We need less Presidents and Prime Ministers!

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: We need less Presidents and Prime Ministers!

Postby Afrocentric » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:52 pm

But seriously, I agree that we need more originality in Particracy, not just with the titles. There are so many generic republics, that it gets boring after awhile. At least if you're going to be a generic republic, do something that sets you apart from the rest.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby SelucianCrusader » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:18 pm

Afrocentric wrote:But seriously, I agree that we need more originality in Particracy, not just with the titles. There are so many generic republics, that it gets boring after awhile. At least if you're going to be a generic republic, do something that sets you apart from the rest.
Precisely. Just look as the new Kalopia. "Federal republic", and the national motto is the same as the IRL American one. Couldn't they have named it "Republican Dominion of Kalopia" or something, just to add some diversity?

Jalal Al-e-Ahmad wrote:You are preaching to the choir, my Crusading Comrade.
I've always had a powerful hatred for boring titles like President and Prime Minister.
And I've always hated "Republics," and the push for hyper-realistic titles and nations.

In Al'Badara, there used to be a player that insisted we have a President and Prime Minister, despite our culture and language and all that jazz.
It got me so huffy, I mockingly proposed this bill:
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=355280

I agree though, and there is another forum post somewhere that expresses this same sentiment.
In naming our Governments and Titles, we can be as creative as we want, and we should be. A prime example of doing this well would be Malivia.

Well done, dear Comrade! :mrgreen: Hope it taught him some kind of lesson.
SelucianCrusader

Postby Mr.Yankees » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:34 am

Though I understand the calls to be more creative, what's wrong with using the terms President and Prime Minister? Let's not forget that most nations in the real world use some version of President or Prime Minister. We are not actually outside of the "real life" norm here.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby LukasV » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:51 am

I think that the point here is to get creative. Let's be honest, we can make this place so much more interesting than the real world of Presidents and Prime Ministers (or Premiers, if you will). Why else would Valruzia be an Empire again? :D
Get All That You Deserve In This World

Free Speech Fundamentalist
Classical Liberal/Libertarian
A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

"You believe you have dominion
So you force your lame opinions on me
And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby EEL123 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:17 am

OK, this is weird. This is the second time today that I've attributed the quote to the wrong person somehow, and it's never happened before within my memory.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Farsun » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:52 pm

Speaking to this, I usually investigate parties that involve themselves with the culture of the nation and I can already see that Kalopia has fallen to a generic-regime and they have all but trampled on the Hellenic-culture of Kalopia.

Case and point: http://classic.particracy.net/viewnatio ... ationid=44
Party attempting to use the culture: http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=18496
Attempt to get cultural bill passed: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=365150
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Jalal Al-e-Ahmad » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:14 pm

I've also been watching my former-ally turned power-vacuum, the Federated States of Kalopia lately, and it is suffering from No-Old-Players Syndrome.
Everyone there is a new party, the previous government was an evil-for-the-sake-of-evil dictatorship, and these new guys are having fun tearing it down and building something for themselves. The problem is, what they're building is boring. Also, it isn't very Greek.

And the majority party has no description. Though the HoS party is interesting (it supports gag rule, presumably about Dictatorship laws returning) he's proposed "House of Representatives" as the legislative body. And that flag... (Are those MS Paint stars?)

Anyway, my hats off to Patrio̱tikí̱ Symmachía, as well as the Young Knights of St.George, for keeping with and pushing forth the cultural side of things. No need for Kalopia not to be a Federated Republic with Executive Presidency or whatever, but why not add that Greek influence to it? With all that history, there isn't a better title for the new democratic Greek-culture legislature than "House of Representatives?"
What you aspire to as revolutionaries is a new master. You will get one. - Jacques Lacan
Jalal Al-e-Ahmad

Postby Afrocentric » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:18 pm

That's exactly why some nations need to be culturally locked. There was nothing wrong with the Hellanic culture of Kalopia. In fact, it made the country 20% cooler.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby Farsun » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:21 pm

Does it have cultural protocols? We might able to bring it to moderation and they can PM parties there to inform them.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby LukasV » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:28 pm

On a not unrelated note, we can't culture lock countries completely. Istalia is one large example of taking things too far. They don't even provide English translations to their stuff anymore.
Get All That You Deserve In This World

Free Speech Fundamentalist
Classical Liberal/Libertarian
A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

"You believe you have dominion
So you force your lame opinions on me
And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

PreviousNext

Return to General