Let's allow multis!

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Should multiple accounts be allowed?

Yes, but only a limited amount of them, and none in the same country.
52%
Yes, an unrestricted amount of them, but none in the same country.
6%
Yes, with no restrictions.
5%
No
34%
Don't know/Other
3%

Total votes : 62

Re: Let's allow multis!

Postby Reddy » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:17 am

The regulatory burden would simply be too much and given the increased opportunities for abuse, I can only imagine. I am speaking from experience and have already seen this with Meta Groups - rampant abuse, infighting and chaos all around. It's already difficult enough to enforce Cultural Protocols and the real life variables ban, frankly, I think this would be a nightmare, with some people likely to use proxies and other methods. I think the potential chaos would not just burden Moderation but players as well. There's often a lot of resistance and repeat offending in cases involving multiing, Cultural Protocols and real life variables.

As for allowing multiing just in order to allow certain players to 'protect' their creations; every player has to weigh whether that desire outweighs their interest to explore other opportunities. What about the reverse - the fact that so called 'blandocrats' would be equally enabled to greater blandocrising opportunities through multiing? Certainly the culture of the country will always be protected by Moderation, I assure you a lot of time is spent on this.

As for Nationmasters, Nationmasters don't have access to the game engine and would not be able to tell where players are multiing and I think, driven by political considerations (if you will), would be unlikely to 'snitch' on multiing players in their countries - they are elected after all.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Re: Let's allow multis!

Postby CCP » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:32 pm

While I do think unlimited multis hasn't been given enough attention as a possible solution here, one middle ground solution we should probably be exploiting more is RPing non-party organizations and characters in others' countries.

Especially for one-party states (which are some of the most richly-developed countries in the game right now), players are forced to partner with foreign countries if they want some RP interaction. The domestic game is entirely talking to oneself, and it can feel like drudgery and a chore rather than fun. Players in countries with one or few active parties should partner with each other to work on domestic RP of characters and entities (other than voting political parties). This gives us almost everything we would gain from multis without being disruptive managerially, and it requires no new policies or oversight from moderators. As long as domestic players accepted a foreign player's RPs, the RPs would become part of the domestic stories, helping lonely players move stories along, produce more content, cover more ground, and have (an)other person(s) to play with and against.
Global Roleplay Committee Chair(until March 2019)
Ity ꜣḥwt xꜣdt, Hawu Mumenhes
Movement for Radical Libertarianism, Talmoria
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
Sizwe Esintsundu Amandla Inhlangano, Ibutho
Christian Communalist Party, Rildanor
CCP

Previous

Return to General