Rant of today

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Rant of today

Postby Aquinas » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:12 pm

SelucianCrusader wrote:
Aquinas wrote:As for the rules, as I understand them, legislatures are able to pass judicial measures against in-game characters if they pass the appropriate Bill, though if anyone can clarify (hopefully in a less obnoxious way than Afrocentric tried to) then that would be helpful.
I can't speak for Amaz, but AFAIK the legislature can probably order him executed, but it's up to the character's controller to agree having him executed.

Well, in Lodamun, not so long ago, Amazeroth & Siggon gave me a choice between either retconning some IC comments or having my party leader judicially executed for blasphemy.
Aquinas

Postby Afrocentric » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:22 pm

Aquinas wrote:So? Almost every nation in Terra has a history of using "generic" constitutional titles, yet that hasn't stopped you attacking them when you judge them to be "generic".

You miss understand what I wrote. It has for the most part been played as a generic Republic with very short instances of Totalitarianism and a Monarchy.

Aquinas wrote:Equestria and monarchism are not your only options. If you were as passionate in your crusade against "genericness" as you present yourself, then you would be actively presenting your nation with alternatives to "President", "Prime Minister" and "Parliament".

I'd rather not mess with history.
Aquinas wrote:You do not follow this dictum yourself when you lash out at nations and players you accuse of "genericness".

I'm a hypocrite; so is 99.9% of the human population.

Aquinas wrote:How the heck is he showing "no respect for the game"??? One of the major issues with Particracy is the small group of people who hang around on the forum, acting out like they are part of some kind of elite and imagining they own the whole of Terra and have the right to tell everybody else what to do. Well, sorry, but you don't. Deal with it and stop spewing out all of this negativity. It turns a lot of players off this forum, and in some cases, off the game completely. I know because I've spoken to them.

Pot calling the kettle black.

Aquinas wrote:Actually, in the end they voted down the Bill to execute Lord Medivh Evil after I did a RP about Aldurian civil rights activists complaining about it (see their response to that here).

Well I didn't notice that, but still I'm sure you have to ask the player who controls that character if you want to kill him/her off. It's in Pax Cynica somewhere.

Aquinas wrote:Notice, by the way, that unlike a lot of people who slag off "newbies" the most, I actually do do a bit of RP myself sometimes and I do make an effort to draw in newer players.

Good for you. Do you want a medal?

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby PaleRider » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:09 pm

Honestly we do need to become a more open community. instead of bashing the players in Davostan, let's work with them and develop their capabilities. Hell, it took me a year to become active in the game and move past the generic-ness to embrace the game in its fullness. We need more patience and maybe an informal mentorship program. I know myslef and Aquinas reach out a lot to new players. I always try to inform them on new stuff and the benefits of the Forum.
However a lot of us are too conservative in not letting change happen. Honestly, look at the b**** fit Siggy put up in Lodamun when Aquinas went there and shook things up? I'm under no illusions in Zardugal that someone may shake things up there. I'm ready to engage in constructive RP to make things more interesting. Hell i even RP myself sometimes regularly displaying divides in the ZPP and in the country. Let's work with new players instead of pontificating on why they are inferior.
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby Aquinas » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:07 pm

Afrocentric wrote:
Aquinas wrote:Actually, in the end they voted down the Bill to execute Lord Medivh Evil after I did a RP about Aldurian civil rights activists complaining about it (see their response to that here).

Well I didn't notice that, but still I'm sure you have to ask the player who controls that character if you want to kill him/her off. It's in Pax Cynica somewhere.

If you remember, IdioC abolished Pax Cynica. It is no longer binding. He deleted it from existence. Now we do not even have so much as a copy of it to refer to for reference. Instead, we now have Amazeroth's Rules of the Game, a much shorter document that is (at least to me) a little vague/confusing on some points.

If my recollection of Pax Cynica is accurate (which it may not be), then it used to be that you could sentence an in-game character to judicial punishment by passing a Bill with the approval of the parties controlling the Head of State, Head of Government and Minister of Justice. Under the new Rules of the Game, I presume you can usually do it through simply passing a Bill (read Section 10 on Internal RP). Or even, presumably, through simply demanding the enforcement of an existing law, as occurred in Lodamun when my party leader was executed for blasphemy.
Aquinas

Postby Afrocentric » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:08 am

PaleRider wrote:Honestly we do need to become a more open community. instead of bashing the players in Davostan, let's work with them and develop their capabilities.

Which is why I suggested that a certain set of countries be set aside for that purpose; preferably those that are generic, stable, emphasize RP and have a veteran player willing to work with noobs so they can reach their full potential. I think those of us that have been playing for upwards of 5+ years would be perfect for this position.

PaleRider wrote:Honestly, look at the b**** fit Siggy put up in Lodamun when Aquinas went there and shook things up? I'm under no illusions in Zardugal that someone may shake things up there. I'm ready to engage in constructive RP to make things more interesting. Hell i even RP myself sometimes regularly displaying divides in the ZPP and in the country.

Some of us have put in years of hard work and developed countries and to see them whipped out in an instant by one or more people is a scary thought. I know this sounds weird, but to some, these countries are like our children and nobody wants to see their children snatched up and taken away from them.

PaleRider wrote:Let's work with new players instead of pontificating on why they are inferior.

Where did I say they were inferior? I simply said they haven't grasped the rules and are attempting to destroy a nation with genericness; big difference from calling them "inferior".

Afrocentric

Postby CanadianEh » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:23 am

Have only been on this game for a short 5 months but I have really grown to enjoy it,

I agree with Afro in the sense that some of you guys kind of think of the nations of your children in a way and how is pisses you off one someone tries to mess it up.

I have only been in Baltusia for a month but it's already kind of turned into my pet project and my next task is updating the wiki and even after a month it would really piss me off if the other party messes it up.
Kirlawa Liberals - Inactive
Baltusia Conservatives - Inactive
Rutanian Democratic Party - Inactive
Conservative Party of Luthori - Active

In all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom -- John Locke
CanadianEh

Postby MichaelReilly » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:30 pm

Aquinas wrote:One of the major issues with Particracy is the small group of people who hang around on the forum, acting out like they are part of some kind of elite and imagining they own the whole of Terra and have the right to tell everybody else what to do.

Again, this. 100%.
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

Postby Afrocentric » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:45 am

Let me change the subject a bit...does anybody know how to code or know somebody who can? This game could use a serious upgrade. Better yet, why won't moderation put more laws into the game? It seems like this game is stuck in neutral.

Afrocentric

Postby PaleRider » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:17 am

Afrocentric wrote:Let me change the subject a bit...does anybody know how to code or know somebody who can? This game could use a serious upgrade. Better yet, why won't moderation put more laws into the game? It seems like this game is stuck in neutral.

Indeed, we could use some more shaking up in the game. Perhaps we could have an online fundraiser for the game? Or we could go begging in the streets for funds. Or apply for a bailout from the Treasury Dept. I know I can't donate too much given my lousy E-1 pay...
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby Amazeroth » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:18 am

Afrocentric wrote:Let me change the subject a bit...does anybody know how to code or know somebody who can? This game could use a serious upgrade. Better yet, why won't moderation put more laws into the game? It seems like this game is stuck in neutral.

Since these are things I can at least partially adress: Wouter won't give the code away, and I've yet to see him letting anyone else tinker with it. So even if you found a good coder, he probably wouldn't be allowed to do anything. As for why I'm not adding any laws - I'd be open to adding new ones, if the community wants that.
Eines Tages traf Karl der Große eine alte Frau.
"Guten Tag, alte Frau", sagte Karl der Große.
"Guten Tag, Karl der Große", sagte die alte Frau.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

PreviousNext

Return to General