Ahmadism Development Project

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Ahmadism Development Project

Postby Polites » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:19 am

It seems that with the religion retcon, developments on Hosianism, Yazdism, etc., and the union of Eastern Churches, Islam has been left behind. So, I'm calling on all experienced Islamic players (and anyone else, of course) to give their thoughts on:

*the history of the two religions
*what exactly sets them apart
*name and biography for the founder(s)
*doctrines and practices
*the Caliph

More specifically, there is some confusion on the wiki on the place of origin for Islam, which was either born in Barmenistan or Badara. We also seem to have two families that claim to be the Ahl al-Bayt, the Bünyamins and the Al-Majali. So what we need to do is create a comprehensive back story for Particracy's version of Islam, the same way that it's been done for Hosianism (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4621).
Polites

Re: Queranzariah and Abadism Development Project

Postby Martinulus » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:23 am

I'm, of course, willing to help out.
Hosianisch-Demokratisches Verbund - Hulstria and Gao-Soto

Notable previous parties:
Folkepartiet (People's Party) - Kazulia
Martinulus

Postby Emunim » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:38 am

I re-established the Barmenian Caliph so can probably be some help here.

As far as I recall, the Ahl al-Bayt split was originally explained by the fall of the Barmenian Caliphate in the games pre-history. When the Bünyamins were overthrown (in 2142) the Al-Majalis, who were previously Sultans of Al'Badara, declared themselves Caliphs. I do think that this would make sense to be most fundamental split in Particracys Islam, as it has some parallels to the Sunni-Shia split.

There is some info in the history of Barmenistan wiki page on Islams emergence and spread; however most of this assumes Islam originates in Barmenistan. I didn't realise until recently that there was a disagreement on where Islam was created.
Emunim

Postby LNRulez01 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:43 pm

Emunim wrote:There is some info in the history of Barmenistan wiki page on Islams emergence and spread; however most of this assumes Islam originates in Barmenistan. I didn't realise until recently that there was a disagreement on where Islam was created
Polites wrote:More specifically, there is some confusion on the wiki on the place of origin for Islam, which was either born in Barmenistan or Badara.

Im working with what the original creator of Queranzariah, GreekIdiot/George S.K., left us with. Although he doesnt mention the birthplace of the prophet, but does say he worked his preaching and miracles in Kafurisran.

Ranz'riah was a prophet of goodness and promoter of progress in the deserts of the region Hiamou in Kafuristan, now known as Abi'nadi, back in the early 700s. http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Queranz_Church

The wiki pages of Barmenistan are also a bit vague on the origin. Im quoting the wiki:

Consequently Judaism was gradually tolerated in Sisula and Uthena and the Islamic faith soon emerged in the latter as a syncretism of Christianity and Judaism. In 1186 Islam became the official religion of Uthena and the Islamic Caliph its ruler, and in 1216 an Islamic rebellion in Sisula led to the latter being invaded and conquered by the Caliphate. http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/History_of_Barmenistan#Emergence_of_Islam

Both dont specifically say Islam/Queranzariah originated in Barmenistan nor in Badara or that the prophet Ranz'riah was Barmenian or Badaran, but like i said on the wiki of Ranz'riah, i see no problem with him coming from Barmenistan, although there are very few records of it. Maybe we can have the Queranzari say he is from Barmenia and have the Abadi say he is from Badara. It would further explain the rift between both of the faiths

Polites wrote:We also seem to have two families that claim to be the Ahl al-Bayt, the Bünyamins and the Al-Majali.
Emunim wrote:As far as I recall, the Ahl al-Bayt split was originally explained by the fall of the Barmenian Caliphate in the games pre-history. When the Bünyamins were overthrown (in 2142) the Al-Majalis, who were previously Sultans of Al'Badara, declared themselves Caliphs. I do think that this would make sense to be most fundamental split in Particracys Islam, as it has some parallels to the Sunni-Shia split.

We could have them both be related to the prophet Ranz'riah. In RL the Royal Houses of both Morocco and Jordan claim ancestry from Muhammed trough Imam Ai, his cousin and son-in-law. They both are from the same clan, the Banu Hashim, from the Quraysh tribe. Why not do the same for the Bünyamins and the Al-Majali's?
- It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal,engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Sun Tzu, 6th century BC
LNRulez01

Postby Polites » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:23 pm

LNRulez01 wrote:
Emunim wrote:There is some info in the history of Barmenistan wiki page on Islams emergence and spread; however most of this assumes Islam originates in Barmenistan. I didn't realise until recently that there was a disagreement on where Islam was created
Polites wrote:More specifically, there is some confusion on the wiki on the place of origin for Islam, which was either born in Barmenistan or Badara.

Im working with what the original creator of Queranzariah, GreekIdiot/George S.K., left us with. Although he doesnt mention the birthplace of the prophet, but does say he worked his preaching and miracles in Kafurisran.

Ranz'riah was a prophet of goodness and promoter of progress in the deserts of the region Hiamou in Kafuristan, now known as Abi'nadi, back in the early 700s. http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Queranz_Church

The wiki pages of Barmenistan are also a bit vague on the origin. Im quoting the wiki:

Consequently Judaism was gradually tolerated in Sisula and Uthena and the Islamic faith soon emerged in the latter as a syncretism of Christianity and Judaism. In 1186 Islam became the official religion of Uthena and the Islamic Caliph its ruler, and in 1216 an Islamic rebellion in Sisula led to the latter being invaded and conquered by the Caliphate. http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/History_of_Barmenistan#Emergence_of_Islam

Both dont specifically say Islam/Queranzariah originated in Barmenistan nor in Badara or that the prophet Ranz'riah was Barmenian or Badaran, but like i said on the wiki of Ranz'riah, i see no problem with him coming from Barmenistan, although there are very few records of it. Maybe we can have the Queranzari say he is from Barmenia and have the Abadi say he is from Badara. It would further explain the rift between both of the faiths

Polites wrote:We also seem to have two families that claim to be the Ahl al-Bayt, the Bünyamins and the Al-Majali.
Emunim wrote:As far as I recall, the Ahl al-Bayt split was originally explained by the fall of the Barmenian Caliphate in the games pre-history. When the Bünyamins were overthrown (in 2142) the Al-Majalis, who were previously Sultans of Al'Badara, declared themselves Caliphs. I do think that this would make sense to be most fundamental split in Particracys Islam, as it has some parallels to the Sunni-Shia split.

We could have them both be related to the prophet Ranz'riah. In RL the Royal Houses of both Morocco and Jordan claim ancestry from Muhammed trough Imam Ai, his cousin and son-in-law. They both are from the same clan, the Banu Hashim, from the Quraysh tribe. Why not do the same for the Bünyamins and the Al-Majali's?

I think the best choice is to say that Queranzariah was born in Barmenistan in the 10th century, where the Caliphate was founded and it conquered most of Majatra by the 13th century. In time there arises a distinction between Pntek and Majatran Queranzariah, one in the NW and the other in the SE of the continent, in order to represent the distinction between Arabic and Persian Islam in RL. In the 2500s Mus'ab emerges as a new prophet, kinda like Ghulam Ahmad, or maybe Baha-u-llah, and his spirits-oriented teaching is quickly accepted by the Majatrans and the House of Al-Majali. Hence the distinction between the two religion, which claim to have the same origin.

Does this sound ok?
Polites

Postby Martinulus » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:28 pm

Ooh, you guys should have a jihad to reclaim the Holy Land of Barmenistan. :lol:
Hosianisch-Demokratisches Verbund - Hulstria and Gao-Soto

Notable previous parties:
Folkepartiet (People's Party) - Kazulia
Martinulus

Postby LNRulez01 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:28 pm

Polites wrote:I think the best choice is to say that Queranzariah was born in Barmenistan in the 10th century, where the Caliphate was founded and it conquered most of Majatra by the 13th century. In time there arises a distinction between Pntek and Majatran Queranzariah, one in the NW and the other in the SE of the continent, in order to represent the distinction between Arabic and Persian Islam in RL. In the 2500s Mus'ab emerges as a new prophet, kinda like Ghulam Ahmad, or maybe Baha-u-llah, and his spirits-oriented teaching is quickly accepted by the Majatrans and the House of Al-Majali. Hence the distinction between the two religion, which claim to have the same origin.Does this sound ok?

I dont think the split between the Abadi and the Queranzariah should be that late in history. It might be better to have them split maybe even within a few decades after the death of Ranz'riah. I cant find any reference in both Kafuristan and Badara that the Barmenian Caliphate had conquered most of Majatra by the 13th century. The history of Kafuristan doesnt mention the arrival of Queranzariah at all and Badara's history only talks about Sutan (Saint) Abdullah bringing the faith to Al'Badara, converting most of the people before the earliest mentioned date of 1376.

In my view Mus'ab is not a prophet sent by Akim, but he is one of the first and most important follower of Ranz'riah. He could be compared to one of the Apostles in Christianity or one of the Sahabah or Companions in Islam. The Abadi believe Ranz'riah to be the latest in a series of Prophets send by Akim, but not the final Prophet like the Queranzariah believe him to be.
- It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal,engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Sun Tzu, 6th century BC
LNRulez01

Postby LNRulez01 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:58 pm

Could we change the name of Ranz'riah? I really dislike it and it isnt even a real name. Maybe we can use one of the names of Muhammed like "Habeeb" (the beloved) or "Mustafa" (the chosen one).

Sun Tzu, 6th century BC
LNRulez01

Postby Polites » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:12 pm

I think it would be best to have Queranzariah born in Barmenistan and later reach Badara.

About the name, I know this is stereotypical, but "Habeeb" makes me think of all Arabic pop songs. How about "Ahmad" (the highly praised).
Polites

Postby LNRulez01 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:30 am

Okay, fine with me, but we really have to figure out what to do with the holy places in Barmenistan because of the Feline take over there.. Now we have to work out the how and when Queranzariah spread through Majatra.

Well im not very familiar with Arabic pop songs so i cant judge that, but i think "Ahmad" would do fine, that is if no one opposes.

Sun Tzu, 6th century BC
LNRulez01

Next

Return to General