Population

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Do you think populations should be changed?

Yes; decrease some, increase others
88%
No; keep them as they are
13%

Total votes : 16

Re: Population

Postby EgeDoruk » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:39 pm

I support real fluctions between populations and different brackets, for example Dralnad could have at most 10 million population
''I never dared to be radical when young
For fear it would make me conservative when old.''
Robert Frost

EgeDoruk

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:02 pm

J94CK wrote:Also, I think regions in countries should have different populations to allow proportional representation to actually work for those countries that use it.

It works in Vorona, but I wish a party would go there and change it to pseudo-proportional representation, just to make things more fun :twisted:

J94CK wrote:I know people will complain and say that they don't want their country's population to be reduced because it will affect their economy and the size of their military.

An increase in population means a decrease in GDP or government spending per capita, if those things remain constant.

J94CK wrote:However, how often do militaries really get used?

Even if they did get used often, I'd love to see more diversity in populations. It sucks that every nation expects to be on top.

J94CK wrote:And what does GDP really count for on Particracy?

Do my projects mean nothing to you? :cry:
I'm in talks with Wouter about using the spreadsheet for the import/export part of the game (message me for details, or continue this in one of my other threads to keep on topic in this one). Remember, also, that GDP isn't what really matters. Keymon has a high GDP per capita.

--

All of this said, I support this idea, but can Wouter make the changes?
If he does, by the way, I wish he could allow it to be affected by legislation.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Afrocentric » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:40 pm

Wouter was the one who changed the population last time. Before all of this 99 million BS, you had some nations getting past 5 billion people.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:41 pm

Afrocentric wrote:Wouter was the one who changed the population last time. Before all of this 99 million BS, you had some nations getting past 5 billion people.

Was the last time before he stopped developing the game, or after he stopped? I ask because he usually says he can't make certain changes because there is the risk of breaking the game. Is this one of those changes?
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Farsun » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:08 pm

I think population is a variable that he can work with, the only problem is what nations do we decide get reduced populations? I tried with OTAF to get some nations to realize that they can't have Abrams tanks and the latest weaponry and they figuratively starred at me blankly and were dumbfounded.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Siggon Kristov » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:52 am

Farsun wrote:I think population is a variable that he can work with, the only problem is what nations do we decide get reduced populations?

These could determine base percentages, then they could be multiplied by the percentage of GDP spent on Health & Social Services.

--

Farsun wrote:I tried with OTAF to get some nations to realize that they can't have Abrams tanks and the latest weaponry and they figuratively starred at me blankly and were dumbfounded.

I'd like to speak about this, with you, here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5232&start=10#p55436

(Notice I mentioned your name)
Siggon Kristov

Postby Siggon Kristov » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:31 pm

J94CK wrote:Would we be able to present this before the mods in the 'Game Moderation' thread?

You mean the Game Moderation subforum?
I would suggest the "Questions & Requests" thread.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Aquinas » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:55 pm

I would like to see greater variations in regional populations within each nation. At the moment, the regions seem too equally populated.
Aquinas

Postby fondue_knight » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:42 pm

I'd like to say that we in Kafuristan (both parties) support this proposal. We would like to see varying national populations and the end to equal regional populations.
fondue_knight

Postby EEL123 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:49 am

Dranland is probably a sparsely populated country, being in the far north.
House of Razama
EEL123

Next

Return to General