Anarchy?

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Anarchy?

Postby Nickmaster » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:09 pm

I have an idea I would like to run by the community. Hypothetically,would it be possible to create a state of anarchy in a country? It could be brought about by RP,somehow,(My apologies for the lack of specifics),and could Mabye be simulated by no government regulations on ANYTHING.

This could make for some interesting RP,Mabye foreign intervention and the like. Conversely it might ruin RP for a lot of people. What do you guys think?
Nickmaster

Re: Anarchy?

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:39 pm

I saw an anarchist regime in Gaduridos before. It caused bugs on the budget page, which is why I'd advise against it, but I guess the next best thing is a minarchist (ultra-Libertarian) government that doesn't get involved in anything. In almost everything, it would have "no policy concerning" the matter.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Afrocentric » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:41 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:I saw an anarchist regime in Gaduridos before. It caused bugs on the budget page, which is why I'd advise against it, but I guess the next best thing is a minarchist (ultra-Libertarian) government that doesn't get involved in anything. In almost everything, it would have "no policy concerning" the matter.

We have a Minarchist party in Rutania. I don't think he'll be successful, but anything is possible I guess.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:45 pm

Afrocentric wrote:
Siggon Kristov wrote:I saw an anarchist regime in Gaduridos before. It caused bugs on the budget page, which is why I'd advise against it, but I guess the next best thing is a minarchist (ultra-Libertarian) government that doesn't get involved in anything. In almost everything, it would have "no policy concerning" the matter.

We have a Minarchist party in Rutania. I don't think he'll be successful, but anything is possible I guess.

If a minarchist got a nation to himself (like that Anarchist had managed to do with Gaduridos), then it could work. Maybe a better RP, though, would be one where a government exists, but with a tiny budget and almost no control. This could work well in Talmoria, Lourenne, or Deltaria Nova.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby SelucianCrusader » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:05 am

To my knowledge - zero taxes or spending is not what causes bugs - ridiculously high spending does.

Yes, it is possible to create a virtual Anarchy. Here in Barmenia, during the reign of player catparty, most spending brackets were set at zero, and there were no courts etc. Nowadays we are not quite that anarchistic, although we still have zero income taxes (but sales taxes to compensate) and privatized police and armed forces.
SelucianCrusader

Postby Siggon Kristov » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:46 pm

SelucianCrusader wrote:
To my knowledge - zero taxes or spending is not what causes bugs - ridiculously high spending does.
Both do. Try it and see all the "null" and blah blah text that comes up and clutters the budget page.

SelucianCrusader wrote:Yes, it is possible to create a virtual Anarchy. Here in Barmenia, during the reign of player catparty, most spending brackets were set at zero, and there were no courts etc. Nowadays we are not quite that anarchistic, although we still have zero income taxes (but sales taxes to compensate) and privatized police and armed forces.

Try setting all taxes (even sales tax and corporation tax) to zero, then set all budget values to zero, and see what happens.
Siggon Kristov

Postby catparty » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:38 pm

Anarchist Barmenia was a lot of fun to play. I think all taxes were at 0. I got the idea from there being no parties active in Barmenia when I showed up, which seemed to me to be a sign that virtually everyone there had lost interest in having a centralized (or even Sanctuary-level/Regional) government.

Of course, that meant that my party's desire to battle monarchists across the globe had to be tempered by the anarchist (peace loving) nature of the cat worshiping citizenry.
Libertarian Alliance of Cats
Feline Homeland of Barmenia

Progressive Party
Realms of Luthori
catparty

Return to General