In-game Organisations and Inactive Parties

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

In-game Organisations and Inactive Parties

Postby Dynastia » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:05 pm

Does anyone have any opinions on the idea of booting parties out of orgs after they've been inactive for about a year a so? I think a lot of org leaders like to keep as many inactive parties in as possible because it can sort of be used as a gauge of how 'important' an org is, and of course they don't want their org to drop down on the list below orgs with 300 members (4 active).

But if it became standard practice to prune the organisations of long-gone parties, with moderation occasionally stepping in when org leaders refuse to cull their numbers, the list of orgs would actually rank their general level of activity somewhat more accurately.

Does anyone agree with this? Disagree? Have other suggestions on how to go about it?
Dynastia

Re: In-game Organisations and Inactive Parties

Postby GreenChristian » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:52 am

Just browsing through some of these old threads, and saw this. I think it would be an excellent idea. Working out which organisations are worth joining, I want to know their current membership, not a long list of obsolete party names.

Also, looking through the list, I noticed that there are some organisations which have 0 active members. There definitely needs to be a way to remove them.
GreenChristian

Postby EEL123 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:34 am

Who cares? I don't think removing dead (or moribund) orgs is really a first priority.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Siggon Kristov » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:37 pm

GreenChristian wrote:I noticed that there are some organisations which have 0 active members. There definitely needs to be a way to remove them.

There is. If you find one, just post a link to it in the relevant thread in the Game Moderation section of the forum.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby MichaelReilly » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:53 pm

Wow. This thread's out of the blue. :lol:
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

Return to General