Legalize Multiple Accounts (Pale's Craziest Idea Yet!)

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Legalize Multiple Accounts (Pale's Craziest Idea Yet!)

Postby PaleRider » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:25 pm

Well there ya have it. Let's legalize multiple accounts. Now before I start getting bombarded with insults and such I feel such a move would help us. A lot of development needs to be done yet to the game, especially in quite a few nations and most of the active members who produce alot of RP and development are confined to only one nation at a time. It could potentially become a major factor to reinvigorate the game RP and would help carry on activity through slower weeks/months.
Now im NOT proposing a free for all. You should have to route a request to multi through Moderation and be under strict observation and have a detailed plan. Further no one with any rules violation is like the last 6 months to a year should be allowed and unauthorized Multi-ing persons should be not be allowed to particpate. Here's a mock application to better illustrate how this could be regulated:

Multiple Account Permission Application
Main PT Account Name: PaleRider/Zardic People's Party
Requestion Permission to Open Another Account In: Hutori (just as an example)
Proposed Party Name: Radical Communist Party
Proposed Party Ideology: Far Left Wing

Proposed RP Plan: Reinvigorate Hutori politics, attempt to install a "people's republic"
Can your Proposed RP Plan bias, assist or give an unfair in game advantage to your main PT Account: No

Have you in the last 12 months received disciplinary action from Moderation in any capacity (whether warnings, or other forms of action): No
-If YES, please describe action that led to Moderation intervention: N/A
-If YES, please describe the action taken by Moderation: N/A

SHOULD, Moderation consider to waive your disciplinary action record?: N/A

By submitting this application I agree that I can have only ONE other account aside from my declared main account and that opening any other such accounts will breach and nullify any such permission that Moderation has granted to operate mutiple accounts. Further, I accept that lying on this application is grounds for further action.

Thoughts?
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Re: Legalize Multiple Accounts (Pale's Craziest Idea Yet!)

Postby Aquinas » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:38 pm

Our great & respected friend Selcrus proposed this last year. If the opinion poll in that thread can be taken as a reliable guide, then the player community is split fairly evenly over the issue.

Personally, I would not be interested in having more than one account in Particracy, even if it was legal to do so. Running one party is more than enough for me to be getting on with :). I would not necessarily object to multiple accounts being allowed, so long as there were safeguards in place to make sure players didn't use them to exert unfair influence during international RP. Also, of course, the whole idea would have to be practically and technological viable - which I'm not quite sure it is (though maybe Amazeroth can say more on that).
Aquinas

Postby CanadianEh » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:57 pm

I love this idea, many players want to play in 2 or 3 nations, and how is to stop them?? We can limit it to 2 accounts, there are only roughly 120-140 players these days anyways there are so many slots open!
Kirlawa Liberals - Inactive
Baltusia Conservatives - Inactive
Rutanian Democratic Party - Inactive
Conservative Party of Luthori - Active

In all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom -- John Locke
CanadianEh

Postby CanadianEh » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:58 pm

Another thing here is that this would take modifying of the current software, you could just make a request to moderation for a second account and bam simple. Only 2 accounts though or things will get to crowded in my opinion.

In all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom -- John Locke
CanadianEh

Postby Aquinas » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:13 pm

An alternative to legalising multiple accounts might be to allow selected players to assume RP control over the territories on the map that are not currently playable (ie. the colonies). That could spark a resurgence in activity.
Aquinas

Postby CanadianEh » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:37 pm

Aquinas wrote:An alternative to legalising multiple accounts might be to allow selected players to assume RP control over the territories on the map that are not currently playable (ie. the colonies). That could spark a resurgence in activity.

Yea but I think playing nan actual country would be better. I'm going to put together the same poll that happened a year ago and see the results now.

CanadianEh

Postby Afrocentric » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:50 pm

The current setup is fine. If you want to encourage RP, why not make an effort to reach out to other players and be more creative with what you do.

Aquinas wrote:An alternative to legalising multiple accounts might be to allow selected players to assume RP control over the territories on the map that are not currently playable (ie. the colonies). That could spark a resurgence in activity.

This, I can get behind.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby Farsun » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:11 am

Most players don't do enough with their nations now, allowing them in 2 or more is going to do nothing but stagnant most nations because players are going to be faced with a party that doesn't do anything but convey its primary nations own interest. Its like me creating a party in Zardugal to subvert Pale. Its going to cause problems and drive an already lack of information for most nations.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby PaleRider » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:27 am

Farsun wrote:Most players don't do enough with their nations now, allowing them in 2 or more is going to do nothing but stagnant most nations because players are going to be faced with a party that doesn't do anything but convey its primary nations own interest. Its like me creating a party in Zardugal to subvert Pale. Its going to cause problems and drive an already lack of information for most nations.

Well thats the whole idea. You would have to apply in nations where your nation wouldn't have a primary interest or conflict of interest (like me with Hutori, what possible and reasonable advantage could I give myself by being there? No offense to Hutori players!!) and you would have to have a plan to go in. Not just go in guns a blazing. And the hope is that it will allow players to manage their primary nations while developing new ones as well.
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby Farsun » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:28 am

My primary argument is that most players do not develop their own nations enough and that is a problem in-game that we face.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Next

Return to General