Graphic Re-design Suggestions for Particracy Classic

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Should Particracy Classic get a graphic re-design?

Absolutely
50%
Yes
20%
No
30%

Total votes : 20

Re: Graphic Re-design Suggestions for Particracy Classic

Postby Afrocentric » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:10 pm

If you don't support a re-design, you support terrorism. Don't let the terrorists win!!!

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby GreekIdiot » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:51 pm

Looks like the general feel of the situation spans from "I don't care" to "sure that sounds interesting - what?".
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby EEL123 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:58 pm

I see limited need for a redesign. I wouldn't object to one (provided it doesn't shut down the game for prolonged periods of time), but nor would I be particularly enthusiastic for one. I would be more interested in tweaking the game mechanics, although of course that isn't in the purview of this thread (and it probably wouldn't happen anyway).
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby GreekIdiot » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:04 pm

EEL123 wrote:I see limited need for a redesign. I wouldn't object to one (provided it doesn't shut down the game for prolonged periods of time), but nor would I be particularly enthusiastic for one. I would be more interested in tweaking the game mechanics, although of course that isn't in the purview of this thread (and it probably wouldn't happen anyway).

Altering the front-end part of any website is relatively easy. Plus, no need to shut down the game at any time. Of course, some mock-ups and drafts would give everyone a better view of the subject at hand - as I am using the left-sideview of the menu, I am currently working on that: this will hopefully provide a glimpse of how the rest should be formed.

BTW, EEL123, prepare for war. I will not tolerate my Kalopians ruled by any Queranzarian scum.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby Opakidabar » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:16 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:
Opakidabar wrote:I would prefer a change to ways bills are proposed. Having to add proposal one by one (say for your religious bill) and always scrolling down to find that f..ing section is quite annoying.
Instead if one could just tick all the issues (with the chosen option) they want to add to bill at once..

I don't think you read the original post properly.
This is about the graphic design, not the entire user interface.
GreekIdiot wrote:Changes would involve graphical appearance and not functionality. Everything will remain as it is, the buttons and processes at their rightful place, in their respective order.

Man, that is what I am saying, dont care of graphics, prefer functionality :)
Opakidabar

Postby GreekIdiot » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:18 pm

Op, graphically speaking, it's 100% possible to fix the problem you described. Categories and buttons! No scrolling necessary. Or even tabs.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby Aquinas » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:27 pm

A graphic re-design, provided it is done well, could only be a good thing, and I would support it. Did you have any specific suggestions in mind, GreekIdiot?

What I'm somewhat doubtful about is how practical this would be, given the much-commented-upon complexity/instability of Particracy's programming code. And, of course, whether Wouter would have the time, interest, money and/or whatever else would be needed to make it happen.
Aquinas

Postby GreekIdiot » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:31 pm

Aquinas wrote:A graphic re-design, provided it is done well, could only be a good thing, and I would support it. Did you have any specific suggestions in mind, GreekIdiot?

What I'm somewhat doubtful about is how practical this would be, given the much-commented-upon complexity/instability of Particracy's programming code. And, of course, whether Wouter would have the time, interest, money and/or whatever else would be needed to make it happen.

It's basically us creating the CSS and applying the proper HTML for it (me starting, anybody else capable free to jump in). Of course, it will always have to go through Wouter, but I don't see any reason for him saying no: after all it's the community loving something he created so much that they are willing to give back to it in order to help improve it. Yes, I do have specific suggestions in mind - a flat-google+ style based design, for now. I am currently on photoshop creating it - as soon as it's worth viewing I'll post it here.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby soysauce » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:33 pm

Aquinas wrote:A graphic re-design, provided it is done well,.

Exactly, it needs to be done well, a quick job might make things worse,

It's basically us creating the CSS and applying the proper HTML for it (me starting, anybody else capable free to jump in). Of course, it will always have to go through Wouter, but I don't see any reason for him saying no: after all it's the community loving something he created so much that they are willing to give back to it in order to help improve it. Yes, I do have specific suggestions in mind - a flat-google+ style based design, for now. I am currently on photoshop creating it - as soon as it's worth viewing I'll post it here.
Is the CSS going to work with the PHP?
soysauce

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:52 pm

Opakidabar wrote:
Siggon Kristov wrote:
Opakidabar wrote:I would prefer a change to ways bills are proposed. Having to add proposal one by one (say for your religious bill) and always scrolling down to find that f..ing section is quite annoying.
Instead if one could just tick all the issues (with the chosen option) they want to add to bill at once..

I don't think you read the original post properly.
This is about the graphic design, not the entire user interface.
GreekIdiot wrote:Changes would involve graphical appearance and not functionality. Everything will remain as it is, the buttons and processes at their rightful place, in their respective order.

Man, that is what I am saying, dont care of graphics, prefer functionality :)

But this is about graphics, not functionality.

GreekIdiot wrote:Op, graphically speaking, it's 100% possible to fix the problem you described. Categories and buttons! No scrolling necessary. Or even tabs.

No scrolling necessary? Please elaborate on how this would look.
I'm pretty content with the way Particracy is now. The extremely simple layout (nothing but text, minor images, and some tables of text on a page) makes it easier to load when I'm using a mobile device. I'm afraid some of these new changes would cause it to take significantly longer to load on my mobile device.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

PreviousNext

Return to General