Particracy, STAHP

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Particracy, STAHP

Postby Afrocentric » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:34 pm

Afrocentric wrote:Would that mean everything would have to be in Dundorfian? I would have to change the language and the titles as well?

Farsun wrote:More or less, yes.

So would it be an instant shift or would it be gradual over a period of time?

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby Farsun » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:12 pm

Afrocentric wrote:
Afrocentric wrote:Would that mean everything would have to be in Dundorfian? I would have to change the language and the titles as well?

Farsun wrote:More or less, yes.

So would it be an instant shift or would it be gradual over a period of time?

Well, seeing as prior to becoming culturally inactive and dormant, it could be instant or at least the culture of the nation could be written while players adjust and attune to the change.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Sir Thomas Hill » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:21 am

Solentia has been a Federal Republic for a thousand years and only recently we've recognised that by renaming ourselves; Millennial Republic.
We've been criticised by new players over the years for being boring and mundane yet we've maintained it all as part of our heritage. Our heritage coalition seeks to defend the traditons. We have a stronger than average Executive branch in the Supreme President. But we've also blended other interesting RP twists. We've had nobilities called the "social incentive", we've had temporary monarchies, we've had a Dual Governance crisis, whereby we had two States acting simultaneously, we've had Lord Protectors, a Federal Church and a wealth of disctinctive ideologies.

The title of a nation alone does not credit the true value of their RPing community. :)
Alliance Rose of Kanjor [Active]
The Unionists of Solentia [Inactive]
Game/Discord Username: Gobbleke
Sir Thomas Hill

Postby LukasV » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:11 pm

Sir Thomas Hill wrote:Solentia has been a Federal Republic for a thousand years and only recently we've recognised that by renaming ourselves; Millennial Republic.
We've been criticised by new players over the years for being boring and mundane yet we've maintained it all as part of our heritage. Our heritage coalition seeks to defend the traditons. We have a stronger than average Executive branch in the Supreme President. But we've also blended other interesting RP twists. We've had nobilities called the "social incentive", we've had temporary monarchies, we've had a Dual Governance crisis, whereby we had two States acting simultaneously, we've had Lord Protectors, a Federal Church and a wealth of disctinctive ideologies.

The title of a nation alone does not credit the true value of their RPing community. :)

I think what I'm trying to say is that people are taking nations and making them into a boring, typical Republic structure, just out of the blue. This is what happened with Zardugal. This is what happened with Dranland. Hmmm, I'm starting to see a trend.
Get All That You Deserve In This World

Free Speech Fundamentalist
Classical Liberal/Libertarian
A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

"You believe you have dominion
So you force your lame opinions on me
And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby Aquinas » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:54 am

I have a personal fondness for (low-key, "constitutional") monarchies, but I don't see how a republic should necessarily be any less interesting than a Kingdom.
Aquinas

Postby Siggon Kristov » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:41 am

Aquinas wrote:I have a personal fondness for (low-key, "constitutional") monarchies, but I don't see how a republic should necessarily be any less interesting than a Kingdom.

Both have their typical and boring aspects. There are bland monarchies and bland republics; both exist in the game.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Afrocentric » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:58 am

You know, there are some people on here who claim that nations are boring, yet when we have a nations like Barmenia, which isn't the least bit of boring and is actually original, they get knocked down for being to unrealistic. So which do you want? You claim you want an end to boring republics, yet you bitch and moan when it's not realistic; make up your freaking mind!

/rant

Afrocentric

Postby Farsun » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:48 am

Afrocentric wrote:You know, there are some people on here who claim that nations are boring, yet when we have a nations like Barmenia, which isn't the least bit of boring and is actually original, they get knocked down for being to unrealistic. So which do you want? You claim you want an end to boring republics, yet you bitch and moan when it's not realistic; make up your freaking mind!

/rant

Realistic and not boring? I think that's feasible.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Siggon Kristov » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:54 am

I still love Barmenia.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Afrocentric » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:29 am

Farsun wrote:
Afrocentric wrote:You know, there are some people on here who claim that nations are boring, yet when we have a nations like Barmenia, which isn't the least bit of boring and is actually original, they get knocked down for being to unrealistic. So which do you want? You claim you want an end to boring republics, yet you bitch and moan when it's not realistic; make up your freaking mind!

/rant

Realistic and not boring? I think that's feasible.

Got any proof? We have realistic nations in the game, and most of them are boring.

Afrocentric

PreviousNext

Return to General