Palace Coups (game rules question)

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Palace Coups (game rules question)

Postby IdioC » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:38 pm

Valdštejn wrote:Just to clarify this a bit - it means, that we will revert the RP about the former ruler being killed, not his removal from office. So if you didn't get Polites' permission, you could see the coup as a success, but the fate of the old Czar would have to be unknown.

I think this interpretation would be closest to the "spirit" of the regs as intended at their inception.

As for the character not being "owned", it is fair to say the situation presented is a shortcoming in the current statute book, although it is "owned by the nation". Perhaps regulations regarding communal ownership should be codified (this should, of course, be decided on by current attitudes and not has-beens like me). Only thing that comes to mind is that royal "Houses" have had debate bills listing their lineages in other nations and perhaps these should be drawn upon to suggest their existance as a communal entity under the care of a primarily-responsible player (bill owner)?

Kudos to Dynastia for the test case though. Why settle for beating the system controlling the game when you can try to beat the system of the system controlling the game? :)
What is that weird Jelbék language what I types with me computer buttons?

"Kae orzy sedrijohylakmek, megàmojylakjek, frjomimek. Kaerjoshu zri? Afrkmojad firja, Kae grzy Zykhiko ajozuo zri?"
IdioC

Re: Palace Coups (game rules question)

Postby Polites » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:25 pm

Just so everything is clear, I gave my full support to Dynastia to have the Czar as brutally killed as he wishes. This whole thing failed because not all Deltarian parties were active to vote on the HoS change bill. I would still want to implement some fighting for the throne, considering that a 40+ year reign is not very Deltarian.
Polites

Previous

Return to General