Voting Systems in Particracy - Any difference?

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Voting Systems in Particracy - Any difference?

Postby bassboykn » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:36 am

Just a quick post about the Voting Systems in the game.

So here are the three options that can be used to determine the number of seats each region receives in the national legislature:

*A pseudo-proportional algorithm that gives considerable advantage to smaller regions.
*A proportional algorithm that gives a very small advantage to larger regions
*Equal representation, regardless of region population.

I've looked at election results from nations that use all of the above and I can honestly say that I can't tell the difference between any of the systems with regards to the number of seats each province gives or the percentage that each player receives from each province with how many votes they get.

It seems each system is a Proportional Representation system by which the percentage of seats a party wins from a province is the same as their percentage of votes.

Is this a feature that hasn't been finished (And most likely never will be), or am I missing something?

To be fair - a greater description of what each system is would have been a good idea.

Thanks,
Bassboy
bassboykn

Re: Voting Systems in Particracy - Any difference?

Postby EEL123 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:03 am

In the old days, different regions had sustantially different populations, so there would have been a substantial difference (although they all still used proportional representation). However, as a result of population growth, the populations got too ridiculously high, and so it was decided that every region would have 20 million people, so the apportionment system doesn't really matter anymore.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby bassboykn » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:04 pm

Ah I see!

Thank you for your reply!
bassboykn

Postby Aquinas » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:26 am

I think someone who knows the game well, has time on their hands and is in the right mood should draw up an FAQ to help new players with these sorts of questions. Then Amazeroth can sticky it, and it'll be there for reference.
Aquinas

Postby bassboykn » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:43 pm

I agree! Before coming here, I did personally check the Wiki and searched through the forum, without much luck.

It would probably also be good if someone could sort out the wiki pages to all the features in the game that have a "[?]" link next to them that takes them to their wiki page. For example, each specific Political Position in the Particracy spectrum has a link to a wiki page, but none of them are finished. Maybe once I get more of a grasp of the game, which I'm really starting to get the hang of, I might attempt it myself.

Just a suggestion though. :)
bassboykn

Postby Siggon Kristov » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:36 pm

Aquinas wrote:I think someone who knows the game well, has time on their hands and is in the right mood should draw up an FAQ to help new players with these sorts of questions. Then Amazeroth can sticky it, and it'll be there for reference.

This wasn't a FAQ.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Return to General