How To Fix Your Economy

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

How To Fix Your Economy

Postby 5enator » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:08 pm

So before I took office in Vorona, the government budget was so bloated that it accounted for 100% of GDP. This meant huge deficit (99.8% of GDP deficit), huge debt and huge unemployment (100%). I thought it natural to edit the budget to something less spectacular, and did so to represent ~50% of revenue at the time. I had hoped that consumption would rapidly grow, outnumbering the size of the government in terms of proportion of GDP; but the adverse effect took place. Revenue spiraled down to 1/700th of its previous size and the current budget is 0.15% of its previous size as well. GDP per capita is at like $0.87 from $609. I have no idea what to do anymore, because consumption will never rise and unemployment will never fall from unreal numbers.

Help me, please, anyone? What can I do?
[ 8.88 | -6.15 ]
~Libertarian Minarchist~
~Voronan Libertarian Party~
5enator

Re: How To Fix Your Economy

Postby Siggon Kristov » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:39 am

The unemployment is static. It won't change ever again.
Government spending does not affect consumption. Taxes affect consumption.
Since everyone is unemployed, no-one has an income, so they can't spend any money on income or pay taxes.

GDP = Government Spending + Consumption
Your consumption will never pass 0, as I explained above.
If you cut your government spending, obviously your GDP will fall as well. Your government spending is the only thing contributing to your GDP.

The only source of revenue is Corporation Tax.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby EEL123 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:27 am

More generally, the Particracy economic system is sort of screwed up.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby 5enator » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:10 pm

amend pls :<

edit; can a moderator not just change my nation's unemployment to something much lower (5-7%) as to fix the whole issue here?
[ 8.88 | -6.15 ]
~Libertarian Minarchist~
5enator

Postby Siggon Kristov » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:43 pm

5enator wrote:can a moderator not just change my nation's unemployment to something much lower (5-7%) as to fix the whole issue here?

No, I don't think a moderator can. Look, not every nation can be normal.
Incorporate the dire economic situation into RP.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Zanz » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:30 pm

To verify, moderation can not change unemployment levels. As EEL pointed out, the economic system of Particracy is generally broken, and cannot be fixed without Wouter's continued development of the game, which looks unlikely at least for the foreseeable future.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby 5enator » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:27 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:
5enator wrote:can a moderator not just change my nation's unemployment to something much lower (5-7%) as to fix the whole issue here?

No, I don't think a moderator can. Look, not every nation can be normal.
Incorporate the dire economic situation into RP.

Well yeah, but after 2000 years of the same old story can we not finally have a lighter, possibly wealthier, situation? I don't know, you know. Perhaps totally scrapping the idea of relying on Wouter's continued development of the broken economic module we rely on user-created files that help give a general idea of how well (or not) our economy is faring-- like, with unemployment figures that are actually mobile and dependent on certain factors.

~looks at siggon~
[ 8.88 | -6.15 ]
~Libertarian Minarchist~
5enator

Postby EEL123 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:37 am

5enator wrote:Perhaps totally scrapping the idea of relying on Wouter's continued development of the broken economic module we rely on user-created files that help give a general idea of how well (or not) our economy is faring-- like, with unemployment figures that are actually mobile and dependent on certain factors.
Yeah, we can ignore some of it. The functional bits can be kept.
House of Razama
EEL123

Return to General