Ahmadism Development Project

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Ahmadism Development Project

Postby Polites » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:45 pm

Martinulus wrote:Be careful with Hiding as that's a Hosian religious concept in Terra that the Ahmadis reject (Eliyahu is not in hiding in heaven). Itd be like the Muslims proclaiming the Mahdi "son of God ", I'd say.

Indeed, and I did partially address that in the article:

[...] scholars have [...] drawn parallels with the Hosian belief in the Great Hiding, Eliyahu's Exile in Heaven until the end of the world

The idea being that the Zahiri concept of Occultation emerged as a result of a succession failure, i.e. Zahir very obviously died at some point, but since he was supposed to be the last Imam his followers dealt with the cognitive dissonance by believing that his very real hiding from Razamid persecution simply never ended and he never died. I guess a good RL parallel would be the way many in the Chabad movement believe that Menachem Mendel Schneerson is the Messiah and although he died he will be resurrected, strangely copying early Christianity, although they do not believe the same things about Jesus. Or another parallel is the fact that there are something like four of five different people that different Shi'a sects believe to be in hiding and the rightful Mahdi.

And as a matter of fact RL Druze have some beliefs about Al-Hakim bi-Amr Allah that are very similar to the Christian concept of incarnation, to the point that some people (probably not correctly) assume that this came about as Christian influence.
Polites

Previous

Return to General