Ahmadism Development Project

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Queranzariah and Abadism Development Project

Postby Polites » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:00 pm

LNRulez01 wrote:So i was just thinking we need a name for the combination of both Queranzariah and Abadism, like Islam is for the Sunni and Shia.

How about Ahmadism or some variation thereof, as was suggested here:
Polites wrote:Considering that the Prophet's name has been accepted to be Ahmad, then how about we use "Ahmadis" as the neutral word covering both religions, and "Ahmadites" as the antiquated and slightly offensive version?
Polites

Postby LNRulez01 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:12 pm

Polites wrote:
LNRulez01 wrote:So i was just thinking we need a name for the combination of both Queranzariah and Abadism, like Islam is for the Sunni and Shia.

How about Ahmadism or some variation thereof, as was suggested here:
Polites wrote:Considering that the Prophet's name has been accepted to be Ahmad, then how about we use "Ahmadis" as the neutral word covering both religions, and "Ahmadites" as the antiquated and slightly offensive version?

Sounds good to me.
- It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal,engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Sun Tzu, 6th century BC
LNRulez01

Postby Farsun » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:49 pm

http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Majatr ... eranzariah

Perhaps that is something that we could develop?
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Polites » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:46 pm

LNRulez01 wrote:Sounds good to me.

In that case, would it be ok rule-wise to call the entire religion Ahmadiyya (أحمدية‎)? Although Ahmadiyya is the name of a RL religious group, it is derived from Arabic name Ahmad, i.e. Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, the group's founder. Apart from the name (which is after all derived from a quite common Arabic first name), there is little else the two Ahmadiyyas would have in common.

So if this gets okayed by Moderation, there should be a wiki page for the entire religion, apart from the wikis for the two branches.
Polites

Postby Farsun » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:06 pm

SOOO for sake of simplicity?

Islam = Ahmadism (in Arabic/Majatran = Ahmadiyya (أحمدية‎))
Muslim = Ahmadites
Sunni = Queranzariah
Shi'a = Abadi

Also, I like the change. It suits it well.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Polites » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:20 am

Farsun wrote:SOOO for sake of simplicity?

Islam = Ahmadism (in Arabic/Majatran = Ahmadiyya (أحمدية‎))
Muslim = Ahmadites
Sunni = Queranzariah
Shi'a = Abadi

Also, I like the change. It suits it well.

Yep, this is accurate.

Here's the (far from completed) wiki page: http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Ahmadism. For the history section, I just copied what Emunim wrote in this thread, just replacing "Islam" with "Ahmadism". I am not entirely sure about the symbol, as it is a calligraphic representation of the word "Allah" and not "Akim".
Polites

Postby Polites » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:45 pm

Ok, so this has been bugging me for some time now. The word "Queranzariah" doesn't work with Arabic or Jelbic, so it definitely needs to be changed; the reason that hasn't happened yet I think is that the word was often used after the religon retcon as a synonym for Islam. But now that "Ahmadism" and related words have taken that role, we should find a replacement.

What I was thinking is calling it the equivalent of "monotheism" in those languages, so basically Isràía or Tawhidiyya, Anglicized as Israism (adj. isràsrlji = Israist). This would make sense as a result of this branch's opposition to Abadi worship of the Holy Spirits, which would be seen as dangerously close to shirk (polytheism).

Any thoughts on that?
Polites

Postby Polites » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:06 pm

Polites wrote:Ok, so this has been bugging me for some time now. The word "Queranzariah" doesn't work with Arabic or Jelbic, so it definitely needs to be changed; the reason that hasn't happened yet I think is that the word was often used after the religon retcon as a synonym for Islam. But now that "Ahmadism" and related words have taken that role, we should find a replacement.

What I was thinking is calling it the equivalent of "monotheism" in those languages, so basically Isràía or Tawhidiyya, Anglicized as Israism (adj. isràsrlji = Israist). This would make sense as a result of this branch's opposition to Abadi worship of the Holy Spirits, which would be seen as dangerously close to shirk (polytheism).

Any thoughts on that?

*bump*
Polites

Postby Lizard250 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:56 pm

Shouldn't the Particracy universe have an equivalent of Quranism?
Lizard250

Postby Polites » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:08 pm

Following approval from LNRulez, Queranzariah was renamed as Israism.

Lizard250 wrote:Shouldn't the Particracy universe have an equivalent of Quranism?

I don't think that would really be necessary, as nothing of that kind has shown up in RP, to my knowledge. We needn't carbon-copy RL religions anyway. But if you feel that that would be a reasonable addition to the game, feel free to create it yourself.
Polites

PreviousNext

Return to General