We need a Newspaper Tutorial

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

We need a Newspaper Tutorial

Postby Afrocentric » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:18 pm

I have 2 new players (1 was actually sent to me for advice) who are interested in helping me with Rutania's newspaper, but they were unsure of what to post. I had to explain to them how they should post and the ins and outs of it, but I fear I haven't done a good job explaining it. That got me thinking...we need some kind of tutorial that explains how to utilize the newspapers. Alot of our newer players that are interested in posting are more than likely intimated when they read the stories we post and/or are unsure of what to post and coupled that with the lack of communication/help, they ultimately decide to just playing the game and ignore the RP aspect all together.

So, I think we should put a tutorial up that explains how and what to post in your country's newspaper. I feel if we make it easier for them, they won't be as intimidated and will be able to contribute more to the game than by simply staying in their little wooden house and not venturing out into the forest, if you get my drift. I'm sure a few of us, myself included, wouldn't mind coming up with a tutorial that is easy to read, doesn't talk down to new players or scare them away. Also, if we do this, would it be possible for you to sticky the tutorial, Amaz?

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Re: We need a Newspaper Tutorial

Postby Kubrick » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:07 pm

The person you're talking about is already improving substantially. Give it two more posts and he'll figure out adding pictures and applying bb code. Then again, a more precise way to guide players to our forums to RP here as well would be nice. I can understand many players don't know a lot of RP is done here as well.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Re: We need a Newspaper Tutorial

Postby PaleRider » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:55 am

Afrocentric wrote:I have 2 new players (1 was actually sent to me for advice) who are interested in helping me with Rutania's newspaper, but they were unsure of what to post. I had to explain to them how they should post and the ins and outs of it, but I fear I haven't done a good job explaining it. That got me thinking...we need some kind of tutorial that explains how to utilize the newspapers. Alot of our newer players that are interested in posting are more than likely intimated when they read the stories we post and/or are unsure of what to post and coupled that with the lack of communication/help, they ultimately decide to just playing the game and ignore the RP aspect all together.

So, I think we should put a tutorial up that explains how and what to post in your country's newspaper. I feel if we make it easier for them, they won't be as intimidated and will be able to contribute more to the game than by simply staying in their little wooden house and not venturing out into the forest, if you get my drift. I'm sure a few of us, myself included, wouldn't mind coming up with a tutorial that is easy to read, doesn't talk down to new players or scare them away. Also, if we do this, would it be possible for you to sticky the tutorial, Amaz?

While interesting, it would be easier IMO to simply explain it in a short PM to new parties, at least my experience has shown this.
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Return to General