Full Game Reset

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Full Game Reset

Postby Fred » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:17 pm

Zanz wrote:
Polites wrote:
PaleRider wrote:Zanz- Do you honestly care about pre-3200?

Honestly its just not worth remember it

Much more interesting things happened pre-3200.

Indeed. Solentia alone from 2400 - 3000 was, in my opinion, more interestingly played than most of Terra put together now, in my opinion.

+1
Fred

Postby MichaelReilly » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:48 pm

To sum up: it won't be done, it can't be done and it shouldn't be done.

Furthermore, this idea of 'putting previous RPs' into the new histories is a virtual impossibility.
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

Postby PaleRider » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:42 pm

EEL- simply holding onto something that quite frankly doesnt even matter any more doesnt make sense. Why does it matter whether or not those events are kept?

Michael Rielly- I simply do not understand the deep opposition you have to this idea. In your view why cant it be done? And how would it be impossible to move prior RP events and fudge the dates a bit and put them in a sensible order.

For the record im just trying to track down who stands where on this proposal:

For- PaleRider, Siggon

Against- Michael Reilly and Zongxian

Undecided- EEL, Aquanis, Zanz (though i feel your against), Fred, Polities
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby LNRulez01 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:42 pm

MichaelReilly wrote:To sum up: it won't be done, it can't be done and it shouldn't be done.

Furthermore, this idea of 'putting previous RPs' into the new histories is a virtual impossibility.

I partially agree with Michael on this one. Although it would be fairly easy to change the game code to allow a reset, Wouter will never ever in a million years reset the game. If i'm not mistaken, the reset option has been debated several times before and everytime it has been rejected by both the majority of active players and by Wouter. Besides, resetting the game wont solve the core problem and that is the development , or lack thereof, of the game and i dont see that getting solved anytime soon (unless Wouter wins the jackpot and decides to invest further in the game :lol: )
- It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal,engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Sun Tzu, 6th century BC
LNRulez01

Postby Fred » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:04 pm

EEL- simply holding onto something that quite frankly doesnt even matter any more doesnt make sense. Why does it matter whether or not those events are kept?

Because they do matter. Simply because you do not see this does not alter it.

Undecided- ... Fred

I am not undecided. I am firmly against - as I said the last time someone attempted to flog this dead horse.
Fred

Postby Zanz » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:07 pm

PaleRider wrote:Undecided- [...] Zanz (though i feel your against)

I also, to be clear, am against this idea. I am in support of the work done in the vein Polites has pursued: isolated "resets" (if you will, though "reformations" is closer to what I see it as) of nations to bring them more into line with the rest of the game. I am against wholesale resets that disregard the hours of work done by people before.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby LNRulez01 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:19 pm

Zanz wrote:
PaleRider wrote:Undecided- [...] Zanz (though i feel your against)

I also, to be clear, am against this idea. I am in support of the work done in the vein Polites has pursued: isolated "resets" (if you will, though "reformations" is closer to what I see it as) of nations to bring them more into line with the rest of the game. I am against wholesale resets that disregard the hours of work done by people before.

This might not surprise you, but i fully support Zanz's statement.
- It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal,engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Sun Tzu, 6th century BC
LNRulez01

Postby EEL123 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:07 am

PaleRider wrote:simply holding onto something that quite frankly doesnt even matter any more doesnt make sense.
It doesn't matter to you. Other people probably think otherwise. You, especially given that you weren't there at the time, have absolutely no right to arrogate the authority to make decisions over what matters and what doesn't. If you don't value your contributions to RP, you can wipe them yourself, but speak for yourself, not everyone else.

PaleRider wrote:Undecided- EEL, Aquanis, Zanz (though i feel your against), Fred, Polities
I'm not sure what you don't get, but I think I've been pretty clear on this issue. To quote Margaret Thatcher, "No, no, no!"
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Polites » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:10 am

PaleRider wrote:Undecided ... Polities

Sorry mate, but I'm strongly against.
Polites

Postby salve311 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:25 pm

Against this. I enjoyed Zanz, Meritocracy and Solentia's Old Guards RP. I honestly would say that when you said that "its not worth remembering ", it just spits on the works of those before. Just my thought Pale.
"Rocking Solentia since 3380"
"Socio-capitalism is the way"
salve311

Previous

Return to General