Ahmadism Development Project

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Queranzariah and Abadism Development Project

Postby LNRulez01 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:27 pm

Amazeroth wrote:
soysauce wrote:If Allah still meant god in the game then it would mean "Will of God" party which is still appropriate,

"Akim" itself cannot replace "Allah" as the word for god as it is not a noun, it is also a derivation of "Allah" as it means "god will establish" although that probably doesn't matter.

Can we clarify whether "Akim" means "god", replacing "Allah" (which would impact a lot of the Arabic language) or if it is simply the name of the God?

If it is the former then Jack would be right in saying that my name is inaccurate,

For the sake of simplicity I'd be for "Akim" just being the "individual" name of the Queranzariah god, and "Allah" just meaning "god" in general.

I agree with Amazaroth.

Akim or Akeem (meaning Wise) is the name of the deity worshipped in both the Queranzariah and Abadi faiths. Although it is the ingame counterpart of the Islamic god, Allah, the word Akim/Akeem does not replace the Arabic word for "god', that being "allah"
- It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal,engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Sun Tzu, 6th century BC
LNRulez01

Postby Martinulus » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:14 am

I thought Akim meant "Lord" or "Master" last time I looked it up, and I assumed it entered Queranzariah from Hosianism, where it is used a lot. It's even on the wiki that way: http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Elyon#Names_of_God
Hosianisch-Demokratisches Verbund - Hulstria and Gao-Soto

Notable previous parties:
Folkepartiet (People's Party) - Kazulia
Martinulus

Postby soysauce » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:28 pm

Akim (أكيم) is not a noun, It can't be used the same way as lord,
soysauce

Postby Dynastia » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:26 am

Since all the religion names have been changed, could anybody suggest a suitable epithet for the Muslim-analogues, for use by the Christian ruling class in Czarist Deltaria?

I'm after something archaic and old-fashioned, that suggests a slight level of ignorance and insensitivity towards the faith, but doesn't suggest any real malice or intolerance. Real-world examples would be along the lines of "musselmen" or "Mohammedans". There's no need to distinguish between the various denominations, as users of the term wouldn't be able to tell them apart anyway. If the term is derived from the Arabic language, it should preferably have incorrect or butchered syntax. Currently I'm thinking of going with "Amadites" (after their mutual prophet), but I'd prefer that whatever term I use has the recognition of players involved in developing the religion.

edit ; regarding your current discussions, shouldn't "The Wise" be al-Hakim?

http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/99names.htm
Dynastia

Postby Polites » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:34 pm

Dynastia wrote:Since all the religion names have been changed, could anybody suggest a suitable epithet for the Muslim-analogues, for use by the Christian ruling class in Czarist Deltaria?

I'm after something archaic and old-fashioned, that suggests a slight level of ignorance and insensitivity towards the faith, but doesn't suggest any real malice or intolerance. Real-world examples would be along the lines of "musselmen" or "Mohammedans". There's no need to distinguish between the various denominations, as users of the term wouldn't be able to tell them apart anyway. If the term is derived from the Arabic language, it should preferably have incorrect or butchered syntax. Currently I'm thinking of going with "Amadites" (after their mutual prophet), but I'd prefer that whatever term I use has the recognition of players involved in developing the religion.

Considering that the Prophet's name has been accepted to be Ahmad, then how about we use "Ahmadis" as the neutral word covering both religions, and "Ahmadites" as the antiquated and slightly offensive version?
Polites

Postby Farsun » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:31 am

I wanted to ask.

Queranzariah = Shi'a
Abadi = Sunni

Shouldn't that be the other way around? Also, I introduced the Halawites (http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Halawis) into the fold, essentially the Alawites with my own twang.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Polites » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:07 am

Farsun wrote:I wanted to ask.

Queranzariah = Shi'a
Abadi = Sunni

Shouldn't that be the other way around? Also, I introduced the Halawites (http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Halawis) into the fold, essentially the Alawites with my own twang.

It is the other way around. Where does it say otherwise?
Polites

Postby Farsun » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:08 am

Well seeing as in the real world the Sunni are the majority and tend to make up the more radical of the Muslims, shouldn't Querabzariah be sunni in general and shouldn't Abadism be Shi'a, the middle/upper-class less radical of the two?

Unless I totally misunderstand Islam
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Polites » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:06 am

Farsun wrote:Well seeing as in the real world the Sunni are the majority and tend to make up the more radical of the Muslims, shouldn't Querabzariah be sunni in general and shouldn't Abadism be Shi'a, the middle/upper-class less radical of the two?

That is exactly the way Islam works in Particracy, that's what I'm saying. Queranzariah, Barmenistan-based, equals Sunni, Abadism, Kafuristan based, equals Shi'a.
Polites

Postby LNRulez01 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:48 pm

Polites wrote:
Farsun wrote:Well seeing as in the real world the Sunni are the majority and tend to make up the more radical of the Muslims, shouldn't Querabzariah be sunni in general and shouldn't Abadism be Shi'a, the middle/upper-class less radical of the two?

That is exactly the way Islam works in Particracy, that's what I'm saying. Queranzariah, Barmenistan-based, equals Sunni, Abadism, Kafuristan based, equals Shi'a.

Yes, Polites is right. Although i have to say Abadism is loosely based on RL Shia Islam. It has some element in it that are not present in RL Shia Islam.

So i was just thinking we need a name for the combination of both Queranzariah and Abadism, like Islam is for the Sunni and Shia.
- It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal,engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Sun Tzu, 6th century BC
LNRulez01

PreviousNext

Return to General