Empires

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Empires

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:21 pm

The ATR is still around?
Liu Che/Zhuli

Re: Empires

Postby EdwardBishop » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:53 am

Polites wrote:
Jessaveryja wrote:Cildania had a large ancient empire, hence why it still uses the title.

Italy had a large ancient empire, and yet its modern monarch was a king.

That's right, but it was the Roman Empire, not the Italian Empire, the Romans themselves never saw Italians as a nationality... the Kingdom of Italy (Regno d'Italia) descended not from the Roman Empire, but from the medieval Kingdom of Italy which was established after the fall of the Western Roman Empire, and became part of the Holy Roman Empire, later the Modern Kingdom of Italy was formed by the Kingdom of Sardinia (whose King Victor Emmanuel II, became King of Italy)... and so politically there was a reason not to call himself Emperor because it would be claiming the more recent title of HRE which had been abolished by Napoleon, and the House of Hapsburg still had pretentions on as Emperors of Austria-Hungary, so it would have been poor politics by the House of Savoy, when the might of Imperial Austria loomed so near (and in fact, Victor Emmanuel II's late wife, the mother of his children, had been a Hapsburg princess by birth)...

Anyway, as to Terra, I do agree it has a bit too many Imperial titles floating around, but the question of who should downgrade theirs is a sticky wicket, to say the least, and any list I make would likely be insulting to my fellow Monarchists... however, I will say that all the Imperial titles I personally recognize as legitimate have in-game historical reasons for them (post-2000), because it doesn't matter to me what history has been made up or agreed upon before the game went live, but it's so hard for one nation in game to exercise authority over another in-game that anyone's whose done so legitimately (which required heavily cooperative gameplay), certainly deserves the distinction...
Current:
Royal Orange Party of Luthori (IA) - Holy Luthori Empire

Former:
Les Ultraroyalists d'Alduria

Ordo Illuminati Patricii - Republic & Empire of Selucia

National Royalist Navaron Aristocrats' Party - United Kingdom of Kruzil & Navaras
EdwardBishop

Previous

Return to General