Reserve Currency

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Should there be a 59th currency with a value that floats?

Yes; nations would be discouraged from cheating.
61%
It is okay to include it in the spreadsheet, but I will use one of the static currencies.
18%
No; allow nations to cheat by inflating their GDPs.
21%

Total votes : 28

Re: Reserve Currency

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:12 am

I spoke to Wouter. He knew of my other projects.

He'll check out this one. I'm hoping he can give a certain level of recognition.
Eventually, we can start imports and exports.

I can't wait until we (whoever opts in, like the Econ protocols system) are forced to have some nations RP food shortages, while nations who focus more on Agriculture will benefit from being able to export.

I plan to also show him EEL's NPI, and talk with Moderation about the development of Military Protocols.
I would suggest an update of the Rildanor Accord (where legislation is considered as a factor of military size, eg. conscription laws).
The Military Protocols will be an opt-in system like the Econ protocols. We should price military equipment, realistically, so that not every nation has 20 battleships, 5 aircraft carriers, thousands of nuclear missiles, the most invincible tanks, etc.
Hopefully, Farsun will be willing to attach a price tag to the different things he put in his own military project (where he gives guns IC names and assigns them to cultures and nations).
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Afrocentric » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:27 pm

Why can't we just make this stuff mandatory? You know only certain nations will opt in if we make it optional.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby Polites » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:50 pm

Afrocentric wrote:Why can't we just make this stuff mandatory? You know only certain nations will opt in if we make it optional.

Indeed, if only a handful of nations adopt this, it would be largely useless. The problem is establishing a mechanism to ensure enforcement.
Polites

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:34 pm

Polites wrote:
Afrocentric wrote:Why can't we just make this stuff mandatory? You know only certain nations will opt in if we make it optional.

Indeed, if only a handful of nations adopt this, it would be largely useless. The problem is establishing a mechanism to ensure enforcement.

I guess these points make sense, considering the enforcement of the Rildanor Accords, and this basically being an economic variant of some accord.
But if this is eventually recognized by Moderation and Wouter, any nation claiming to import or export (specific volumes in specific amounts of money) would have to opt in anyways...

Should I be optimistic that such development efforts will eventually be appreciated, and start to design something for food and energy demands in each nation? They would be based on population. Moderation, and the general community, would then finalize which nations produce which resources. I believe a general idea of this has been established before. We could then determine which nations have a surplus of which resources, and which nations lack certain resources, and that would be the basis for trade.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Siggon Kristov » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:30 am

PaleRider has suggested a credit rating system. More details to follow, but the KFS will be publishing statistics in KRV while the Royal Bank of Lodamun will be publishing stats in LOD.
Siggon Kristov

Postby EEL123 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:41 am

I don't think that KRV is a suitable name for a global reserve currency.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:40 am

EEL123 wrote:I don't think that KRV is a suitable name for a global reserve currency.

1) It was invented by the Karavs in the first place.
2) I don't use the Karavs anymore. I keep them neutral in Lodamun's politics. (I'm thinking of creating co-ownership of the dynasty, but not its characters, so anyone who wants to create branches or new lineages is free to contact me).
3) It's not the LOD, and if I named it the new LOD it would be like me pretending to own the LOD. The LOD is still recognized as the global currency.
4) I'm afraid to name it something with "Terra" since maybe not all players will like the idea of this floating currency. It would come off as me saying "I invented something, and all players must recognize it or declare themselves to be inferior."

Naming it the KRV was to add some IC flavour, especially since the organization that came up with it was a banking institution owned by the Karavs: KFS. I ICly publish ratings. You're free to do the same with your own made-up currency or IC institution.
Siggon Kristov

Postby EEL123 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:16 am

Siggon Kristov wrote:It was invented by the Karavs in the first place.
So? You will notice that aeroplanes are not called "Wrights".
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:09 pm

EEL123 wrote:
Siggon Kristov wrote:It was invented by the Karavs in the first place.
So? You will notice that aeroplanes are not called "Wrights".

So you completely ignored points #3 and #4?
If you're just going to argue for the sake of arguing, I'll be less inclined to take you or your criticisms seriously, and more leaned to believe you just want something to argue about, even if there's nothing wrong.
Siggon Kristov

Postby EEL123 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:11 pm

Firstly, I'm not saying that it should be LOD, and secondly, if some people want to gripe about an "International Dollar" (you can probably find a cooler name to that effect), let them.
House of Razama
EEL123

PreviousNext

Return to General