Artanian Union OOC

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Artanian Union OOC

Postby CanadianEh » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:35 pm

Yea Lucca is hard to play with some times, I see it this way, we have 8 parties in Kirlawa right now 5/8 are part of my coalition, we have government but that won't let us pass treaties especially when he is convincing all of the lefts and sometimes all of the rights. To vote against treaties the only one that got past was the FIFA Cup.
Kirlawa Liberals - Inactive
Baltusia Conservatives - Inactive
Rutanian Democratic Party - Inactive
Conservative Party of Luthori - Active

In all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom -- John Locke
CanadianEh

Postby Corvo Attano » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:59 pm

So I am totally gonna try to make the rejuvenated malivian imperium leave this corrupt union.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Farsun » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:50 am

I have invited the Dundorfian back to the organization as they resigned their membership in it, I am hoping that we can bring them back into the fold. I have also asked Afro-American to share in the OOC administrative duties of the AU seeing as they are far too great for myself to handle alone. I believe with Afro and I as OOC administrators of the organization that we can do some serious damage and make this whole thing awesome!

I wanted to also discuss OOCly how the members felt about creating the Artanian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) essentially a regional infrastructure bank which nations would commit capital to each year from their Ministry of Finance budget to give grants to certain projects throughout the Artanian Union member states and even potentially non-member states when they are in need of assistance from their Artanian brothern.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Farsun » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:19 pm

I also would like to discuss the re-organization of the Artanian Union. As it stands right now the Artanian Union is heavily modeled off the European Union and that requires a lot of management. I believe that we were a bit overzealous and when I had originally started the project I had a few others who were interested in the calculations and upkeep of that type of stuff but right now it seems a little bit much and could definitely impact the organization. I would like to move towards another model that would definitely make some nations happier ICly as well as OOCly because it eliminates some of the current management of the system that we have.

What I am proposing is that we can the structure to be the follow:

Supreme Artanian Council (SAC) - Appointed representatives from each member state, traditionally would be a deputy head of government or another appointee. The SAC would have responsibility of oversight of the entire Artanian Union and would be responsible for the approval of the budget of the Artanian Union, the setting of rules and policies regarding the hiring of the Board of the Artanian Commission and the overall oversight basically of the entire Artanian Union. The Presidency would be rotated among its members alphabetically on a 2 year basis. The SAC would replace the current Executive Council of the Artanian Union, the role of President of the SAC would be nominally ceremonial and would be more steering the overall direction that the AU wants to go by checking the Board of the Artanian Commission.

Board of the Artanian Commission (BAC) - The Board of the Artanian Commission would basically be the day-to-day operators of the Artanian Union, one commissioner from each member state in a variety of different positions. These positions could be decided on but for sake of ease it could easily be correlated to the current ministry positions that exist within the game already for 1) sake of ease and 2) theres a large number of them. Of course with 13 countries that means if we get every member state they could have one position on the commission. The Board of the Artanian Commission would be elected for a period of five years, which is renewable once and the position of Chairman/woman of the Board is chosen by the SAC, the Chairman/woman cannot renew their term.

Court of the Artanian Union (CAU) - The Court of the Artanian Union would be a supranational court of the Artanian Union designed to solve trade disputes and overall all disputes between member nations, each member state would submit 2 judge from their nation to the Court of the Artanian Union. These judges would have a term of ten years and cannot be renewed, they would be appointed and approved by the SAC.

Those three would be the primary pillars of the new, re-structured Artanian Union. The fourth pillar that I would love to add as it would add some immense depth to the game would be the creation of the Artanian Infrastructure Development Bank. I think that each of us could contribute capital to it and ensure that we can develop some awesome, RP-based infrastructure projects. I think it would be tremendous for us all.

Overall we would eliminate the need for a lot of OOC oversight of the organization besides naming and stuff like that. Please let me know what you think.
Farsun

Postby Afrocentric » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:22 pm

Wouldn't it be easier to combine the SAC with the BAC? You reduce the workload and make it even more streamlined approach. Also, I think an investment bank would be a great thing to do.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby Farsun » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:10 pm

Well the point of the SAC is really just the oversight of the BAC and the entire AU to ensure that it doesnt impinge too much on the sovereignty of nations.
Farsun

Previous

Return to General