Rant of today

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Rant of today

Postby Aquinas » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:03 am

Generalissimo1 wrote:Submitted one (http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=420144). Thoughts?

What you think and what your fellow Davostag players think is more important than what us lot here think, but for what it's worth, I like it :). In particular, I think you have a great opportunity to try and develop Satanilism further. Not much work has been done on that so far, but it undoubtedly has potential.
Aquinas

Postby Afrocentric » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:19 am

Generalissimo1 wrote:Davostan player here to defend myself. No I do not want a generic liberal democracy etc. I would prefer a sort of nationalistic communist country. Also where is Davostan's cultural protocol? I searched for it in the legislation section and in the proposed/in discussion bills but I cannot find it.

Yet, you use generic titles like "President" and "Congress". That's very generic, regardless of what ideology you are attempting to pursue. Others like Aquinas may think I'm simply being an impatient old fart who hates noobs stepping foot on mah lawn, but that's just not the case.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby Farsun » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:27 am

and yet instead of welcoming the player and explaining that some of the veteran players dislike those titles, we continue to bash them as they have introduced yet another unique culture into the game. Let's just stop now and help them get through what they are proposing.

Dude, the addition of those cultures adds such an awesome dynamic to the game and that amount of ethnic tension that you can do with that is incredible. Seriously, you can really do some awesome internal conflict RP with that and the dynamics between the ethnicities.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby MichaelReilly » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:46 am

Afrocentric wrote:
Generalissimo1 wrote:Davostan player here to defend myself. No I do not want a generic liberal democracy etc. I would prefer a sort of nationalistic communist country. Also where is Davostan's cultural protocol? I searched for it in the legislation section and in the proposed/in discussion bills but I cannot find it.

Yet, you use generic titles like "President" and "Congress". That's very generic, regardless of what ideology you are attempting to pursue. Others like Aquinas may think I'm simply being an impatient old fart who hates noobs stepping foot on mah lawn, but that's just not the case.

No. That very much is the case.

Shut up and leave him alone. What the hell does it matter to you if he's got 'President' and 'Congress'? He's perfectly entitled to do that without some self-appointed judge from the forums telling him otherwise simply because he 'doesn't like it'.
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

Postby Tawa » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:27 am

Generalissimo1 wrote:Submitted one (http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=420144). Thoughts?

Good stuff. i just wanted to point out that we already have a very well established Central Asian based culture - the Jelbic culture in central Majatra in countries like Jelbania, Vanuku and Barmenia. Here is an article on the Jelbek people. I feel creating another Central Asian culture would lead to the situation we have now with the Hungarians - they are now found both in Endralon and Deltaria with different names and I suspect, different histories too.
Tawa

Postby Polites » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:38 am

Tawa wrote:

Good stuff. i just wanted to point out that we already have a very well established Central Asian based culture - the Jelbic culture in central Majatra in countries like Jelbania, Vanuku and Barmenia. Here is an article on the Jelbek people. I feel creating another Central Asian culture would lead to the situation we have now with the Hungarians - they are now found both in Endralon and Deltaria with different names and I suspect, different histories too.

I agree. The protocol you made is really good, but I'd advise you make it fit better with the previous history of Davostag/Davostan; more specifically, I recommend you give the nation an Old Norse character (in line with the Nordic mythology RP they had there a while ago) with a Satanailic majority, as well as some Nordic pagans (the religion, called "Soren", is already present IG as one of the Davostagi faiths). Also I need to point out that Armenians already have a minor presence (which personally I'd like to see developed) as the Nrktek of Pontesi.

Either way, I do like the protocol you wrote. Hopefully you'll be able to gain the support of all Davostagi players for your endeavor.
Polites

Postby Niju » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:30 pm

I liked the proposal too.The special feature of davostan,that i think is its dark gods and beliefs.He proposed such a bill that can conserve it and i'am happy
Niju

Postby Aquinas » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:39 pm

Polites wrote:
Tawa wrote:

I agree. The protocol you made is really good, but I'd advise you make it fit better with the previous history of Davostag/Davostan; more specifically, I recommend you give the nation an Old Norse character (in line with the Nordic mythology RP they had there a while ago) with a Satanailic majority, as well as some Nordic pagans (the religion, called "Soren", is already present IG as one of the Davostagi faiths). Also I need to point out that Armenians already have a minor presence (which personally I'd like to see developed) as the Nrktek of Pontesi.

Either way, I do like the protocol you wrote. Hopefully you'll be able to gain the support of all Davostagi players for your endeavor.

I take on board the point about the Jelbeks, but surely introducing Norse culture into Davostag would cause the same issue, since the Norse are in faraway Kazulia.
Aquinas

Postby Aquinas » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:40 pm

Niju wrote:I liked the proposal too.The special feature of davostan,that i think is its dark gods and beliefs.He proposed such a bill that can conserve it and i'am happy

I think it's great you guys are retaining that.
Aquinas

Postby Polites » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:55 pm

Aquinas wrote:I take on board the point about the Jelbeks, but surely introducing Norse culture into Davostag would cause the same issue, since the Norse are in faraway Kazulia.

Perhaps, but then again, neighboring Telamon has a Swedish culture and nearby Artania is saturated with German cultures; Kazulia could then be explained as a successful Vinland, established by Davostagi Vikings in the Middle Ages. That would also solve the issue of Kazulia sticking out like a sore thumb in Dovani.
Polites

PreviousNext

Return to General