Terra Power and Development Index

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Terra Power and Development Index

Postby EEL123 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:28 pm

Well, a minor nation can still go Rambo on its neighbours if they also happen to be weak, or, perhaps better still, go Rambo on itself. You don't need to beat up the superpowers.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Afrocentric » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:58 pm

A smaller nation can certainly go rambo, but more than likely it would have to be based around economics. For instance, the oil crisis of the 1970s and subsequent embargo, would be an example of a smaller country (well countries) going "rambo" on the superpowers, albeit through economic means. So, lets say Solentia has oil and Rutania, Lodamun and Hulstria are importers. Solentia could cut off supply and then demand things in exchange for oil, practically screwing those countries over economically, because there is no way their economies would escape harm, if we're to be RPing realistically.

I think something along the lines of that is more realistic with this game, given the mindset of many players regarding military power in the international system. I also think we need more nations that sponsor terrorism and terrorist organizations; in fact let me take it a step further and say we need more terrorist organizations as well. External actors asserting their power on the system is good for the game.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby EEL123 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:04 am

Afrocentric wrote:I think something along the lines of that is more realistic with this game, given the mindset of many players regarding military power in the international system. I also think we need more nations that sponsor terrorism and terrorist organizations; in fact let me take it a step further and say we need more terrorist organizations as well. External actors asserting their power on the system is good for the game.
Hear, hear. People need to realise that you can throw your weight around without sending in the tanks.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby PaleRider » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:09 pm

Hmm interesting to see how this has evolved....some thoughts:

At the current moment there isnt a real superpower in PT. Indrala, who i think we all agree is the most powerful of nations in Terra is more of a first among equals with the other lesser but still prominent powers being Zardugal, Hulstria, and maybe one or two others. Fact is for international power i based that off of frequent RP particpation or news making in general. Luthori currently has a low ranking bc of the crap that happened that caused Matthus to cortisone and the fact that RP fell off a cliff for the nation.
Honestly in cases of ranking power it should be noted that i did heavily factor in prior RP.

I do believe my rather poorly slapped together Development Index can be scuttled.

I do agree with agree with Afro and EEL about the whole we can make international RP better and not just through war. unfortunately most states are occupied with domestic squabbles preventing an outward looking foreign policy.

On an unrelated note: PLEASE HELP ME IN ZARDUGAL!!!! Ive got three crazy a** parties there who are wrecking everything ive so tediously built! Help will be most graciously rewarded and appreciated!
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby EEL123 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:51 am

There is nothing particularly unfortunate about states being embroiled with their own problems. Internal RP can be interesting as well. You don't need to go to war, be generally provocative, or endlessly bitch about what some other country is doing.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby PaleRider » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:05 pm

Given the moderate return of power politics and some activity to Terra from a few nations, i think this would be a good time to bring back this idea. Modified as it were, and given the intense regionalization of most power, i think some communal form of agreement can be made over the power of nations based on recent RP activity.
FOR CLARITY'S SAKE: THIS IS ONLY FOR RANKING NATIONS BASED ON POWER

POWER INDEX:
Superpowers- have global reach and influence worldwide and can overpower a coalition of nations.
-none-

HIGH POWER- nations that can be considered regional hegemons and exert some degree of influence beyond their borders
Indrala
Vanuku
Luthori
Dorvik
Zardugal

LOW HIGH POWER- nations that can successfully challenge the local status quo and/or influence events abroad in some limited fashion
Dankuk
Dundorf
Hulstria and Gao Soto

MIDDLE POWER NATIONS- regional power players but lack the heft and influence of other nations, marginal influence on broad international issues
Deltaria
Kafuristan
Cildania
Selucia
Barmenia
Rutania
Aloria
Baltusia
Rildanor
Solentia
Hutori
Tukarali
Aldegar
Saridan
Solentia
Gaduridos

LOWER MIDDLE POWER- sub-regional players, lack heft or influence abroad
Narkitan and Darnussia
Kalopia
Istalia
Kundrati
Endralon
Davostag
Kazulia
Sekowo
New Endralon
Trigunia
Egelion
Likatonia
Kalistan
Valruzia
Hobrazia
Kanjor
Keymon
Lodamun

LOW POWER NATIONS- barely regional players, some marginal local influence at best
Malivia
Jakania
Pontesi
Beiteynu
Lourenne
Telemon
Dolgaria
Mordusia
Alduria
Kirlawa

VERY LOW POWER- virtually no influence abroad, internal instability, no one watches them for any world event
Talmoria
Vorona
Al'Badara
Ibutho
Last edited by PaleRider on Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
PaleRider

Postby Aquinas » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:12 pm

:shock: Hey, Pale - you missed out Alduria!!

To be honest, I don't really know where we would fit in in this power index thing. Probably low-ranking at the moment because we're still recovering from the conflict with Luthori. But hopefully with the potential to rise higher over the years ahead.

Oh, and Chief Mlungisi, if he was still alive, would insist Ibutho is Terra's superpower, despite all evidence to the contrary ;)...
Aquinas

Postby PaleRider » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:23 pm

Aquinas wrote::shock: Hey, Pale - you missed out Alduria!!

To be honest, I don't really know where we would fit in in this power index thing. Probably low-ranking at the moment because we're still recovering from the conflict with Luthori. But hopefully with the potential to rise higher over the years ahead.

Oh, and Chief Mlungisi, if he was still alive, would insist Ibutho is Terra's superpower, despite all evidence to the contrary ;)...

Thank you for pointing that out! And im sure we'll take the good chiefs advice any day haha! Anyways I agree, the damage done by the rebellion and the occupation has severely hampered development in Alduria. Depending on things play out, there's lots of room to move up on the spectrum here.
PaleRider

Postby CanadianEh » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:40 pm

I really like this new one,

I think Baltusia is right were it needs to be currently. :D

One thing, you forgot Kirlawa.
Kirlawa Liberals - Inactive
Baltusia Conservatives - Inactive
Rutanian Democratic Party - Inactive
Conservative Party of Luthori - Active

In all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom -- John Locke
CanadianEh

Postby Aquinas » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:52 pm

Gaduridos is also missing from the list. I would have imagined Gaduridos to have some extra influence because of its permanent seat on the Security Council of the Collective Security & Co-operation Union.

I also imagined Trigunia to be higher up the power index, because it's meant to have nuclear weapons and a powerful military (or so I've always presumed, anyway...).
Aquinas

PreviousNext

Return to General