Particracy Tips to success

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Particracy Tips to success

Postby bassboykn » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:00 pm

Hey, I'm new to Particracy, been playing for about a month now. I get the general basics of the game and have managed to win elections and to all that obvious stuff.

But I was just wondering, does anyone have a certain strategy/method of playing that gives them successful results. I've noticed that some players I've played with, who have more experience, are able to retain a constantly high seat count, where as mine fluctuates or decreases significantly each election. I was wondering, are there any tips people can give? I'm all for trying new things out and I've tried several different things so far - I'm wondering whether to use the Demograhpics page to try and appeal to each region in a specific way.

Is it just luck and I'm looking too much into it? Or is there more I could know that might help?

(If there is already a page dedicated to this kind of stuff then please feel free to direct me there! :D)
bassboykn

Re: Particracy Tips to success

Postby Aquinas » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:21 pm

Welcome to the game and the forum, bassboy! Which nation are you playing in, out of interest?

You will tend to maximise your vote by maintaining high visibility levels (see the Political Positions section of your party page), which you will achieve by making sure you propose lots of Bills and vote on lots of Bills. It helps to adopt distinctive political positions relative to the other political parties, as well. When it comes to Head of State elections, remember parties have the option to "endorse" each others candidates - so exploit that to your political advantage when you can!

But if you want my honest advice, if you want the most enjoyment from the game, then stop worrying about how well you perform at elections and just immerse yourself in the role-play of your party, developing your party and its characters as fully as you can. Just accept the reality that you will probably have elections where you perform suckily and other elections where you do brilliantly. Also bear in mind that the actual *influence* your party wields in political terms will often depend more upon the alliances/relationships it has developed with the other political parties. These alliances/relationships will determine whether you get Bills passed and get seats in the Cabinet. On the other hand, you could win 49% of the vote and still not get a single Bill passed or have a single seat at the Cabinet table.
Aquinas

Postby bassboykn » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:09 am

Thank you for your reply! I'm currently playing as the Conservative Party in the Imperial Republic of Aloria.

Thank you for the advice, I do RP as much as possible and I find that I enjoy the game more as I go along doing that! - I was just curious :)

I also set up a wikia page for my nation with a history and all that! http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Imperi ... e_Republic (Not finished just yet - but it's a start).

Thank you once again
bassboykn

Postby Afrocentric » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:01 pm

BTW, if you need help developing the Wiki, I'd be more than happy to help you with it.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:05 am

Aquinas wrote:But if you want my honest advice, if you want the most enjoyment from the game, then stop worrying about how well you perform at elections and just immerse yourself in the role-play of your party, developing your party and its characters as fully as you can.

Agreed.
If everyone played to match the nation's positions on issues, then everyone would be voting the same way on every bill and the game would be boring.
I remember when more of my Jamaican colleagues were playing, and one said that he would just look at the people's opinions and match them. We told him it's a bad idea because everyone will end up doing the same after realising that he is doing it. Maybe there will be one odd guy out who keeps his own positions, and that person could come out as having the largest party. Sadly, this still wouldn't matter because it's unlikely he would have a majority and the players who collectively match the popular opinions of the country will have a majority together to keep the laws the same way forever.

Aquinas wrote:Just accept the reality that you will probably have elections where you perform suckily and other elections where you do brilliantly.

It gets boring when the laws are fully under your control. Playing a minor party or opposition party gets really fun.
You can criticise the government, bill outcomes are less predictable, and you have to work harder to get support for your proposals.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Dynastia » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:31 am

Siggon, you're wrong. Voter apathy is modeled ingame, so if there was a nation with seven parties who all pandered to the exact same majority opinions and had been at it for a while, their voter turnout would be miserable. I could march in and take a simple majority all by myself, by setting my stances to the relative opposite of theirs.
Dynastia

Postby Siggon Kristov » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:44 am

Dynastia wrote:Siggon, you're wrong.

About what?

Dynastia wrote:Voter apathy is modeled ingame, so if there was a nation with seven parties who all pandered to the exact same majority opinions and had been at it for a while, their voter turnout would be miserable. I could march in and take a simple majority all by myself, by setting my stances to the relative opposite of theirs.

Where did I dispute any of this?
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby MichaelReilly » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:56 pm

Whatever happened to folk?

Zanz? Farsun? Khaler? J94CK?

This place is dying man...

(Although positive Mike's still here to make you all feel better about the world)
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

Postby Afrocentric » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:23 am

MichaelReilly wrote:Whatever happened to folk?

(Although positive Mike's still here to make you all feel better about the world)

Nahh...the game is fairly stable. Seems to me the RP element has certainly dried up in the past month and a half and the newbies we do get are oblivious to the fact we actually have a forum and what not.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby Zanz » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:02 am

MichaelReilly wrote:Whatever happened to folk?

Still around though not playing atm. Far too busy with my last semester of undergrad to play in any useful role.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Next

Return to General