Ahmadism Development Project

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Queranzariah and Abadism Development Project

Postby Farsun » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:16 pm

Sir Thomas Hill wrote:I've always used the Queranzariah, as a way of refering to them.

Solentia's Queranzariah communities have always been referenced and I, for one, have often used Queranzariah characters as Supreme Presidents etc.
At the moment, my party is a Coalition between the Unionists and the Majatran Nationalists, who are mainly Queranzariah. Generally, though, I am in a minority. That said, it is my aim over the next period to get Queranzariah growing again in Solentia. :)

In theory, Solentia should have a large population of Majatrans because it's in a pretty good spot to have immigration ya know? Plus the numerous efforts in Jakania from Ba'athist and Querazist parties. And Kafuristan. And Istalia.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Sir Thomas Hill » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:34 pm

Well I've tried making that case before but the cultural protocols were designed to keep a broad range of our players happy, especially our four major veterans.
Still, hopefully I can help a consensus grow on it over the next century or so :p
Alliance Rose of Kanjor [Active]
The Unionists of Solentia [Inactive]
Game/Discord Username: Gobbleke
Sir Thomas Hill

Postby Farsun » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:36 pm

Well, from how I understand the protocols to work if theres a realistic reason for a new population to enter or grow, it's feasible to revise the cultural protocols and if you RP it that your party is avidly seeking to "Majatranize" Solentia, it could work out well for multiple reasons and include some really awesome RP elements.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Zanz » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:39 pm

Sir Thomas Hill wrote:Well I've tried making that case before but the cultural protocols were designed to keep a broad range of our players happy, especially our four major veterans.
Still, hopefully I can help a consensus grow on it over the next century or so :p

As one of "the four," and as the actual author of the Cultural Protocol that passed, I am not opposed to a Majatranization of Solentia. I don't advocate for it to overcome the nation completely, as that has never been Solentia, but we ought to embrace more of the Majatran culture than we have. As Farsun stated, so long as you RP it well, my understanding of the Cultural Protocols is that what you're doing is certainly allowed.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby Sir Thomas Hill » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:47 pm

Definitely and I think the fact you balanced the Majatran and the FIP-led stricter "american-esque" parts of Solentian heritage worked well. I'm looking forward to working on it. :)
Alliance Rose of Kanjor [Active]
The Unionists of Solentia [Inactive]
Game/Discord Username: Gobbleke
Sir Thomas Hill

Postby Zanz » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:19 am

Out of curiosity since I'm now playing a Queranzariah party in Solentia:

To those of you who do translation/transliteration of Arabic-English, do you have any tips on it for those of us with no background in Arabic? Any good sites?

ALSO

Has any Arabic spelling for "Queranz," "Queranzariah," etc. been decided upon? If so, can someone let me know what it is? And a list of placenames in Arabic would be useful too, since Google Translate cannot handle stuff like "Solentia."
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby soysauce » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:02 pm

Does Akim mean "God" or is it simply the name of the deity?
soysauce

Postby meisme » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:43 pm

soysauce wrote:Does Akim mean "God" or is it simply the name of the deity?

It's the name, I believe. Akim=Allah in this game. What it means IRL, I don't know if it even does.
meisme

Location: Being taken to the gates of Valhalla, all shiny and chrome

Postby soysauce » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:19 pm

J94CK wrote:
meisme wrote:
soysauce wrote:Does Akim mean "God" or is it simply the name of the deity?

It's the name, I believe. Akim=Allah in this game. What it means IRL, I don't know if it even does.

See, so 'Inshallah Party' isn't a brilliant name for a party, even if 'Allah' does just mean 'god'.

If Allah still meant god in the game then it would mean "Will of God" party which is still appropriate,

"Akim" itself cannot replace "Allah" as the word for god as it is not a noun, it is also a derivation of "Allah" as it means "god will establish" although that probably doesn't matter.

Can we clarify whether "Akim" means "god", replacing "Allah" (which would impact a lot of the Arabic language) or if it is simply the name of the God?

If it is the former then Jack would be right in saying that my name is inaccurate,
soysauce

Postby Amazeroth » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:44 pm

soysauce wrote:
J94CK wrote:
meisme wrote:It's the name, I believe. Akim=Allah in this game. What it means IRL, I don't know if it even does.

See, so 'Inshallah Party' isn't a brilliant name for a party, even if 'Allah' does just mean 'god'.

If Allah still meant god in the game then it would mean "Will of God" party which is still appropriate,

"Akim" itself cannot replace "Allah" as the word for god as it is not a noun, it is also a derivation of "Allah" as it means "god will establish" although that probably doesn't matter.

Can we clarify whether "Akim" means "god", replacing "Allah" (which would impact a lot of the Arabic language) or if it is simply the name of the God?

If it is the former then Jack would be right in saying that my name is inaccurate,

For the sake of simplicity I'd be for "Akim" just being the "individual" name of the Queranzariah god, and "Allah" just meaning "god" in general.
Eines Tages traf Karl der Große eine alte Frau.
"Guten Tag, alte Frau", sagte Karl der Große.
"Guten Tag, Karl der Große", sagte die alte Frau.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

PreviousNext

Return to General