Reserve Currency

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Should there be a 59th currency with a value that floats?

Yes; nations would be discouraged from cheating.
61%
It is okay to include it in the spreadsheet, but I will use one of the static currencies.
18%
No; allow nations to cheat by inflating their GDPs.
21%

Total votes : 28

Re: Reserve Currency

Postby Siggon Kristov » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:54 am

EEL123 wrote:Firstly, I'm not saying that it should be LOD, and secondly, if some people want to gripe about an "International Dollar" (you can probably find a cooler name to that effect), let them.

I can't modify the LOD, of course.
I also can't declare my own made-up currency as a global currency. Naming it something with "Terran" will probably just make it look like I'm trying to own Terra. The KRV, on the other hand, will only make it appear as if I own the Karavs and their banks. You're free to make up your own currency too. PaleRider wants to do a credit rating thing, and I'm on board with it OOCly, but the Karavs hate Zardugal. He's likely going to end up creating his own IC institution, and eventually his own currency.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby EEL123 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:36 am

Alright, go ahead.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby PaleRider » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:31 pm

actually I will probably form my own institution but not my own currency. The Karav's seem pleasant enough to not mind me basing my ratings off of how they rate currency
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby Afrocentric » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:37 pm

I think Rutania will form their own institution as well. After all, the Ruta is a reserve currency.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby Siggon Kristov » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:41 pm

Afrocentric wrote:I think Rutania will form their own institution as well. After all, the Ruta is a reserve currency.

Should I make a dynamic RUT as well? Or will you do it based on static RUT ratings?
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:15 pm

The difference between static currencies and dynamic currencies (when it comes on to cheating)...

Right now, Davostan cheats. Their spending is 726.2% of their revenue, which means they are in significant debt. Their debt is almost 80% of their GDP. This doesn't stop them from topping the rankings of almost every chart when things are listed in static currencies.

When a static currency is used, their debt and deliberate inflation don't affect their currency value:
- Their GDP is 10.67% of the world, and they're ranked #1
- Their Total Government Spending is 27.89% of the world, and they're ranked #1
- Their Defence Spending is 68.07% of the world, and they're ranked #1

When the KRV is used, the value of their currency is reduced to reflect their extreme debt and deliberate Mugabe-like inflation causes them to be Terra's Zimbabwe, so:
- Their GDP is 1.12% of the world, and they're ranked #53
- Their Total Government Spending is 3.56% of the world, and they're ranked #4
- Their Defence Spending is 16.89% of the world, and they're ranked #1
Siggon Kristov

Postby Imperial Dark Rome » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:14 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:The difference between static currencies and dynamic currencies (when it comes on to cheating)...

Right now, Davostan cheats. Their spending is 726.2% of their revenue, which means they are in significant debt. Their debt is almost 80% of their GDP. This doesn't stop them from topping the rankings of almost every chart when things are listed in static currencies.

When a static currency is used, their debt and deliberate inflation don't affect their currency value:

When the KRV is used, the value of their currency is reduced to reflect their extreme debt and deliberate Mugabe-like inflation causes them to be Terra's Zimbabwe, so:

I feel I should give an update on the situation in Davostag. The current crazy budget was not my doing. While my budget did have a very high defence budget, I did keep a small surplus and was not in debt.

I've been recently flooded by not one, not two, but three idiot noobs that know nothing, and no I'm not calling them idiots just because I don't like them, but they are really are stupid beyond belief. They don't know what or how the budget works they don't know what the debt is. I didn't have enough seats to block their budget. Oh, and when they do talk about the debt they refer to it as the "depth", and in another bill about legalization of cannabis they think cannabis is cannibalism. Hahaha! They are unfortunately stupid beyond help. At least I can get alot of laughs watching them. It's like I've got the three stooges here. When I eventually regain control, the budget will return to normal. Well, normal for Davostag anyway... I hate that Davostag is considered cheating right now, when I worked hard to balanced my last budget. Argh!!!

Also a weird thing is that I have the cabinet position for the minister of finance but one of the new parties is able to keep making budget proposals. Very weird. I wasn't planning on complaining about it until they slash defence budget. Since to me, a unrealistic insanely high defence budget is better then a realistic but too low defence budget. Hahaha...
Last edited by Imperial Dark Rome on Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Satanic Republican Party
Imperial Dark Rome
Unholy Davostag Empire
Imperial Dark Rome

Postby Afrocentric » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:35 pm

Imperial Dark Rome wrote:
Siggon Kristov wrote:The difference between static currencies and dynamic currencies (when it comes on to cheating)...

I feel I should give an update on the situation in Davostag. The current crazy budget was not my doing. While my budget did have a very high defence budget, I did keep a small surplus and was not in debt.

I've been recently flooded by not one, not two, but three idiot noobs that know nothing, and no I'm not calling them idiots just because I don't like them, but they are really are stupid beyond belief. They don't know what or how the budget works they don't know what the debt is. I didn't have enough seats to block their budget. Oh, and when they do talk about the debt they refer to it as the "depth", and in another bill about legalization of cannabis they think cannabis is cannibalism. Hahaha! They are unfortunately stupid beyond help. At least I can get alot of laughs watching them. It's like I've got the three stooges here. When I eventually regain control, the budget will return to normal. Well, normal for Davostag anyway... I hate that Davostag is considered cheating right now, when I worked hard to balanced that my last budget. Argh!!!

Also a weird thing is that I have the cabinet position for the minister of finance but one of them is able to keep making budget proposals. Very weird. I wasn't planning on complaining about it until they slash defence budget. Since to me, a unrealistic insanely high defence budget is better then a realistic but too low defence budget. Hahaha...

Don't worry, the noobs will get bored and leave; they always leave.

Afrocentric

Postby Afrocentric » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:36 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:
Afrocentric wrote:I think Rutania will form their own institution as well. After all, the Ruta is a reserve currency.

Should I make a dynamic RUT as well? Or will you do it based on static RUT ratings?

Make it dynamic. The more realism, the better.

Afrocentric

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:42 pm

Imperial Dark Rome wrote:

I've been recently flooded by not one, not two, but three idiot noobs that know nothing, and no I'm not calling them idiots just because I don't like them, but they are really are stupid beyond belief. They don't know what or how the budget works they don't know what the debt is. I didn't have enough seats to block their budget. Oh, and when they do talk about the debt they refer to it as the "depth", and in another bill about legalization of cannabis they think cannabis is cannibalism. Hahaha! They are unfortunately stupid beyond help. At least I can get alot of laughs watching them. It's like I've got the three stooges here. When I eventually regain control, the budget will return to normal. Well, normal for Davostag anyway... I hate that Davostag is considered cheating right now, when I worked hard to balanced that my last budget. Argh!!!

Also a weird thing is that I have the cabinet position for the minister of finance but one of them is able to keep making budget proposals. Very weird. I wasn't planning on complaining about it until they slash defence budget. Since to me, a unrealistic insanely high defence budget is better then a realistic but too low defence budget. Hahaha...

Thanks for bringing this back on topic.
Yeah, anyone can propose Finance bills (even without holding the Finance Minister position). The only thing that's restricted to specific ministries is making press releases. With the KRV, your Defence spending would still be the highest in the world, but your GDP and total government spending wouldn't.
Siggon Kristov

PreviousNext

Return to General