We need less Presidents and Prime Ministers!

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: We need less Presidents and Prime Ministers!

Postby EEL123 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:55 pm

Jessaveryja wrote:
EEL123 wrote:How is it possible for a discussion on government titles to suddenly degenerate into two concurrent ones about the Dark Ages and about art? This is nuts.
It may be nuts but it is also a Particracy tradition.
Yes, we all know that.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Afrocentric » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:05 pm

We can't help it. We have the attention span of a 4 year old.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby meisme » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:13 pm

Afrocentric wrote:We can't help it. We have the attention span of a 4 year old.

Hear Hear.
meisme

Location: Being taken to the gates of Valhalla, all shiny and chrome

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:00 pm

SelucianCrusader wrote:To many countries call their HoS "President" and their HoG "Prime minister". Frankly I think it's dull, and a bit sad, it limits creativity and makes many countries look like generic English-speaking republics.

In Barmenia, were we have recently introduced a heredity monarchy, we call our combined HoS/HoG "Potentate". Other replacements for President could be "Consul" (that's a really fine one), "Chancellor", "Tribune", "Director General", "Administrator", "Steward", "Lord/Lady", "Guardian", "Warden", "Governor", "Jarl", "Vizier", "Grand Magister/Magistrix", "Doux" etc. etc. etc. Why does it in so many cases have to be "President", followed by a "Prime minister". Use your imagination and we'll get a lot more cultural activity, and excellent opportunities for RP.

And why does everyone needs to even have a HoG in a republic? The two posts are better merged together.

This is why Lodamun can't have nice things... http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=388167

I make a proposal where we would be Particracy's first official parliamentary republic (where there is an HoG elected by the parliament, and no HoS, so either the legislature or the HoG takes over HoS duties). Someone jumps up and says that he'll only tolerate 2 systems:
1) A directly-elected President as HoS, and a Prime Minister as HoG elected by the legislature
2) A directly-elected President who is both HoS and HoG

Both these systems, in my opinion, are overused. If the HoS and HoG are the same person, does the title have to be President? We have the ability to be creative, yet all we can do is rip off existing concepts.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby SelucianCrusader » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:21 pm

I'm on Siggon's side here. Lodamun needs creativity - it hasn't even got a properly define cultural character (however, to be fair, that could be said about much of northern Seleya). Maybe you should make up you own conlang or something (or use Lojban - with tengwar script). :D
SelucianCrusader

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:42 am

J94CK wrote:
SelucianCrusader wrote:I'm on Siggon's side here. Lodamun needs creativity - it hasn't even got a properly define cultural character (however, to be fair, that could be said about much of northern Seleya). Maybe you should make up you own conlang or something (or use Lojban - with tengwar script). :D

I've heard on numerous occasions that its based on the United States. Just because its titles are in English does not mean it has no character.

It's based on the USA in terms of it supposed to be being the trade center of the world, and heavily interventionist in foreign affairs. It doesn't mean we need the exact same internal setup, or that we need to copy the USA completely. We have room to be creative. Being creative means to "create" - not to copy everything you see and pretend it's exciting and new.

By the way... The US has a black President.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Afrocentric » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:46 am

Siggon Kristov wrote:
J94CK wrote:
SelucianCrusader wrote:I'm on Siggon's side here. Lodamun needs creativity - it hasn't even got a properly define cultural character (however, to be fair, that could be said about much of northern Seleya). Maybe you should make up you own conlang or something (or use Lojban - with tengwar script). :D

I've heard on numerous occasions that its based on the United States. Just because its titles are in English does not mean it has no character.

It's based on the USA in terms of it supposed to be being the trade center of the world, and heavily interventionist in foreign affairs. It doesn't mean we need the exact same internal setup, or that we need to copy the USA completely. We have room to be creative. Being creative means to "create" - not to copy everything you see and pretend it's exciting and new.

By the way... The US has a black President.

My President is black, my Lambo's blue, and I'll be god damn if my rims aint too.

Afrocentric

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:01 am

Afrocentric wrote:My President is black, my Lambo's blue, and I'll be god damn if my rims aint too.

Well Jack wants a more American system, but he doesn't want a black HoS.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:42 pm

Still, in keeping with the topic of this thread...

I don't see the sense in turning Lodamun into another bland federal republic with a directly-elected President who either serves as both HoS & HoG, or serves as HoS with a Prime Minister as HoG.

And if you want such an American federal system, the President still wouldn't be directly elected by popular vote. The President would be elected by the states through an electoral college, like what was done in Beluzia for the High Count in the last few decades of that system.

If you don't like the titles of "Prince" and "President" - I suggested a bill to get rid of the Prince, but you complained that you don't want a blank HoS. If you don't want a blank HoS, the current system should be good enough for you; it has an HoS.

I think a system with a parliament-elected President is much more interesting, especially for a nation with more than just 2 parties. It would work great in Dranland, since direct elections are so narrow. It would put more importance on a party's seats. There could be a change of government between legislative elections, just like what has happened in Israel sometimes. When there is a President + PM, the PM is overshadowed, or the President usually doesn't serve a purpose. When there is just a directly-elected President as HoS and HoG, it gives 1 player an advantage over all others until the next election (since that player has to be in the cabinet). When there is a President as HoG, elected by the parliament (like in Lodamun), coalitions matter much more, and there is so much room for RP. If we remove the HoS entirely, with the Alt + 255 trick, we have a parliament-elected President who serves as both HoS and HoG.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Afrocentric » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:51 pm

You know P2 had an electoral college option, which I was using in Sogona. I wonder if it could be coded into this game.

Afrocentric

PreviousNext

Return to General