I had a dream..

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: I had a dream..

Postby Farsun » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:25 pm

SelucianCrusader wrote:No matter how much I love being a catholic IRL, you can't say worshipping cats is less "unrealistic" than praying to angels, which I do myself from time to time. Or just take the entire Hindu religion.

If anything, Hulstria under Mr. Bean felt unrealistic, with it's 19'th century inspiration and style in a game that was supposed to resemble the modern day world. Taking your reasoning to it's logical end, one could argue that the entire IML should be banned from the game, as a military alliance based solely on the idea of protecting constitutional monarchy feels unrealistic in today's modern world.

If we use your theory, then taking an ancient cat worshiping from around oh what the 32nd century BC would be highly unrealistic. Thus your argument is unfortunately invalid because that same logic could be applied. This constant crusading against the IML does two things, alienates new players and makes you look like a little...off the deep end to put it nicely.

As for your love of the IML and it's realistic-ness. Not entirely, there are organizations within dozens of nations wish to protect their constitutional monarchy or restore one. The same could be said for the ATR, a organizations of nations which dispatches people to other nations in an attempt to subvert whatever government they have because they just don't agree with it. I can see that you might have a more valid argument for the IML being slightly unbelievable in the real world but then again...nation raiding doesn't happen often in the real world does it?
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby SelucianCrusader » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:40 pm

Farsun wrote:If we use your theory, then taking an ancient cat worshiping from around oh what the 32nd century BC would be highly unrealistic. Thus your argument is unfortunately invalid because that same logic could be applied.
The worship of animals is a real world concept. If hindus can marry cobras, then sure as hell we can worship cats here.

Farsun wrote:This constant crusading against the IML does two things, alienates new players and makes you look like a little...off the deep end to put it nicely.
The IML is what alienates new players, it was created to protect a few old players "rights" to certain countries, the status quo. Just look at Bean's immature behaviour when new ideas were implemented in his country, and the guy used to be a mod? :shock: I'd rather say the behaviour of many of these IML-oldies who have left us this year shows of an attitude that scares new players with innovative ideas away.

Farsun wrote:As for your love of the IML and it's realistic-ness. Not entirely, there are organizations within dozens of nations wish to protect their constitutional monarchy or restore one.
Yeah, I'm a member of one myself. It's called Rojalistiska föreningen here in Sweden and guess what, it's not a military alliance.

Farsun wrote:but then again...nation raiding doesn't happen often in the real world does it?
I'd see it as the closest equivalent of IRL coup d'etats and espionage we have in the game.
SelucianCrusader

Postby Farsun » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:48 pm

SelucianCrusader wrote:The worship of animals is a real world concept. If hindus can marry cobras, then sure as hell we can worship cats here.

I never said it wasn't a real concept, I said it was unrealistic because players agreed that something such as that would be kept minor as to not make players think the game of a joke. Hey, if that's the case. Fine.

SelucianCrusader wrote:The IML is what alienates new players, it was created to protect a few old players "rights" to certain countries, the status quo. Just look at Bean's immature behaviour when new ideas were implemented in his country, and the guy used to be a mod? :shock: I'd rather say the behaviour of many of these IML-oldies who have left us this year shows of an attitude that scares new players with innovative ideas away.

That's somewhat laughable. Most of the IML players that you bash constantly, have dedicated more time and effort to game than you probably ever will. You are content with ripping down someones nation, regardless if it's a republic or a monarchy because you have this notion that they are the old guard and they are stopping new players from coming up with new ideas. I'm sorry but I've gone to plenty of nations with these "old guards" and they've been nothing but helpful to me and trust me, I'm usually playing a party that wants to tear down everything they created.

So, for you to come in and state these players are destroying the game is just entirely false. Both the ATR and IML are dead, put your wow-inspired scarlet crusade to rest and just enjoy instead of seeking to destroy the enjoyment of others okay?

SelucianCrusader wrote:Yeah, I'm a member of one myself. It's called Rojalistiska föreningen here in Sweden and guess what, it's not a military alliance.

Ironic that a monarchist wants to see monarchies torn down?

SelucianCrusader wrote:I'd see it as the closest equivalent of IRL coup d'etats and espionage we have in the game.

That's difficult to argue when it's a group of nations who discuss it and plan it because they don't like that the government there isn't too fond of it's beliefs.
Farsun

Postby Aquinas » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:01 pm

How did my filling Barmenia with pussy cats affect Farsun in Dorvik so much?

I've never quite understood why people get so worked up about Barmenia! It is just one nation out of dozens. The other thing I don't get is why the same people who moan about "generic nations" complain so loudly about one of the least generic nations of all.
Aquinas

Postby Zanz » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:01 pm

SelucianCrusader wrote:The IML is what alienates new players, it was created to protect a few old players "rights" to certain countries, the status quo. Just look at Bean's immature behaviour when new ideas were implemented in his country, and the guy used to be a mod? :shock: I'd rather say the behaviour of many of these IML-oldies who have left us this year shows of an attitude that scares new players with innovative ideas away.

Farsun wrote:As for your love of the IML and it's realistic-ness. Not entirely, there are organizations within dozens of nations wish to protect their constitutional monarchy or restore one.
Yeah, I'm a member of one myself. It's called Rojalistiska föreningen here in Sweden and guess what, it's not a military alliance.

I, quite frankly, do not understand your continuing hatred and vitriol against the IML, SelucianCrusader. I will start my post by first stating that over my roughly 5 years in Particracy, I have actively participated (in varying forms) in both the ATR and the IML. You have, for ages, sat and spewed bile at the IML. If you see Bean's frustrated exit from the game as a victory (you do), I see it as sad. That was an example of a person being driven away primarily by your doing, and you continue to parade it as a high point in your career. This needs to stop. No matter who it is, a player leaving the game in frustration is not going to help the game as a whole, and we need to drop that line of thinking here and now. I don't care how much you hated him or what he stood for. Leave it alone and have a little respect for him as a person.

As for the ATR and the IML specifically, come on. Both groups are dead. Just because you post in the ATR nastily with cat party and Siggon, bashing the mods and the "IML conspiracy" doesn't mean that there is any more truth to your arguments. The IML sits quietly, useless. It has not functioned as a military alliance for ages and will not again. You can mark my words. The ATR is the same way. No one cares. It literally is you, cat party, Siggon, and the Grand National Party or whatever from Keymon talking about some ATR meeting that will never happen and wouldn't matter if it did.

The rhetoric coming out of the ATR is unfounded and damaging. The IML has damaged Particracy too, yes, but the damages done by them are primarily healed now (OFTEN BY THE "IML" MODERATION). The colonies have been split up and they're OOCly useless for RP. Monarchs can no longer just pick up old characters without permission. What more do you want? Monarchies banned? You come off as nuts when you continue to complain about issues that are no longer relevant to the game.

Let's move on. And let's let Bean rest in peace. In all his time as a moderator, I rarely took issue with Bean, and I think that few really did. Let him sit in the respect that he deserves for 99% of his time here rather than destroy his reputation based on the 1% of frustration that we saw following his fall.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby Farsun » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:05 pm

Zanz wrote:

I, quite frankly, do not understand your continuing hatred and vitriol against the IML, SelucianCrusader. I will start my post by first stating that over my roughly 5 years in Particracy, I have actively participated (in varying forms) in both the ATR and the IML. You have, for ages, sat and spewed bile at the IML. If you see Bean's frustrated exit from the game as a victory (you do), I see it as sad. That was an example of a person being driven away primarily by your doing, and you continue to parade it as a high point in your career. This needs to stop. No matter who it is, a player leaving the game in frustration is not going to help the game as a whole, and we need to drop that line of thinking here and now. I don't care how much you hated him or what he stood for. Leave it alone and have a little respect for him as a person.

As for the ATR and the IML specifically, come on. Both groups are dead. Just because you post in the ATR nastily with cat party and Siggon, bashing the mods and the "IML conspiracy" doesn't mean that there is any more truth to your arguments. The IML sits quietly, useless. It has not functioned as a military alliance for ages and will not again. You can mark my words. The ATR is the same way. No one cares. It literally is you, cat party, Siggon, and the Grand National Party or whatever from Keymon talking about some ATR meeting that will never happen and wouldn't matter if it did.

The rhetoric coming out of the ATR is unfounded and damaging. The IML has damaged Particracy too, yes, but the damages done by them are primarily healed now (OFTEN BY THE "IML" MODERATION). The colonies have been split up and they're OOCly useless for RP. Monarchs can no longer just pick up old characters without permission. What more do you want? Monarchies banned? You come off as nuts when you continue to complain about issues that are no longer relevant to the game.

Let's move on. And let's let Bean rest in peace. In all his time as a moderator, I rarely took issue with Bean, and I think that few really did. Let him sit in the respect that he deserves for 99% of his time here rather than destroy his reputation based on the 1% of frustration that we saw following his fall.

QFE.
Farsun

Postby Afrocentric » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:13 pm

Zanz wrote:I, quite frankly, do not understand your continuing hatred and vitriol against the IML, SelucianCrusader. I will start my post by first stating that over my roughly 5 years in Particracy, I have actively participated (in varying forms) in both the ATR and the IML. You have, for ages, sat and spewed bile at the IML. If you see Bean's frustrated exit from the game as a victory (you do), I see it as sad. That was an example of a person being driven away primarily by your doing, and you continue to parade it as a high point in your career. This needs to stop. No matter who it is, a player leaving the game in frustration is not going to help the game as a whole, and we need to drop that line of thinking here and now. I don't care how much you hated him or what he stood for. Leave it alone and have a little respect for him as a person.

Post of the Year

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby LNRulez01 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:50 am

Zanz wrote:

Hear, hear. Well said, i couldnt agree more.
- It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal,engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Sun Tzu, 6th century BC
LNRulez01

Postby Duke Matthus » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:16 am

Zanz wrote:

As one of those old guards and a leader who served in the IML Leadership longer than all but two other players (both who have sadly now left) I sadly admit the IML is dead from its old past.

Bean and others from the organization were Mods, many of them were actually Axis Alliance Leadership. They all served us well, and while I had many arguements with them (haha Darvian and I argued non-stop for weeks over some topics..miss that old man) they all made great contributions to this game. Bean's wiki is still fun to read, for the guy really did love making up the history and expanding the detail of its culture.

Zanz I thank you for your post. As Afrocentric has stated (and I have been reading as many old post over this year trying to catch up on what has happened) it really is the Post of the Year.
Long Live the Empire!!!!
And while we are at it, "Hail the Holy Britannian Empire!!!!!"
Duke Matthus

Postby catparty » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:27 am

Zanz wrote:

First of all Zanz, who is "bashing the mods"? There is criticism of past moderator regimes, out of concern that the appointment of non-neutral moderators (or an IMLer without an ATRer for balance) would be in my opinion "bad for Democratic-Republican players". That is a rational thing for a group of Democratic-Republican players to be concerned about. It certainly isn't bashing the current moderators.

If there was a risk of the moderation regime being pro-ATR it would be similarly valid for the IML to address it as well.
Libertarian Alliance of Cats
Feline Homeland of Barmenia

Progressive Party
Realms of Luthori
catparty

PreviousNext

Return to General