Better Advertising...

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Better Advertising...

Postby Arizal1 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:43 pm

I posted a message in the Paradox Interactive forum, but nobody answered it. Well, I tried.
The Social-Liberal Caucus (Ibutho) (Inactive) (Particracy Classic)
Demokrat Konservativen Partei (DKP) (Narikaton and Darnussia) (Particracy Classic)
The Federalistische Partij (Laaglanden) (Particracy Dev)
Arizal1

Postby Aquinas » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:16 pm

Thanks guys. Anything that gets the word out about Particracy is good for our cause!

Also, on the subject of getting the word out...would any of our more technically proficient members be willing to have a go at making a Particracy signature image banner thingy or a logo of some sort? That could be helpful.

It would also be nice if we could get a few mentions in website articles and stuff like that. http://www.gamepolitics.com/ is one I've looked at that I suspect might be interested in us, if anyone wants to submit them an article (under "Submit News").

I've also wondered whether this site would list us: http://www.gamesforchange.org/play/ .
Aquinas

Postby Choice Party » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:04 pm

For the Wikipedia question, it depends how similar it is to the wiki's we use for the game, but I think I could learn quickly how to use it, as I learned quickly how to use the wiki. I imagine I could probably have enough basic knowledge to cover a basic Wikipedia article, but I'm not quite sure if I have the confidence to start it, I could probably add to the page however.

As for the logo question, I reckon a competition amongst members could be a good idea. Funnily enough I quite literally just created a thread asking about making a forum banner before reading this thread....oh well. ><
Choice (Dolgaria) 3811-3832
Choice (Luthori) 3832-3875, 3899-3934
Choice (Kalistan)3875-3883
Choice (Hutori)3883-3899
Labour (Selucia)3934-3944
Progressive (Dolgavas)3944-3959
New Choice (Luthori) 3959-3982
LSP (Gaduridos) 3982-4004
Democratic (Mikuni-Hulstria) 4004-4038
Choice Party

Postby Arizal1 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:41 am

I also posted on Facebook about the game and I believe some of my friends could come.

Also, this is not really about advertising, more feedback about the game. It would be great to have more detailed descriptions of the political positions. I hope it wouldn't be a nightmare to write, but sometimes seeing only a single sentense to say what are the effects of what you are about to vote for seems a little bland.
Demokrat Konservativen Partei (DKP) (Narikaton and Darnussia) (Particracy Classic)
Arizal1

Postby Farsun » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:21 am

I could write the wiki article, I have experience with the wikia whenever I have time.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Aquinas » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:13 am

Arizal1 wrote:I also posted on Facebook about the game and I believe some of my friends could come.

Great work!

Arizal1 wrote:Also, this is not really about advertising, more feedback about the game. It would be great to have more detailed descriptions of the political positions. I hope it wouldn't be a nightmare to write, but sometimes seeing only a single sentense to say what are the effects of what you are about to vote for seems a little bland.

Not quite sure what you mean here. Are you saying you think the options available under the laws should be more detailed?

If that is what you mean...In general terms, we try to keep the options relatively broad, so players have scope to clarify them and add more detail in the bill descriptions. But there may be certain cases (at least in my personal opinion) where the options might be more detailed/specific than they are at present.

Choice Party wrote:As for the logo question, I reckon a competition amongst members could be a good idea. Funnily enough I quite literally just created a thread asking about making a forum banner before reading this thread....oh well. ><

Nice idea. Could be quite fun as well, actually.

Farsun wrote:I could write the wiki article, I have experience with the wikia whenever I have time.

Go for it! Inserting a few references to Particracy in certain existing wiki articles would also be helpful. Although I know wiki can be very strict about editing existing articles, especially when they have suspicions of "advertising" etc... I guess that has to be done in a "neutral"/"presenting of information" sort of way...

If anyone fancies doing some voting and/or reviewing on Particracy, I've noticed these websites:

http://www.topwebgames.com/game/3326
http://browsermmorpg.com/game_particracy--1423.html
http://www.mpogd.com/games/game.asp?ID=3053
http://www.ranker.com/list/all-governme ... /reference
Aquinas

Postby Choice Party » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:37 am

Arizal1 wrote:I also posted on Facebook about the game and I believe some of my friends could come.

Also, this is not really about advertising, more feedback about the game. It would be great to have more detailed descriptions of the political positions. I hope it wouldn't be a nightmare to write, but sometimes seeing only a single sentense to say what are the effects of what you are about to vote for seems a little bland.

Yeah, I think more detailed descriptions would be good. I think another great idea would be to maybe add a political compass and place where each party is. I reckon we could also have a set of questions at the beginning like NS do to determine your political positions. Perhaps with every election a new compass is given to show how party positions have changed. Thoughts?
Choice (Hutori)3883-3899
Choice Party

Postby Arizal1 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:19 pm

Choice Party wrote:

Yeah, I think more detailed descriptions would be good. I think another great idea would be to maybe add a political compass and place where each party is. I reckon we could also have a set of questions at the beginning like NS do to determine your political positions. Perhaps with every election a new compass is given to show how party positions have changed. Thoughts?

That's a very good idea! Just yesterday, my boyfriend was wondering if this game could have the additional benefit to let us know more about our political positions. It would certainly be fun to see our parties go all over the place (or bravely and stubbornly sticking at the same place during décades).
Arizal1

Postby Choice Party » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:30 pm

Arizal1 wrote:
Choice Party wrote:

That's a very good idea! Just yesterday, my boyfriend was wondering if this game could have the additional benefit to let us know more about our political positions. It would certainly be fun to see our parties go all over the place (or bravely and stubbornly sticking at the same place during décades).

Agreed. It may require some more coding, which as pointed out no longer takes place, but I'm pretty sure SOMETHING could be done. Even like if we were able to do an offline one on the official political compass test site or something, then somehow add the result of that into our profiles like premium players have their party flag in their profile.
Choice (Hutori)3883-3899
Choice Party

Postby Aquinas » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:55 pm

Interesting discussion this. Some points from me:

* The Party Comparison Page (accessible from the Nation Overview page) shows the political positions of each party, and how much parties vote with each other. On the Party Overview pages, you can see a little more about the Political Positions, as Visibility is included. There is also a column for Coherency, but that is pretty much meaningless these days and doesn't do anything. In an earlier phase in Particracy's history, Coherency was meant to punish parties which didn't vote in an ideologically consistent way, but from what I can recollect, all of that never really worked out in practice and ended up being effectively abandoned.

* There is no easy/quick way of seeing how a party has changed over time, although on the Party Overview page, you can see the bills a party has proposed. Going through that list can give you an idea of the party's history.

* Particracy does not have a Nation States system where, when you first join, you answer a few questions to help set your political positions. I would emphasise, though, that filling in the party description field is an opportunity for new players to communicate the character of their party to the existing players. Political Compass test results are sometimes listed there. I've known a few players who have gone so far as to list all of their preferences for all of the law options available in Particracy.

(As an aside, in the first nation I ever joined there was a custom for players to use the description field to give a short description of how their party views each of the other political parties in their nation. This could be very interesting and helpful. The custom of doing this has long since fallen into disuse across Particracy, but I personally think it had advantages.)

* In the past, players have created OOC bills for posting the results of Political Compass tests (and other such political tests/quizzes). Anyone is welcome to do this. A common thing has been for players to post the results both for the party they are role-playing and for themselves personally. The differences can be interesting!

If you are a real political anorak, you can also post Political Compass tests for different characters and/or factions within your party.
Aquinas

PreviousNext

Return to General