Ahmadism Development Project

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Queranzariah and Abadism Development Project

Postby Emunim » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:36 am

That's fine by me. I also like the idea of having the two Caliphs claiming relation to the Prophet.

Maybe we could have Ahmad being born in Barmenistan and at some point travelling to (as a preacher or a conquerer) and dying in Al'Badara?

I think a Majatran wide Islamic conquest would require too much retconning of other nations historys to work. Maybe Al'Badara could have fought to spread Queranzariah in Kafuristan, Solentia and Quanzar, and I think Barmenistan attempted to invade part of Cildania to spread the faith at one point.

I'm going to have a look through the wikis tomorrow and try to post a rough timeline of dates from it, just to give us an idea of how Queranzariah could have spread.
Emunim

Postby catparty » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:53 am

LNRulez01 wrote:Okay, fine with me, but we really have to figure out what to do with the holy places in Barmenistan because of the Feline take over there.. Now we have to work out the how and when Queranzariah spread through Majatra.

I recommend placing the holy places on the island of Kathuristan (the huge island off of the coast of Arakhim), as a way of explaining why that island remains so Islamic/Islamo-Felinist.

It would also make sense to have early Quranzariah/Islam having given a great reverence to cats. Probably not worshiping cats, but maybe viewing them as the corporeal form of angels. Once Islam moved out of Barmenistan the Muslims elsewhere could have discarded the cat part. (It would also be cool if they retained it. That would help differentiate Queranzariah from real world Islam.)
Libertarian Alliance of Cats
Feline Homeland of Barmenia

Progressive Party
Realms of Luthori
catparty

Postby Polites » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:00 am

LNRulez01 wrote:Okay, fine with me, but we really have to figure out what to do with the holy places in Barmenistan because of the Feline take over there.. Now we have to work out the how and when Queranzariah spread through Majatra.

According to the Catholic Church (ER) wiki, the unity of the Eastern Churches was broken by the Islamic invasions. This seems to imply some sort of Caliphate expansion that spread all the way up to Badara.

This map would show the approximate extent of the Caliphate, without the intermissions I'd assume: http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/File:Islam.PNG

catparty wrote:I recommend placing the holy places on the island of Kathuristan (the huge island off of the coast of Arakhim), as a way of explaining why that island remains so Islamic/Islamo-Felinist.

If Barmenian players agree to that, sure, there should be no problem with having the holy places in Kathuristan. The holy places in Badara could be explained as having something to do with the final days of Ahmad, and with his disciples.

catparty wrote:It would also make sense to have early Quranzariah/Islam having given a great reverence to cats. Probably not worshiping cats, but maybe viewing them as the corporeal form of angels. Once Islam moved out of Barmenistan the Muslims elsewhere could have discarded the cat part. (It would also be cool if they retained it. That would help differentiate Queranzariah from real world Islam.)

No offence to all cat lovers here, but I'd rather not have mainstream religions have anything to do with cats. Instead, Felinism could be retroactively explained as originating from the indigenous, pre-Hosian and pre-Queranzari religion of Barmenistan.
Polites

Postby LNRulez01 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:20 am

Polites wrote:If Barmenian players agree to that, sure, there should be no problem with having the holy places in Kathuristan. The holy places in Badara could be explained as having something to do with the final days of Ahmad, and with his disciples.

No problems with that. We can have several holy places in SE Majatra. Maybe the tombs of the Ahmad's disciples coud be important religious places. In Kafuristan they claim that Ahmad died, ascended to Heaven and is buried in the city of Helem, making it the most important place in Abadism. This does not necessary have to be true because they also claim the prophet Eliyahu is buried in the same city.

Polites wrote:
catparty wrote:It would also make sense to have early Quranzariah/Islam having given a great reverence to cats. Probably not worshiping cats, but maybe viewing them as the corporeal form of angels. Once Islam moved out of Barmenistan the Muslims elsewhere could have discarded the cat part. (It would also be cool if they retained it. That would help differentiate Queranzariah from real world Islam.)

No offence to all cat lovers here, but I'd rather not have mainstream religions have anything to do with cats. Instead, Felinism could be retroactively explained as originating from the indigenous, pre-Hosian and pre-Queranzari religion of Barmenistan.

The idea itselfs is interesting, but i have to agree with Polites.
- It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal,engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Sun Tzu, 6th century BC
LNRulez01

Postby Aquinas » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:50 pm

One little detail to add about Barmenia, Felinism and Islam...

When I set up the Feline Homeland of Barmenia, I had it in mind that Muezza was an important figure for Felinists, especially for Felinists who had converted from Islam or retained large parts of their Islamic beliefs. Muezza is a cat who the Prophet Muhammad, according to legend. deferred to by cutting off part of his robe rather than disturbing her sleep. A Barmenian city is named after Muezza.
Aquinas

Postby Emunim » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:10 pm

How does this sound for a timeline of early events? I've tried to base it on the Badaran and Barmenian history pages as much as possible, but I've had to move some dates around, and it's obviously a very rough and undetailed draft.

~1160: Ahmad is Born in Uthena, Barmenistan
1186: Uthena becomes Terras first Islamic state, with Ahmad at its head
1216: Sisula joins the Islamic state after a rebellion and subsequent invasion
1218: Guided by a vision, Ahmad and a large group of followers/army migrate to/invade Sumilkando, Al'Badara.
Ahmad leaves his brother in charge of the emerging Barmenian state.
Ahmad marries his daughter to a local Sumilkando leader.
1218- 1228: Ahmad converts and/or conquers and unites all of Al'Badara under his rule.
1229: To 'aid' emerging Islamic populations in Kafuristan, Ahmad leads a joint Barmenian and Badaran army in conquest.
1233: Ahmad dies in Kafuristan.
Dispute over Ahmads sucession and infighting between the Al'Badaran Emirs halt/ possibly reverse gains in Kafuristan.

The first split in Islam has it's roots here; Queranzariah tradition holds that the next Caliph should be Ahmads brother, whose successors would become the Bunyamin line. Abadism believes it should have been his son-in-law, the Sultans of Sumilkando who would later form the Al-Majali line.

1234: Through taking advantage of the divisions in the warring Emirs of Al'Badara, Ahmads brother is able to maintain a position as the most powerful of the post-Ahmad leaders and through this gain recognition as Caliph. The Caliphate is formed and operates with a loose feudal structure.

1234-1440: Period of Islamic unity and growth across Majatra. At various points in this period the Caliphate either ruled over or Islamic minorities modern day Kafuristan, Solentia, Istalia, Jakania, Jelbania, Northern Vanuku and Southern Kalopia. (I'm trying to keep this as non-specific as possible to avoid the need for huge retcons)

1376-1440: Gradual unification of Al'Badara. The Al-Majali family become Sultans of Al'Badara and by the late 15th century are the most powerful rulers in the Caliphate. This caused tension and further disunity within the Caliphate.

1470: Caliph Azi Bünyamin, the last Caliph of all Islam, comes to power.
1492: Barmenistan invades and conquers Murdhild and Ikegaru.
1495: Barmenistan invades and conquers Arakhim and Kathuristan.

1497: Barmenistan invades Ylrith, Cildania, in support of the emerging Islamic population. This unites the rest of Cildania in opposing the invasion. Barmenistan requests Al'Badara aid its invasion, and is refused.

1498: Barmenistan is forced to retreat from Cildania, it's armies and political authority weakened.

1500: Caliph Azi Bünyamin dies and is buried in Kathuristan. The Al-Majali cite old arguments over Ahmads succession to declare himself Caliph in rival to the Bunyamin Caliph, creating the Queranzariah and Abadi split. Subsequently the loosely linked Caliphate break apart into separate states.

I realise I've said Islam about a dozen time as I'm not aware of a particracy word for Islam before the Queranzariah and Abadi split.
Emunim

Postby Zanz » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:28 pm

Regarding "Islam"/Queranzariah in Southern Majatra (Solentia and Quanzar/Istaliana), some work has been done that states that Islam entered the area in the late 1600s and took absolute hold by 1771. This rule took the form of the Kansar Emirate (from which Quanzar's name is derived), which existed from 1771 until 2110, when the last Kansar Emir was dethroned in a communist Istalian revolution. Information can be found here and here.

I am the owner of the modern house of Kansar, and unfortunately did not do much work beyond the history I inherited from Quanzar's various historical players. The modern Kansars maintained their right to a throne in Solentia, but were not accepted there. They fled the nation with many "South Majatran" (Solentian) followers and established their rule in Telamon, which has since been ceded to the Vunts. This cession was one of OOC convenience for me (I could not maintain the line any longer, OOC) but has never really been explained ICly.

In any case, the Kansars converted at some point after 2110 to the Theognosian Church and became stark adherents of that religion. Quanzar followed this trend, though the Kansars themselves did not have much influence there. In Solentia, Queranzariah had some ups and downs. It was outright forbidden (along with all religions) by the Nuncirists, and then became a tool of an Arab (Majatran) communist party that lasted until roughly 2400 when a native spin on christianity (Xzarin Catholicism... Vastly underdeveloped) took hold and the Federal Republic of Solentia was born.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby Farsun » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:04 pm

So, did this ever get anywhere really?

and what do you call someone who believe in Queranzariah...like would it be in comparison to Muslim? and what would be the proper usage in a party name like Islamic Party?
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Zongxian » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:26 am

Farsun wrote:So, did this ever get anywhere really?

and what do you call someone who believe in Queranzariah...like would it be in comparison to Muslim? and what would be the proper usage in a party name like Islamic Party?

When I was in Kafuristan, for people I used any of these terms, depending on context: Queranzi, Queranzist, Queranz people, the Queranzariah. And it terms of party, I'd say it'd be the Queranzist Party.
Zongxian

Postby Sir Thomas Hill » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:37 pm

I've always used the Queranzariah, as a way of refering to them.

Solentia's Queranzariah communities have always been referenced and I, for one, have often used Queranzariah characters as Supreme Presidents etc.
At the moment, my party is a Coalition between the Unionists and the Majatran Nationalists, who are mainly Queranzariah. Generally, though, I am in a minority. That said, it is my aim over the next period to get Queranzariah growing again in Solentia. :)
Alliance Rose of Kanjor [Active]
The Unionists of Solentia [Inactive]
Game/Discord Username: Gobbleke
Sir Thomas Hill

PreviousNext

Return to General