Rant of today

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Rant of today

Postby Siggon Kristov » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:16 pm

PaleRider wrote:
Afrocentric wrote:Let me change the subject a bit...does anybody know how to code or know somebody who can? This game could use a serious upgrade. Better yet, why won't moderation put more laws into the game? It seems like this game is stuck in neutral.

Indeed, we could use some more shaking up in the game. Perhaps we could have an online fundraiser for the game? Or we could go begging in the streets for funds. Or apply for a bailout from the Treasury Dept. I know I can't donate too much given my lousy E-1 pay...

Everyone keeps suggesting a fundraiser, before even finding out how much funding Wouter needs.
How many of you are actually talking to Wouter to find out what arrangements are possible?
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Aquinas » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:39 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:
PaleRider wrote:
Afrocentric wrote:Let me change the subject a bit...does anybody know how to code or know somebody who can? This game could use a serious upgrade. Better yet, why won't moderation put more laws into the game? It seems like this game is stuck in neutral.

Indeed, we could use some more shaking up in the game. Perhaps we could have an online fundraiser for the game? Or we could go begging in the streets for funds. Or apply for a bailout from the Treasury Dept. I know I can't donate too much given my lousy E-1 pay...

Everyone keeps suggesting a fundraiser, before even finding out how much funding Wouter needs.
How many of you are actually talking to Wouter to find out what arrangements are possible?

I would encourage Wouter to consider starting a funding drive with Kickstarter.
Aquinas

Postby Aquinas » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:42 pm

Amazeroth wrote:

Since these are things I can at least partially adress: Wouter won't give the code away, and I've yet to see him letting anyone else tinker with it. So even if you found a good coder, he probably wouldn't be allowed to do anything. As for why I'm not adding any laws - I'd be open to adding new ones, if the community wants that.

That would be extremely welcome, Amazeroth. I also think it would be worth reviewing/amending some of the existing laws as well.

Out of interest, may I ask how much manual work/time/hassle is involved in adding or amending legislative options?
Aquinas

Postby Generalissimo1 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:37 pm

Davostan player here to defend myself. No I do not want a generic liberal democracy etc. I would prefer a sort of nationalistic communist country. Also where is Davostan's cultural protocol? I searched for it in the legislation section and in the proposed/in discussion bills but I cannot find it.
Generalissimo1

Postby Farsun » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:39 pm

Generalissimo1 wrote:Davostan player here to defend myself. No I do not want a generic liberal democracy etc. I would prefer a sort of nationalistic communist country. Also where is Davostan's cultural protocol? I searched for it in the legislation section and in the proposed/in discussion bills but I cannot find it.

Davostan/Davostag does not actually have a cultural protocol believe it or not. It at one point had a nordic culture that was heavily influenced by nordic mythology, I don't know if you want to adopt something like that again for a culture or if you wanted to see if you could develop something unique.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Generalissimo1 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:49 pm

Farsun wrote:
Generalissimo1 wrote:Davostan player here to defend myself. No I do not want a generic liberal democracy etc. I would prefer a sort of nationalistic communist country. Also where is Davostan's cultural protocol? I searched for it in the legislation section and in the proposed/in discussion bills but I cannot find it.

Davostan/Davostag does not actually have a cultural protocol believe it or not. It at one point had a nordic culture that was heavily influenced by nordic mythology, I don't know if you want to adopt something like that again for a culture or if you wanted to see if you could develop something unique.

Why doesn't it? I would propose one but it seems that almost everything has been done. Has Albania or China style culture been done?
Generalissimo1

Postby Farsun » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:56 pm

Albanians have been integrated into the game as the Siphians in Kalopia. The Chinese language and culture have been taken by Indrala. A country such as Finland could be brought into the game, we could actually use a central asian country such as Tajikistan, Kazakstan, Uzbekistan or something of that nature. That would be awesome to see in-game and the case could be made as Trigunia, the country that is the equivalent more or less of Russia and the Russian culture in-game is relatively close.
Farsun

Postby Generalissimo1 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:03 pm

May try that then, thanks.
Generalissimo1

Postby Farsun » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:05 pm

Generalissimo1 wrote:May try that then, thanks.

Do it up my friend. I think introduction of a mash up of central Asian countries would be more awesome than a generic Finland or something like that.
Farsun

Postby Generalissimo1 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:25 am

Generalissimo1

PreviousNext

Return to General