Legalize Multiple Accounts (Pale's Craziest Idea Yet!)

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Legalize Multiple Accounts (Pale's Craziest Idea Yet!)

Postby PaleRider » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:31 am

Farsun wrote:My primary argument is that most players do not develop their own nations enough and that is a problem in-game that we face.

A valid argument, which is why you have to apply to do so. Most players who dont develop their own nation most likely wont apply for this oppurtunity and if they do, Moderation can turn them down if they dont have a thorough enough plan or dont have a history to allow an expectation of them following through on their promises.
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby Aquinas » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:23 am

PaleRider wrote:
Farsun wrote:My primary argument is that most players do not develop their own nations enough and that is a problem in-game that we face.

A valid argument, which is why you have to apply to do so. Most players who dont develop their own nation most likely wont apply for this oppurtunity and if they do, Moderation can turn them down if they dont have a thorough enough plan or dont have a history to allow an expectation of them following through on their promises.

That could prove controversial, complicated and time-consuming for Moderation to enforce (especially with only one Moderator).
Aquinas

Postby PaleRider » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:33 am

Aquinas wrote:That could prove controversial, complicated and time-consuming for Moderation to enforce (especially with only one Moderator).

http://classic.particracy.net/viewnatio ... ationid=51
http://classic.particracy.net/viewnatio ... ationid=49
http://classic.particracy.net/viewnatio ... ationid=44
http://classic.particracy.net/viewnatio ... ationid=25

While I understand your concerns, let's be real here. There is no other option. Take Kalopia, Kalopia has been abandoned for a week now. It is the cruel reality that since new players are in perennial short supply, we must push the boundaries here. I say let's test it out. Give it a shot. I'm willing, hell I'll volunteer to organize in all of these countries. Inject some new RP opportunities and get more of the regions active. And when new players move there we I can show them the ropes, and bow out while they take over. I see very few options less and as the PT community becomes smaller and smaller we are left with toughening choices. Do we simply leave nations by the wayside for days, sometimes weeks at a time or do we, for the sake of RP and continuity allow some form of Multi-ing? I say lets try the latter, the former hasn't worked out well recently.

Pale's Plan for Beiteynu: Develop a thoroughly Yeudish State with tensions with the Ahmadi powers in Terra and its southern neighbor of Barmenia. Has stability issues in the interior and border regions. Presence of a MU and MSCO stabilization mission.
Pale's Plan for Barmenia: Creation of a weak provisional government that tries to balance the Felinist, Hosian, Ahmadist and Yeudi factions of the nation while trying to become stable, being a competing ground for Zardic and Vanukuean influence with a raging internal insurgency and major MU/MSCO presence. Insurgents supplied by radical Ahmadi groups, Beiteynese militias and Kafuristan.
Pale's Plan for Kalopia: an alliance of Kalopian Nationalists and Liberals takes power which prompts tensions with the internal Wantuni community and Kafuristan forcing the nation to call upon the MU and MSCO for help. Becomes a battleground for the competing influences of Zardugal, Vanuku and Kafuristan with major internal ethnic strife, oil and economic development issues along with major terrorism and stability issues.
Pale's Plan for Saridan: creation of a provisional government made up of the Duntrekkers who continue a policy of discrimination against the ethnic Cranalaise people. Internal instability, joining the SU, piracy issues all contribute to a major RP here.

That's my vision if implemented. We need to do something. Just sitting and waiting for new players is proving to be an unworkable solution.
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
PaleRider

Postby Farsun » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:40 pm

I can see the abuse already, an organization that you helped create is involved in each one of those nations (the Majatran Union). Right there is a huge problem, regardless that you don't "own" the organization, it already shows how much you are trying to influence the game.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Aquinas » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:57 pm

Farsun wrote:I can see the abuse already, an organization that you helped create is involved in each one of those nations (the Majatran Union). Right there is a huge problem, regardless that you don't "own" the organization, it already shows how much you are trying to influence the game.

Well, if that were true, I suppose that depends on how much one sees that as "abuse" and how much one sees that as a way to smooth the facilitation of exciting international RP scenarios. I can see both angles. Presumably, though, if multiple accounting was legal, then in this scenario, other players would be free to set up their own additional player accounts in order to counter any excessive/unfair influence they thought Pale was having. That could get very messy, though...

I think I'm going more and more off the idea of multiple accounting, to be honest, as much as I would be fascinated to see how a game with 4 or 5 SelucianCrusaders and PaleRiders turned out.
Last edited by Aquinas on Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aquinas

Postby Polites » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:57 pm

Farsun wrote:I can see the abuse already, an organization that you helped create is involved in each one of those nations (the Majatran Union). Right there is a huge problem, regardless that you don't "own" the organization, it already shows how much you are trying to influence the game.

Exactly. Such a system would for instance allow me to create a new party in Saridan and create an Aldegarian Empire in Seleya by myself.
Polites

Postby PaleRider » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:40 pm

http://classic.particracy.net/viewnation.php?nationid=3

Welp we can add Dundorf to the list of nations currently open for business as it were. With the community shrinking and little new players coming in, we need to do something. These are vital players in Terra who are unoccupied. Perhaps we could coax some players in nations heavy with parties (like Aloria and Rutania) to migrate out and help them adjust to the new nations in these areas? I'm personally running out of ideas on how to keep at least one party in every nation
PaleRider

Postby Afrocentric » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:29 pm

PaleRider wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewnation.php?nationid=3

Welp we can add Dundorf to the list of nations currently open for business as it were. With the community shrinking and little new players coming in, we need to do something. These are vital players in Terra who are unoccupied. Perhaps we could coax some players in nations heavy with parties (like Aloria and Rutania) to migrate out and help them adjust to the new nations in these areas? I'm personally running out of ideas on how to keep at least one party in every nation

I tried to get a few to leave Rutania for some other less populated countries, but they don't want to for w/e reason.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby PaleRider » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:43 pm

Afrocentric wrote:
PaleRider wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewnation.php?nationid=3

I tried to get a few to leave Rutania for some other less populated countries, but they don't want to for w/e reason.

Damn, well something needs to be done and fast. Whether its legalizing accounts or encouraging more people to move out
PaleRider

Postby Polites » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:33 am

PaleRider wrote:Damn, well something needs to be done and fast. Whether its legalizing accounts or encouraging more people to move out

Where's the rush though? It's not like the game's gonna crash with a few empty nations.
Polites

PreviousNext

Return to General