Helping Pale Help PT (Vascania and Squibble)

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Helping Pale Help PT (Vascania and Squibble)

Postby PaleRider » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:11 pm

In what I would consider to be one of my most ambitious projects, I am trying to come up with some form of cultural/historical/political protocol for Vascania and Squibble. Now I know that Squibble is loosely Africa based and Vascania is loosely India/South Asia based. I've been scavaging the Wiki looking for help and my research into these cultural groups makes me more confused than clear. That being said, given how important this would be to everyone in PT (whether pro-colonialist or not) I ask my fellow players for assistance. My current eye is set on developing Vascania first. Please comment and bring ideas as to how I can successfully divide the culture and ethnic groups over there and transplant them here in PT. Any and all constructive and positive assistance will be greatly appriciated.

EDIT:
Current Vascania Development Bill: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=419388
Pale's Outline for Development: Northern Vascania I imagine to be more ethnically heterogenous with numerous groups there, mainly being the Punjabi, Bangledeshi groups with sprinklings of Indian people as well. For Southern (former Luthorian) Vascania i was thinking have the northern areas of that region be mixed with Indian, Punjabi and Bengali peoples while the farther south one travels, the more Indian it gets so to say along with a stronger Geraja faith prescence. On the northwestern part of Southern Vascania maybe have some Baluchi peoples and on the Island of Napali, put a mix of Nepalese and Bhutanese groups there. Thoughts

Current Squibble and Tropica Development Bill: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=419389
Pale's Outline for Development: Work in Progress
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Re: Helping Pale Help PT (Vascania and Squibble)

Postby Aquinas » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:32 pm

Some general points...

(i.) Does the Particracy player base (or perhaps I should say, the more active/involved player base?) want colonies to continue as part of the game? I say this because I am aware some players would rather we removed them from the realm of RP altogether. I would hate to see Pale, or anyone else, do loads of work developing colonies only to see them abolished at some future point in time.

(ii.) It is telling of our general preference for Western cultures, that Africa (with the exception of Ibutho) and India have largely been shunted off out of the playable nations and confined to colonial territories where nobody can play. In particular, India makes up 1 billion of the world's people in the real world, and I think it's a shame we have never developed a playable India-themed nation.

(iii.) Any thoughts about what the population sizes of Vascania and Squibble should be?

(iv.) Once these colonies are defined, we will have the opportunity to RP (reasonably realistic, I hope!) immigration from them to the playable countries. The changing demographics/Cultural Protocols resulting from that could be very interesting, and of course, potentially controversial as well.

(v.) Giving the long (and continuing, and ever-to-continue...) colonisation of Vascania and Squibble, it would seem reasonable to presume that by now, they would have a significant population comprising of the descendants of the colonisers. There would probably also be a significant mixed race group (offspring of natives & colonials).
Aquinas

Postby PaleRider » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:11 pm

Aquinas wrote:Some general points...

(i.) Does the Particracy player base (or perhaps I should say, the more active/involved player base?) want colonies to continue as part of the game? I say this because I am aware some players would rather we removed them from the realm of RP altogether. I would hate to see Pale, or anyone else, do loads of work developing colonies only to see them abolished at some future point in time.

Well regardless of whether or not colonies continue, it would help alot with back story if we sort out these groups here. Besides, given how integral these areas are with the map and all, unless we RP these areas falling into the sea or something, it would be helpful to organize these areas so we know who we are dealing with.

(ii.) It is telling of our general preference for Western cultures, that Africa (with the exception of Ibutho) and India have largely been shunted off out of the playable nations and confined to colonial territories where nobody can play. In particular, India makes up 1 billion of the world's people in the real world, and I think it's a shame we have never developed a playable India-themed nation.

Well i think its less bias and more we never "opened" the nations here. As far as I know, Dovani has always been looked at as Asian and Squibble African and Vascania as India/South Asia. I think its just the game didnt develop fast enough to where Wouter made countries in these lands. Perhaps one day when Wouter wins the Belgian lottery we can formally open up nations here.

(iii.) Any thoughts about what the population sizes of Vascania and Squibble should be?

I was thinking put Squibbles population at somewhere around 250-400 million while Vascania would be somewhere similar.

(iv.) Once these colonies are defined, we will have the opportunity to RP (reasonably realistic, I hope!) immigration from them to the playable countries. The changing demographics/Cultural Protocols resulting from that could be very interesting, and of course, potentially controversial as well.

Thats part of the idea! Im hoping to explain colonialism and immigration from these areas as one of the main reasons for the founding of Ibutho (perhaps using a mountainous terrain there to hide from slavers?) and also explain the Indian presence in Malivia. Given how static these areas are, we would only need to update the cultural protocols very very rarely i would imagine.

(v.) Giving the long (and continuing, and ever-to-continue...) colonisation of Vascania and Squibble, it would seem reasonable to presume that by now, they would have a significant population comprising of the descendants of the colonisers. There would probably also be a significant mixed race group (offspring of natives & colonials).

That is definitely something to work out!
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby CanFly » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:04 pm

From what I've seen Vascania seems to be made up of primarily Indian groups (Luthori Raj, or whatever Indrala is calling it now) and southeast Asia(Namviet). In Talmoria-Aslistan there are a large number of these Indian groups that Pale has already mentioned and can be found here http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=370706.

I would imagine that as more colonials from the West began moving into their homes, these people moved out and immigrated to places like Talmoria-Aslistan. At least to me that seems like the most plausible way to explain how an enormous group of Indians popped up so far away from their homeland.
Call me Eagle!

(Controller of House Nordenburg/Neuhaus of Talmoria)

Indrala: Inactive
Dankuk: Inactive
Keymon: Inactive
Talmoria-Aslistan: Active
Hawu Mumenhes: Inactive
Cobura: Inactive
CanFly

Return to General