is covered by Sekowo and Hulstria/Gao-Soto. We need more Central Asian, Southeast Asian, and African countreis.

Well, one of those countries can try the Prefect & Prefecture thing.

Liu Che/Zhuli wrote:Oh, I doubt Farsun and other North Artanian players would allow Rutanian to go Japanese without being bombarded with messages about denying its German heritage.

Rutania has what heritage?
It is bland. I didn't even realise it had a culture. It's flag (the last time I checked, hoping it hasn't changed) looks more East Asian than German.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:48 am

Siggon Kristov wrote:
Liu Che/Zhuli wrote:Japan is covered by Sekowo and Hulstria/Gao-Soto. We need more Central Asian, Southeast Asian, and African countreis.

Well, one of those countries can try the Prefect & Prefecture thing.

Liu Che/Zhuli wrote:Oh, I doubt Farsun and other North Artanian players would allow Rutanian to go Japanese without being bombarded with messages about denying its German heritage.

Rutania has what heritage?
It is bland. I didn't even realise it had a culture. It's flag (the last time I checked, hoping it hasn't changed) looks more East Asian than German.

I think Sekowo has that, or something like it. Prefecture is just a title for a state. For Indrala, a prefecture is below the county level, which is below the provincial level.

I believe Rutania had a Benelux type culture, at least when I originally joined, they appeared Dutchy. I think the flag is just one of the first ones used. They can always change it. I'm not exactly sure how an East Asian culture would fit for Rutania. We already have Korea (parts of Dranland and Tukarali), Japan (Gao-Soto and Sekowo and Tukarali), China (Indrala), Vietnam (Kimlien), Mongolia (Kalistan and Tukarali), and Singapore (Tukarali).
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby EEL123 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:09 am

Yeah, sticking a Japanese culture in Western Europey Artania is incongruous. It's like the Japs suddenly took over Belgium.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Afrocentric » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:53 pm

From what I could gather on the wiki, Rutania is German and has a small minority of Gao-Showa people because it neighbors Beluzia. As for the flag, I can't find one that I like so, for the time being it will stay the way it is.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby JuliaAJA » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:42 pm

Cildania is currently using Head of State and Head of Government in Phoenician, Welsh, Hebrew, and English. Such titles as Head of State and Head of Government are what happens when a nation is being jointly run by members of the ATR and IML.

During one of my visits to Talmoria I established a three tiered chiefdom under the Caliphate. The nation was a High Chiefdom, the regions were Middle Chiefdoms, and the cities were Low Chiefdoms.

EEL123 wrote:How is it possible for a discussion on government titles to suddenly degenerate into two concurrent ones about the Dark Ages and about art? This is nuts.

It may be nuts but it is also a Particracy tradition.
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

PreviousNext

Return to General