Ho hum...some pics of Terra from space.

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Ho hum...some pics of Terra from space.

Postby delkana84 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:13 am

As a long time on-and-off-again Particracy player, here is my graphical tribute to the game. :)
See if you can spot your country---my apologies if the climates do not conform exactly to simulation canon. (and also sorry, the whole world isn't finished yet)

Link to the imgur gallery for better viewing: http://imgur.com/a/PCfCR
UPDATED!!! -- FULL MAP (WORK IN PROGRESS): http://i.imgur.com/bW5SlYL.gif

Last edited by delkana84 on Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
delkana84

Re: Ho hum...some pics of Terra from space.

Postby EEL123 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:26 am

OMG, that is awesome. How did you do it?
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby delkana84 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:07 am

EEL123 wrote:OMG, that is awesome. How did you do it?

Thanks! :)

1. Make a map outlining the continents and islands.
2. Shade in the oceans and any lakes/seas blue.
3. Jigsaw puzzle in screenshots of actual Google Earth terrain for the landmasses. Airbrush/erase the edges for smooth transitions.
4. Import into Google Earth as an image overlay.
5. Activate day/night cycle and weather:clouds in Google Earth for added ambience.

Here is another screenshot I added to the imgur gallery of southern Majatra in non-globe format. (with borders!)
I will take requests if anyone wants to see a higher resolution image of a specific country.

delkana84

Postby MichaelReilly » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:49 pm

Jesus, that's absolutely fantastic. One of the greatest, if not the greatest, pieces of Particracy-related works I've ever seen.
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:19 pm

MichaelReilly wrote:Jesus, that's absolutely fantastic. One of the greatest, if not the greatest, pieces of Particracy-related works I've ever seen.

Agreed. :shock:

delkana84 wrote:I will take requests if anyone wants to see a higher resolution image of a specific country.

The in-game international community, i.e. the GNRG, would like to see a close-up of Lodamun :D
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby delkana84 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:16 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:
MichaelReilly wrote:Jesus, that's absolutely fantastic. One of the greatest, if not the greatest, pieces of Particracy-related works I've ever seen.

delkana84 wrote:I will take requests if anyone wants to see a higher resolution image of a specific country.

The in-game international community, i.e. the GNRG, would like to see a close-up of Lodamun :D

Thanks for all the support!

Lodamun: Rejoice brothers and sisters! For your country is a diverse and varied land. Let us travel from the mountains and valleys of the south and southeast, to the fertile coastal regions of the northeast, and onward to the arid drylands of the west, and back again to a metropolitan capital of Daro sitting astride the central sea. The people of Lodamun inhabit a landmass featuring biomes similar to that of Earth's South Africa or Australia, or so it would seem. The northern cape could also be point of historical significance, I suppose. Farming is commonplace in the southern valleys, perhaps.

delkana84

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:25 pm

delkana84 wrote:
Siggon Kristov wrote:

Thanks for all the support!

Lodamun: Rejoice brothers and sisters! For your country is a diverse and varied land. Let us travel from the mountains and valleys of the south and southeast, to the fertile coastal regions of the northeast, and onward to the arid drylands of the west, and back again to a metropolitan capital of Daro sitting astride the central sea. The people of Lodamun inhabit a landmass featuring biomes similar to that of Earth's South Africa or Australia, or so it would seem. The northern cape could also be point of historical significance, I suppose. Farming is commonplace in the southern valleys, perhaps.

An older player wrote in the wiki that the South was hilly and the West was all foresty.
This is still way better than the old terrain stuff. I wish it was done earlier. It could be used if there was ever a reset.

By the way, we moved the capital to the coast =P
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby delkana84 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:38 pm

I thought it would just be nice to have something to look at that gave a general sense of the world beyond the political map; the maps and descriptions of the countries that did exist were kind of a hodge-podge collection of self contained worlds. Again, I didn't spend time delving into every wiki page and every country page to get the details right -- that would take forever and would involve a lot of arguing about details. Those pages that I did look at had a disproportionate number of countries having nothing more than hills/forest/plains/mountains. I realized quickly that I was making a completely green and blue world and decided to vary it up while trying to keep the general character of the regions (your typical foresty/mountainy country might have 30% desert, drylands, or tundra now).
delkana84

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:49 pm

It was a good project, and we could use it instead of the current stuff on the wikis. We could RP from the current stage to what's on this map. Earthquakes, deforestation, whatever else. Thanks, dude.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Afrocentric » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:55 pm

You think you could post a pic of Artania?

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Next

Return to General