Lodamun's System

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Is Lodamun's system difficult to understand?

Yes, I don't understand it.
20%
No, I understood that the President is both HoS and HoG.
80%

Total votes : 10

Re: Lodamun's System

Postby van16 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:25 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:
van16 wrote:Are you really that pressed that you have to do this? You are a sad little man.

Pressed? No. Upset? No.
I'm asking a simple question to the rest of the community.
Maybe Lodamun's setup was difficult to understand. I just wanted to know. What's wrong with that?

I don't remember signing anything saying I will agree to play by the rules that you have made clear this game must be played. You do and say things that are dirty and then act like you did nothing. Cant win when you play dirty honey!

I am convinced that because I am not into RP you are determined to just make playing this game miserable for me until I leave.
van16

Postby v2two » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:32 pm

Also playing in Lodamun, I have to say that Siggon's question didn't seem aggressive or mean? Just sounded like he was genuinely worried that new players (like me) wouldn't understand the dynamics. I understood that system (although had a hard time catching on other parts of Lodamun), but I like the uniqueness of Lodamun and the high value of RP there. It's not like it involves much additional work, just checking out the Wiki and older bills.

Anyway to the question: I had no problem with that system, or understanding it. But Lodamun's religion, that I now get, took me a little while! I couldn't find much about it on the Lodamun Wiki page and there wasn't an old bill (I think) about it, but I'm caught up now after that one incident!
v2two

Postby Siggon Kristov » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:41 pm

I'm not even sure how this response has anything to do with what I said, or this thread. All I'm asking, in the thread, is whether it is obvious that the President is both HoS and HoG. It's a yes/no thing, not a "Please insert emotional rants here" thing.

Let me address your last post anyway...
van16 wrote:I don't remember signing anything saying I will agree to play by the rules that you have made clear this game must be played.

What rules did I claim that the game must be played by?
Please elaborate. I would appreciate it if you gave examples (somewhere else, like in the Game Moderation forum, because you're taking this thread off-topic).

van16 wrote:You do and say things that are dirty and then act like you did nothing.

I would appreciate it if you quoted examples (somewhere else, like in the Game Moderation forum, because you're taking this thread off-topic).

van16 wrote:Cant win when you play dirty honey!

This is a game about politics :lol:
Anyway, even with saying that, I don't know what you're talking about.

van16 wrote:I am convinced that because I am not into RP you are determined to just make playing this game miserable for me until I leave.

How am I making the game miserable for you? Again, I would appreciate it if you quoted examples (somewhere else, like in the Game Moderation forum, because you're taking this thread off-topic). I haven't said anything about you being "into RP" or not. I'm not doing some elaborate RP like some players do. My characters simply engage your characters in debates about the law variables that we can change in the game. This is the lowest level of RP, and it's all I have been doing so far, and you have been doing it as well, haven't you?

--

v2two wrote:Anyway to the question: I had no problem with that system, or understanding it.

And yay, another player replies. I'm glad, especially because this player is new. I'm also glad because my characters treat his characters horribly, and it is obvious in the newspaper and in bill debates. I think he knows the difference between in-character and out-of-character interactions.

The only thing he didn't catch on with was the religion, which is perfectly understandable because it's more of a state ideology posed as a religion (like in the DPRK) than a typical theistic religion. Did I message him out-of-character or say anything out-of-character to him about it? Nope. Our entire interactions on the matter of the religion were in-character. My characters had a standoff with his, and it never crossed over from characters to players.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Demitreus » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:33 am

It's not really difficult to understand, no. I remember thinking it was a bit odd and probably an unrectified relic the first couple of times I scrolled through it on the Nations list, but when I actually looked on the nation page it became obvious. I wouldn't be particularly keen on it myself because I'd much rather still see the President's name in the HoS section, but I guess you're making the best of a bad job and if you want a South African-style mixed republic then there's not much else you can do.

I don't see anything insulting in Siggon's post btw. A couple of sentences could possibly be construed as a little patronising at a stretch, but that's it.
Demitreus

Postby Siggon Kristov » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:09 am

Demitreus wrote:I wouldn't be particularly keen on it myself because I'd much rather still see the President's name in the HoS section, but I guess you're making the best of a bad job and if you want a South African-style mixed republic then there's not much else you can do.

Thank you for your response. As you said, I'm just trying to make the best of the game's limits by working around them.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Previous

Return to General