Let's Write a Book

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Let's Write a Book

Postby Aquinas » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:15 am

Go for it, Pale!
Aquinas

Postby EEL123 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:20 am

Yeah, go ahead.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Imperial Dark Rome » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:44 am

Sure, go ahead.

Just remember to add Davostag somewhere in there, because all the evil, chaos, and turmoil in Terra stems from the almighty Unholy Empire!

On a more serious note. Somethings may not have been recorded or are placed in hard to reach places such as the bill history page. (Shivers) Anyway, I can help add the Davostag stuff that may of been lost. Davostag had only a minor role in the First Great Majatran war, but we did unique stuff like the dumping of mass amounts of trash into the sea to kill off the food supply. Insignificant little stuff like that.
Satanic Republican Party
Imperial Dark Rome
Unholy Davostag Empire
Imperial Dark Rome

Postby EEL123 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:03 am

I just had a look at the stuff that you've done on the Wiki, Pale, and it's pretty impressively copious. I'm beginning to think that your book is not that far-fetched given your apparent propensity to catalogue huge amounts of information.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:09 am

Firstly, have you spoken to Wouter about this at all?

PaleRider wrote:In another one of my hair brain ideas I was thinking...well maybe in order to raise funds for the game we could write some books based on the RP's we've done. I mean it wouldn't be too hard, we have all the details and story lines. we would just would have to reorder and rewrite some events to make it flow and work but it sounds doable!

Just randomly raising funds for the game? To do what, exactly? What would the funds be directed to?
If you're thinking of further development, you should have probably contacted Wouter to ask him how much he would need, or what amount would matter.

PaleRider wrote:as for how to channel the money to Wouter I mean I lack knowledge of Belgian and EU laws but perhaps he could form a non-profit group run by him to handle the funds and such and he could promote this game as a political science education thing....however this could just be me fancifully thinking in a naïve fashion but thoughts?

You could just send him money over PayPal.

--

The idea of a book is great. I could see that being fun for us to read, and fun for new players to use to understand Terran history. However, the funding part still doesn't seem too clear.
Last edited by Siggon Kristov on Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby PaleRider » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:09 am

EEL123 wrote:I just had a look at the stuff that you've done on the Wiki, Pale, and it's pretty impressively copious. I'm beginning to think that your book is not that far-fetched given your apparent propensity to catalogue huge amounts of information.

Awww thanks EEL! you should come back to Zardugal sometime!
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby EEL123 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:26 am

PaleRider wrote:you should come back to Zardugal sometime!
Not sure if I'll be able to. Over the next two years I'm going to be working towards my HSC (i.e. SAT for you Americans, and A-levels for you Brits) and I'll probably only have time to lurk on the off-topic forums.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby PaleRider » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:17 am

EEL123 wrote:
PaleRider wrote:you should come back to Zardugal sometime!
Not sure if I'll be able to. Over the next two years I'm going to be working towards my HSC (i.e. SAT for you Americans, and A-levels for you Brits) and I'll probably only have time to lurk on the off-topic forums.

ya know, i blew off high school and my academics (still scored in the upper percentile of the SAT though) and now look where i am: a member of the worlds most powerful navy! Why not join the Australian Armed forces mate? We could work together sometime!!
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
PaleRider

Postby EEL123 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:07 pm

PaleRider wrote:ya know, i blew off high school and my academics (still scored in the upper percentile of the SAT though) and now look where i am: a member of the worlds most powerful navy! Why not join the Australian Armed forces mate?
Not everyone has the same career aspirations that you do, Pale. I'm hoping to get into law. In terms of marks required for admission, that is the most demanding subject on offer with the sole exception of medicine, especially if you want to do it at a good university (to get into law at Sydney, which I'm aiming for, you need to be in the 99.5th percentile of your grade). And plus I couldn't live with the discipline of the armed forces. I don't like to have people breathing down my neck all the time.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby PaleRider » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:06 pm

EEL123 wrote:
PaleRider wrote:ya know, i blew off high school and my academics (still scored in the upper percentile of the SAT though) and now look where i am: a member of the worlds most powerful navy! Why not join the Australian Armed forces mate?
Not everyone has the same career aspirations that you do, Pale. I'm hoping to get into law. In terms of marks required for admission, that is the most demanding subject on offer with the sole exception of medicine, especially if you want to do it at a good university (to get into law at Sydney, which I'm aiming for, you need to be in the 99.5th percentile of your grade). And plus I couldn't live with the discipline of the armed forces. I don't like to have people breathing down my neck all the time.

Well best of luck to you! I'll be sure to call you if i get in any trouble in Australia!
PaleRider

PreviousNext

Return to General